It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Atlantis is underground

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

www.morien-institute.org...

No one either has the money or will to explore the Cuban ruins under the sea. Who would want to spend a huge amount of money to confirm that a few dismantled pyramids lie at the bottom of the Caribbean? Any interesting ruins would have been eroded to a smooth surface by now and any clues to those responsible for their creation would be lost. If there was a legendary lost treasure to be found down there, then perhaps multiple groups would push the exploration further. As it stands, the only ones who will benefit from any complete extensive research would be the ones who wrote books claiming Atlantis to be in the Caribbean or Central America. Their books would sell like hot cakes.

In my oppinion if Atlantis was to be found, it would be found at the bottom of the Caribbean, possibly at the deepest depths. It's also suggested that the legend has been distorted a bit or not.

It could be that families from the Far East or ancient Persia came to the Americas a few thousand years ago and brought with them the concept to build the step pyramid (Ziggaret of Babylon) along with an off-shoot religious belief system.
Sometime after the establishment of their culture the Phoenicans stumble across the new world people and their begins to be a blending of cultures. I believe that it is this Phoenician/Easterner cultural mix which brings us the Atlantis legend. Since the Phoenicians were the possible Sea Kings, it's possible that they built a city on a large island in the Caribbean to manage Sea Trade. Two cultures would co-exist and I would say the legend of Quetzalcoatl (Aztec) or Chan (Maya) are Phoenican leaders. This being a symbol of the feathered serpent or the Phoenix.

<< 1  2   >>

join