It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars The Last Jedi Director New Trilogy and Live Action TV Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Multiple youtube sources confirm a new trilogy and TV series to be created.

Disney is going to tap Star Wars to maximum profit potential it appears. What is worse, they are going the route of CBS and will offer the TV series on their own streaming service......not happy with that.

www.ign.com...

STAR WARS TV SERIES ANNOUNCED FOR DISNEY STREAMING SERVICE

Disney announced plans to launch its own branded streaming service. The service is set to debut in the United States sometime in 2019, and will expand worldwide at some point thereafter.

NEW STAR WARS TRILOGY OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED - STAR WARS NEWS

NEW STAR WARS TV SERIES CONFIRMED BY DISNEY EXPLAINED

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

A show comes down to if they have enough A grade writers. The special effects and overall 'crisp quality' they can put in the shows now is ever more movies grade (ie Westworld, Star Trek Discovery). No shortage of actors out there. But the writers bottleneck now that's another story...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
The TV series has been expected since currently the last season of Rebels is running. I'm hoping it's decent and have no problems bailing on it if not. I was happy with most of Clone Wars and Rebels but I'm not sure if live action will be able to pull it off. Maybe if Disney hooks them up with the right funds for the job but I'm skeptical.

They'll milk Star Wars forever. While I'm normally against that kind of thing, I love the Star Wars universe and I'm good with it so long as they maintain the vibe and maybe a little Exar Kun already...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Clone Wars and Rebels are some of the best series ever made, easily.

The new film Episode 7 was utter crap, like a huge disappointment on so many levels. I was never a fan of 4,5,6 and I guess 1,2,3 are OK. Never really cared for or had any interest in the films. I hadn't even bothered to see Rogue One (I'm that disillusioned with the film franchise). Han Solo's new flick might be ok though.

The actual good content in the entire brand name of Star Wars has always been their games, and of course as mentioned above, the Clone Wars show and it's spin off Rebels. That's what made the whole thing attractive to me.

These aren't just opinions either, they are objective facts. Especially the undeniable fact that Episode 7 is a major failure.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh yeah, the point was I'm glad Disney is going to do something with the product, but they really should focus on making another CGI series because a live action one has a strong chance of being terrible acting.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
My thoughts exactly.
It's most likely a lot easier to write a great movie with Disneys budget.
But to depend on their writer every week to come up with something cannon to keep the series alive... I guess they could go the walking dead route and pull from the plethora of Star Wars comics currently out there.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Yep

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If it wasn't for the bewbs, A Game of Thrones probably wouldn't be as popular as it is.
It's a lot of name dropping Machiavellian stuff, some fights, and bewbs.

Star Wars might need more bewbs to compete...AHA!!! I just got Rian whatever's angle on is Star Wars.

There's only like a dozen or so women in the Star Wars galaxy according to the movies and stuff. He's going to show more women. More women=more bewbs!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
My money is already lined up for the mouse to take it. Give me more Star Wars.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yeah as soon as you said you weren't a fan of four five and six and thought that one two and three were okay I knew you were full of s*** then you conflated opinion with fact saying that something that is obviously opinion is fact which confirmed it. Why don't you go off into la-la land and smoke some more crack.

Jaden
edit on 11-11-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yep. Damn mouse.

Dude, our family even watches the Holiday special at least once each Christmas (as background filler). NOTHING in the Star Wars universe will EVER be that horrendous....lol.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Yep. Damn mouse.

Dude, our family even watches the Holiday special at least once each Christmas (as background filler). NOTHING in the Star Wars universe will EVER be that horrendous....lol.

I don't know about that NOW after The Last Jedi.

That movie has killed Star Wars for me. Going forward, I will wait for the Redbox or HBO showing and not spend my money at the theater.

new topics

top topics

join