It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joel Osteen impersonator crashes into a real JO event and pretends to be him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

People joked that the only way you know he isn't the real Osteen is by him not asking for money from the people.

I have to say this guy shows a lot more decency to his fellow humans than Osteen himself.

Here's what one youtube member has to say:

You can tell he's not really Joel because he's acting like a real human being.

edit on 11/9/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Pure gold.

This guy seemed like he'd be a pleasure to meet. Unlike scum of the earth who prey on those looking towards religion and stealing their money.

No preacher should have a mansion or a private jet.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Reminds me of this fake preacher Creflo Dollar who asked his followers to give him money for a private jet:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I hate all these guys too, but the thing about Creflo is at least he was honest. He told his followers he needed money for a private jet and they were ok with it and gave it to him, so I blame them for being idiots.

edit on 9-11-2017 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Religious leaders at the end of the day are public servants.

At the end of the day, public servants aren't supposed to get rich. It's a conflict of interest.

I'm not saying I don't want career cops to have a nice pension and 401k so they can retire with a paid for comfortable house... But not a Bugatti and a private jet.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
These preachers are entertainers foremost. As for laying up treasure in Heaven..... They have their reward here and now.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

As much as I can't stand Osteen how can you get mad at him, people are so gullible and just keep handing him the $$$. I seriously can't believe that after Hurricane Harvey there is a single person on earth that would give this shyster a dollar, yet there they are!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So, this winter I'm living in Houston right near Joel's church.

So, being curious, I've been to two services on a Sunday. He's got quite the operation going there. Awesome band, very nice venue, lots of believers.

I've always thought he was sincere and a good speaker--at least in bringing spirituality to the Everyman and keeping it real. And collecting money doesn't bother me. It's the people who keep the place running. Where else is it going to come from?

What does bother me is his giant house. I mean, it's hugely gigantic and ostentatious---an exaggerated display of wealth. No one needs to live in a compound like that---not someone who claims to be humble and loves the lord.

He could support 2500 hungry villages for 1,000 years if he sold that house.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

There's actually two massive homes. The other one is in Florida IIRC.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

Well all that superficial friendly atmosphere is there to get people to put their guard down and give him money.

If Jesus is alive now, he'll be trashing not just Joel Osteen's place (including his mansions) but also other Televangelists' property and the Catholic Church.
edit on 11/9/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So how did it end up? Was the guy arrested?

And was that a cop, or JO security that dropped the "F" bomb?

-dex

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Well, I read somewhere the actual cops thought it was funny. Besides it's security's fault they let him in and he didn't do anything illegal and was just having a good time with people. In addition, he didn't get money from the people and because of that, no one can sue him.
edit on 11/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

As much as I can't stand Osteen how can you get mad at him, people are so gullible and just keep handing him the $$$. I seriously can't believe that after Hurricane Harvey there is a single person on earth that would give this shyster a dollar, yet there they are!

It's the so-called prosperity gospel angle they preach. If God is happy with them, they'll all get fat, rich and happy here on earth. So it just wouldn't fit very well for ol' Joel to be the epitome of the poor, humble man of God, would it?

For the record, I don't agree with it, but people have to make their own choices.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Pure gold, I do not Hate osteen and the other's but neither do I approve of them, Osteen does have a gift on stage, he is obviously a very gifted motivational feel good speaker.

To be honest I believe they twist the bible to there own uses, preach wealth and feel good while refusing to shelter disaster victim's in there amphitheaters etc, get rich off of money that is meant to go to the poor as that is what Christ said was to be done, or to be shared among the needy of the congregation but hey people love them, they have cult status and while I do not ascribe to his, JHM or JP's version of Christianity at least they are not beheading people.

edit on 10-11-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join