It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something crossing the moon? or misidentification of something from earth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The most logical conclusion is it's a space whale.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If they're using a Newtonian reflector telescope, the mirror is open to the environment.

Is it possible that something the size of mite might be able to crawl across the mirror and appear to the camera like this small moving craft?

Just wondering.

Regardless, it's pretty creepy.

-dex

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They've been in operation for while now I thought everyone was aware of this! Mining ops among other ventures!
There's a very good reason we have a space station instead of a moon base.
edit on 9-11-2017 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley....yep, or a plain reflector.....and that's when I thought the eyepiece has water in it ......I build reflectors on dark walnut equatorial mounts

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
if a bug, what is the chance of it looking like settles in the crater, then goes north east and as it passes a small crater it slows for a brief second then picks up its speed again?
Coincidence?

I think there could be life up there.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
The most logical conclusion is it's a space whale.

I have to disagree, it's clearly a space hippo.

Cool vid OP.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

Dammit! Moon roaches, who left the cheese uncovered?!

That should leave some foot prints if it was on the surface.

Thing was moving pretty fast.

Cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
what about a baby spider along a thread somewhere mid-way through the telescope tube?

If it were anything outside of the camrea or telescope, then when it comes to "rest" it would need to be coincidentally moving exactly with the same angular speed as the moon. I'm not going to entertain the notion that it could be something on the moon.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I thino you guys are looking at it wrong.

Theres 2 objects, the big one and the little one.

They are travelling at an extremely high rate of speed.

They are travellimg lerfectly linear, I dont belivee its a living thing.

I honestly think these are objext "flying" on the moos (just as a plane would fly here.

The big one that goes into the crater... what if it was some.sort of "mining" ship?

It flys ober the crater and collectes pieces inside to mine (henxe why its so big) then flys away.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

I see an obvious small insect is crawling across the lens or mirror, but beyond that I don't know what else that is about?

And just happens to stop dead center in that weird shaped formation on the moons surface, pause, pivot, and depart in a new direction.

I respectfully disagree with this opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It looks to me like a slater* eating algae off an ornamental stone, or even smaller an Aphid.

*Woodlouse.

edit on 10-11-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i smell cgi
most space anomaly videos are pareidolia but this one is too good to be true

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Keep them scopes pointed up there...you'll bound to see something.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

After giving it a look on a large monitor, If CGI then well, well done... also, the shape is indistinct... not the usual "alien" craft most CGI hoaxers would use.

The larger 'anomaly' looks like an airliner seen from above with some Earth atmospheric (or plasma field around the object itself, ?) distortions around it. I'm not saying it's an airplane, just that on a big screen it looks like a cross shape with distortions, more than an amoeba, space squid, tardigrade or something.

This might be an actual catch of something technological and big on Luna... or a sample from a CGI artist's portfolio as it's hard to say these days, but it almost makes more sense as an actual anomaly, rather than hoax... but what do I know?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Where the thing "Turned Around", is very near the landing site of Apollo 17.
I tried to identify that crater, but if you look at the area with Google Moon, it is shaded different, so difficult to tell. (you also have to flip the moon around, because this telescopic view did not use an erecting prism.) Anyone identify that crater?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

And just happens to stop dead center in that weird shaped formation on the moons surface, pause, pivot, and depart in a new direction.

If the object was in Earth atmosphere, the Earth-Moon orbital speed would skew it considerably in the amount of time it was "stationary", turning around.
The telescope is most likely clocked to keep the Moon image stationary as well.

The only way it could be in the telescope, and be resolved like that, is if something was moving on the CCD chip, which is the primary focus. Foreign objects on CCD / CMOS chips (like dust, dirt) , usually show up as black. This thing was transparent.

So it is down to something on or flying over the lunar surface, or CGI.

edit on 11-11-2017 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Where the thing "Turned Around", is very near the landing site of Apollo 17.
I tried to identify that crater, but if you look at the area with Google Moon, it is shaded different, so difficult to tell. (you also have to flip the moon around, because this telescopic view did not use an erecting prism.) Anyone identify that crater?

I have been trying to locate this on moon maps.
I am not doing very well, but I think it is on the edge of the sea of Serenity, possibly around the Le Monnier or Litrow craters.
It seems like the bug crosses the sea of serenity, then heads across toward the sea of tranquility.

But I would be very glad if an expert could either confirm or correct that.

edit on 12-11-2017 by Mandy555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

if its an real video, then this would be everywhere in the internet and it isnt, i wonder why?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: Baddogma

if its an real video, then this would be everywhere in the internet and it isnt, i wonder why?

If it was real anyone one with a reasonable telescope could look up and see it.

But it's still interesting.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join