It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Atlantis is underground

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Atlantis could have been buried under soil if it was an abandoned city. Or a volcanic eruption could have buried it under lava. Why does everyone jump to the conclusion that it is underwater?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think its because Plato describes it as a huge island that was wiped out by a volcano 12000 years ago. Therefore its going to be forced underwater, especially as the Atlantis myth refers to the destruction of Thera, and not a mythical civilisation.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
under water that is frozen................like say Antarctica?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Could be Antarctica. Wasn't there a thread that claimed Antarctica was the "Hub of civilisation"?

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
the book, 'the day the sky fell' by r & r flemath sic?
gives a good summation of the reasons to point there.
i dunno about the thread, sorry

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
[edit on 17-2-2005 by pantha]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

I know this is way beyond the time here when this was posted, but has anyone read the book Decipher??
deals with the whole Atlantis in ANT, zero point energy...kinda kewl...it has as much research into it as just thoughts from the guy...quite and interesting book. I know this has no real value just thught I'd throw that out to ya;s!!

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well heck you might as well look under the earth, afterall they have looked everywhere else apart from the moon, and it sure isn't there!

If you don't find it then just find some ruins that might possibly look like it if you squint a little and ignore the obvious differences... and say you have it.

That way you will be able to get financing to dig the ruins up from dreamers and fanatics. it seems to work all the time in the archeological world.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
also, many profits described it as being under the water

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Evidence! Evidence! Evidence! There have been numerous locations for Atlantis found, only to be left in the dust. There is, in fact, no real objective evidence that Atlantis a) Ever exsisted and b) It is in the Mediterranean, or any where else for that matter. There is much conjecture and "almost" evidence, but nothing yet that definitively show anyplace to be "Atlantis".

I think we need to find a sign,

"You are entering Atlantis ... Population 12,000,000. Please observe all Erisian laws"

or

"You are now Leaving Atlantis. Y'all come back now, y'heah"???

Edited because I still haven't learned to type this week... Just washed my fingers and can't do a thing with them.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Did you remember to screw them back on in the right order after washing them this time?

I sometines wonder if my fingers have a bad case of dyslexia, the rest of me is OK.

Originally posted by sigung86
Edited because I still haven't learned to type this week... Just washed my fingers and can't do a thing with them.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by sigung86]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAVERlCK2

ATLANTIS is in the INDIES!
[edit on 17-2-2005 by pantha]

Nice proof.

Is there anyone w/ any proof out there that has something on, lets say, any part or fraction of an unknown city, such as artifacts, buildings, etc...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Or how bout under a sea of sand in say northern afrika.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
what bugs me is the fact that all the "groups" that are searching are just searching on hunches (SP?). do they even research anything? It always seemed to me that these ppl think they're more likely to find it by randomly picking a point near a coastline rather than really looking into what all the stories say. But what do I know, maybe it's in Canada

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I think 'Atlantis' is the story of the lost city of Tantulus. It's demise was similiar to that of atlantis's,"swallowed by a Lake" it was in present day turkey. notice alot of ancient cities mentioned by the greeks have been in turkey(Troy). The only thing that bothers me about this is that i have heard the Mayans or Aztecs knew of atlantis and some other native american groups. Does anyone have any links where i can read these stories?

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I think the whole "Atalntis" thing is blown out of proportion. I was an ancient island that got blown to bits. But I cant see where they were suppose to be so much more advanced and all this other nonsense. Why wouldnt the Greeks have the same technology as them? Personnally, I think it was another case of a Mount Vesuvius blowin the crap out of them. The most we will find now, will be a broken vase or 2, if anything.

Money would be better spent on treating cancer than trying to find it. just MHO

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The only fairly suggestive evidence for Antarctica being the place is that the ancient maps that show accurate longitude have the south pole at the top, and antarctica icefree.
Also, from antarctica, the oceans of the world appear to be all one great ocean. Who knows?
Maybe its Lemuria
or Mu....
or Edenu.......
It is covered by water, too, which fits the tale.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

especially as the Atlantis myth refers to the destruction of Thera, and not a mythical civilisation.

I wasn't aware that Thera was the size of a major continent, nor that it's capital was "midway along the continent's longest side"
. I'll admit that prior the the Altiplano (in Bolivia), Thera was a good contender, but it just doesn't fit many of Plato's key points.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Interesting points BlackGuard. I found an old book once which delved into Lemuria by I beleive Jessup?, some real strange stuff was revealed re ancient Lemurians, e.g: force cutters, force lifters etc..

The book even delved in the theory the Great Pyamids blocks of quarried stone was lifted by the Lemurians force lifters. Some kind of ship. Anyway, Jessup was found in his car along with an exhaust hose in operation in /59?.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII

Could also be greenland, an entire piece of land is trapped under mounds of ice. Well not alot of it, but at least 90 percent of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join