It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study suggest: Alcohol boosts recall of earlier learning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Study was sponsored by - Budweiser.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

Muhuhahaha. Imagine that.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Maybe I should drink more then I'll remember why I had one of those WARNING!!! things from the mods in my inbox...
Typically, when I see them I just get some b vitamins in me and avoid said thread...

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Study was sponsored by - Budweiser.

You mean InBev. Budweiser is no longer a US company. Hence, the irony when they changed their labels to read America instead of Budweiser this summer. Das is güt, nein?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
a reply to: rickymouse

Ha, well, problem is you didn't have enough!
Too much of a good thing and all.

I used to know people that kind of blacked out and did not remember what they did. Or maybe they just said they did not remember so people would not hold what they said against them. I had someone slip me a micky one time, they told me the next day. I would go out and get drunk when I broke up with a girl or she broke up with me. I can't drink anything but seagrams anymore, I had to get married and settle down so I could still drink one mixed drink if I wanted to. If I live longer than my wife, I am going to get drunk on seven sevens to finish off the list.

Blacking out is a real, and might I add scary thing.
Happened to me twice and is nothing to be proud about. Once I tried keeping up with some family members in shots, I stood up and it literally went black. I thought I passed out when I came to the next morning, NOPE, I sat in a chair and said some really nasty things to people that I would never have otherwise.

Haha, yea I have a wife and 2 little ones myself now, I couldn't tell you the last I've had a drink.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think budweiser just became buddummer. I wonder how many idiots will drink twice that as an attempt to become smarter at boosting their intellect.

There are people who sprayed suntan lotion onto their eyeballs in the attempt to view the last Eclipse. Rest assured. There are more from where they came from just waiting for an opportune moment to prove their idiocy.
edit on 10-11-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this. Look at how small the study group was anyway, I'm suspicious of anything under 100 people, heck, I'm wary under 1000 people, but 88? Na.

Quoting the OP in full agreement, if this were true, I'd be a genius.

If you're looking for a guilty brain booster, I've read that chocolate contains flavinoids called "flavinols" (don't quote me on those terms) that, I guess, boost math skills.

Shrug.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yay for alcohol!

Did I just say that out loud? Brain -> mouth disconnect!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Doubtful something that kills brain cells actually helps retain information. Especially in "early learning".

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Yeah. Booze does kill brain cells.

But only the weak ones.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting study.

I wonder how long after the word-learning task they drank the alcohol. Although not specifically stated, the implication in the article is very soon afterwards, which would seem to make sense that there is an easier recall of the information, and which also fits in with state dependent learning, especially if the information was still fresh in their minds when they were/began drinking.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Maybe we should get a group together and verify if this is real. We can call it a party.

Oh please! Why else would we play Trivial Pursuit drinking games?

edit on 10-11-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join