It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louis C.K. Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Five Women

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The first accusation dates back to 2002, when comedians Dana Min Goodman and Julia Wolov said C.K. invited them to his hotel room in Aspen, Colorado, where they'd been performing at a comedy festival. He then allegedly removed all of his clothes and began masturbating. The duo claim they first thought it was a joke before feeling paralyzed and holding each other. As they ran out of the room, they claim, the women recall C.K. calling out, "Which one is Dana and which one is Julia?" The women said they later felt intimidated by C.K.'s manager, Dave Becky, who also manages Kevin Hart, Aziz Ansari and Amy Poehler, saying that he'd contacted their manager to say he was upset about them talking about the incident. Becky denied threatening anyone to The New York Times.

Rollingstone - Louis C.K. Accused of Sexual Misconduct by Five Women.

Well, there goes the neighborhood.

Personally, I don't care for his comedy routines but his character acting was OK. Er,... "is" I meant!

Is this the new "modern era witch hunt"?? Hollywood is going to have a day of reckoning. But it does not stop there. Politics, religion, sports, acting, now comedians...

Sex is just a part of life. A "part" only.

These guys (and any gals included), think that any behavior is OK. Not just a little, "I made a drunken pass" but what C.K. did (oh, they are "just accusations", I know, but even he says he is a creep in his routines), but the physical threat of sex by starting... I lost my train of thought.

I expect more "accusations" against others too. Sad really.

ETA: Add Stephan Seagal, Robert Knepper, Charlie Sheen and Jeffery Tambor to the list!!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Since this is the Internet, I assume he's guilty.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is getting bonkers bananas.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I heard they never saw him coming.

Bada bink

Bada boom.

Drops mic and walks away.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Since this is the Internet, I assume he's guilty.

Great episode of The Orville does a really good job showing Internet justice:

www.imdb.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
This is getting bonkers bananas.

I am sort of getting sick of it already.

Digging up crap from the past on people who will never get justice in court is kind of lame. I mean if he had a chance to defend himself it would be fine, but everyone will just assume it is true and he is screwed. I just don't know what to think at this point.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I am wondering because it all leads back to the NYT. All the other MSM are running the same story.

a reply to: Jefferton

Right? This is better than the Hollywood Squares!!

a reply to: RickinVa

a reply to: dfnj2015

That was the last episode I saw. Missed last week. But yeah, everybody has their own opinion. I wonder if the madness will ever stop.

Corey Haim is saying Charlie Sheen raped him!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nathanael West, F. Scott Fitzgerald and Raymond Chandler were intrigued, enchanted and often un-romantic about this town, its egos and insecurities, its strivers and connivers. They knew of scandal, and saw Los Angeles and Hollywood as neighborhoods and private lives reaching into one another and stretching through canyons toward the ocean, on and on, like the flash and tremor of a dream. But lurking beneath, somewhere deep in the earth, a fault slips into a brokenness waiting to rise. Nobody knows where or when it will strike.

LA Times, Nov. 5, 2017 - Who's next? High anxiety in Hollywood.

Earthquake analogy. Maybe this is the Big One! Not a physical earthquake but a moral one. Huh?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If it comes out that Betty White, Robert Redford, Helen Mirren, Walter Matthau, Judy Dench, Jack Lemmon, Maggie Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Meryl Streep, and Sean Connery are all sicko perverts too...

I'm going to just slit my wrists and get it over with already.

My world will be shattered and life will no longer be worth living.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
If it comes out that Betty White, Robert Redford, Helen Mirren, Walter Matthau, Judy Dench, Jack Lemmon, Maggie Smith, Tommy Lee Jones, Meryl Streep, and Sean Connery are all sicko perverts too...

I'm already heart broken over keven spacey.
And now louy? Say it isn't so louy. Say it isn't so.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Welp... that sucks. His show 'louis' can literally put me in the ROFLMAO position. Literally.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Not enough people fighting and dying in wars these days. People wouldn't get all riled up about seeing somebody's peen if they spent a few years fighting and watching people get torn to shreds by military machinery. If this kind of thing really does make you not want to live, then perhaps you are truly too delicate and fragile to live in this harsh, cruel world.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Wasn't he one of those comedians that was on his high horse about morality?
Seems about right.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
"Pleasuring himself during a phone call with a female comic, all without consent."

And this was last week or years and years ago? At some point you just need to write it off as a undesirable situation that happen in your life if it wasn't bad enough to do something about it when it actually happened.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Better stay away places that sell razors then. The probability of at least a few of them being perverts is high.

I'M pretty sure Helen Mirren has lots of stories to tell about the kinks she's seen.

You know Sean Connery probably has done "things".

......Meryl Streep will just deny knowing anything about it, isn't that what she does?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm heartbroken Kevin Spacey decided to out himself as a means of deflection against those allegations.

a reply to: Bluntone22

I'll leave that those familiar with his routine. But I seem to remember him making rape jokes. Could be some other comedian. If he was a "champion" then it would modus operandi to hide in plain sight (like HW in his women right's march)... right before you take off your pants!!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
And this was last week or years and years ago? At some point you just need to write it off as a undesirable situation that happen in your life if it wasn't bad enough to do something about it when it actually happened.

We all have those. I imagine thousands of people -- men and women -- in small towns across America saying, "Yeah, well I got diddled a while back but I'm not a Hollywood entertainer so nobody cares and I just have to chalk it up as another piece of crap that reality has hit me with."
edit on 9-11-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yeah... I kinda stopped watching his show (that had some great moments) when he did that "sexual assaulty" bit with the foreign woman in an elevator, if remembering correctly.... it was simply too "rapey" and it sorta ruined him for me.

He comes across as someone who's very self aware and tries to do the right thing, but the focus on "creepy" sexuality in his act does make one wonder how revealing it really is/was.

Too bad... but mainstream male culture has been forgiving of "rapey" behavior forever, so it needs a "makeover." To those wondering "why now, and not last month" for these accusations, it's human nature. The dam broke and now it's "okay" to tell people about the sexual slights, assaults and general dehumanizing of females in all facets of society.

Many artists who were good at their art, but were also part of the "pig culture," as well as many, many regular guys, will be exposed for poor behavior ... and good. It's not difficult to be polite to women and to make sure sexual themes are appropriate. Like, if you can get someone fired or have any professional power over them, then just don't.

I hope this brings a change for the better, as it can't be much worse than it has been for women.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I guess he had time to assault women when he wasn't lecturing Americans on gun control.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I want my 5 minutes of fame, would one of my old girlfriends please come forward. How about that blackjack dealer in Reno, or that working girl from Cuba? Please anyone, I think I should be a bad guy too. Everyone else is!

Sarcasm above.

Don't you think this BS is getting old? Anyone who's had a fling in the last 30 years is dragging out the trash. No class, Hollweird is losing its collective mind. I think it's a something in the water or a byproduct of realities tv.

What ever happens to a lady doesn't kiss and tell?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join