It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senators Introduce Weapons Bill: Assault Weapons Ban of 2017

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This has zero chance of passing.

Then we should name the bill. . . "My Kidney Stone".

Being a multi-kidney stone sufferer, to include two lithotripsy procedures, a STAR for you!
edit on 9-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Surge in AR15 sales in 3, 2, 1...thanks Dems! May have to research some choices myself, though I never really wanted one until now, when a Dem sends the signal that my A2 rights mean nothing to them...dang, need to buy a bigger safe too!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm actually OK with banning the bump stocks if it satiates some and I'd even go as far as limiting the size of clips, but these so called assault weapons are the same as hunting rifles in a different wrapper.

I wonder how many times now this has used as campaigning propaganda. Seems to come up once or twice a decade as a bill of some sort. Fear of something, anything, is always a go to for politicians on both sides.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I was just thinking the same. I prefer regular style bolt action hunting rifles, but I may have to get a toy just because.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Screw that, I recieved all my fathers firearms after he passed away. I guarantee you if this passes theres going to be blow back.

What also gets me, is this "gun law" has NOTHING to do with the reason that either of the two latest mass shootings happened, at that 90 percent of them had NOTHING to do with this situation.

So whats the justification?
edit on 9-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

But it is for the children!

You mean the childish Dems?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I'm actually OK with banning the bump stocks if it satiates some and I'd even go as far as limiting the size of clips, but these so called assault weapons are the same as hunting rifles in a different wrapper.

I think I should be allowed to own any military small arms the police or army have, generally.

That is the spirit of the founding fathers speaking.

They understood the danger inherent from standing armies being used to oppress the people , why the phrase 'defend the constitution from enemies without and within'.

Somewhere in the deserts of the Southwest.

edit on 9-11-2017 by intrptr because: Youtube

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

You don’t need a bump stock to bump fire. Guys have been bump firing a long time before the bump stock.

You just need to learn how and then practice.

Not very accurate. Better to just aim and pull the trigger.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Will these restrictions apply to law enforcement. Of course not.

Will security for Congress be allowed these weapons. Probably so.

Will these restrictions apply to criminals? Geesh, If law abiding citizens can't have them guns, then crooks can't get them either. Thank god cities like Chicago and Detroit have shown us that restricting gun ownership reduces gun related crimes. Those stupid Texans using a gun to take down that shooter the other day, if only they knew the power of being powerless. God bless these Demarcates for showing us the way.

In other news, Sarcasm is on the rise.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

So whats the justification?

They.

Want.

To.

Ban.

Firearms.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

That guy's great, 'So. Yeah'.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: infolurker

But it is for the children!

You mean the childish Dems?

Man, we gotta ban those damned Chainsaw Bayonets!

Chainsaw bayonets are the most dangerous weapons in the world!

edit on 9-11-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Got to love these clowns, a federal organization has admitted failure to do the paperwork correctly in the case of the church shooting... democrat response BAN da guns... guns be ebil.

Its late I am tired but for Finnegans sake, they always manage to look like they have no concept of reality.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I don't think they plan on getting this passed, they are probably just trying to please some people by putting up this bill. Some people will believe this is a whole hearted effort. I doubt if it is. You got to keep some voters voting for you.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

your video just highlights through his questioning and some of his reactions, just how much the anti-gun crowd have NO IDEA wth they are talking about.

HOWEVER, it also illustrates how so many people who might be anti, or on the fence actually get out and shoot, might change their mind

Still an awesome vid though with some great old fashioned firepower
edit on 9-11-2017 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: infolurker

How about enforcing existing laws? The idiot who shot at the Church managed to get a gun because somebody managed to screw up and this guy has a history of domestic abuse. I think if more people pay more attention to this guy's personal history, none of this would have happened.

Let's make domestic abuse a felony so none of this would happen. Anyone prone to harming animals (as in harming them for sick reasons) or human beings (unless for self defense) should not obtain weapons.

Hey whoa, pump the brakes there pal.

We're not looking for any sensible solutions here. Whatre you, new?

The program is to incrimentally disarm the public entirely so only the governemt/criminals will have guns.

Then theyll both have their way with us.

Nevermind that the latest massacre was ended by a guy with an AR15.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

Still an awesome vid though with some great old fashioned firepower

Nothing beats a relaxing day at the range.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Any bill with the names “Feinstein” & “Schumer” on it, I am 100% against.

Every single one. Even if they “claim” it’s “for the children”.

Period.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

If they hadn't run out of page space they could have added in BB & Airsoft guns.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Addendum V

Official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200-shot, range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join