It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the MAGA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I guess you're not privy to the economic trends? America has always been "great", but it's already becoming even greater, thanks to actions being taken by President Trump. Amazing, considering that his Presidency just started!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Look at the 'positive' The Swamp is so full that You can cross to the other side w/out getting wet, just hop on their backs like You're in a 60's Jerry Lewis movie...

Maybe Trumps draining the swamp so he can build a sewer.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: worldstarcountry

We subsidize our food. But without factories producing long term wealth for this country we will simply not have the tax base needed to support all the military spending we so desperately need. Given that China has the largest military in the World, the Chinese pegging the Yuan to the dollar seems like a national security crisis to me.

Largest military in numbers does not equal most powerful, or strongest...If you really want military spending to make the US the largest military in the world, you'll need to re-instate the draft...but I have heard if they do that, there will be a large epidemic of bone spurs.

strongest military

interes ting comparison

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I guess you're not privy to the economic trends? America has always been "great", but it's already becoming even greater, thanks to actions being taken by President Trump. Amazing, considering that his Presidency just started!

Okay smart guy, I'll bite. Other than having a white guy as president instead of black, by what measure are you tallying greatness?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Or, like every criminal politician before him he's going to put as much money in his pockets before he gets booted.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Well, maybe the foreign company that "wins" the bidding process for 'The Wall™/ Los Pared™' should have first crack of the planned sewer.

Second Choice: Tyrion Lannister. He was assigned sewer duty (duty for doodie) over at King's Landing and well if You've ever had the privilege to use the water closet in KL, well, its the tops.The Eiffel Tower even...

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Where's the MAGA

It's down the hall, first door on your left.

But beware of the barking bulldog at the door, just toss him two scoops and he'll settle right down.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
But but but, "they received him like royalty" "they respect trump"

I can only hope trump will be half as hard on China as he promised during his campaign.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I thought during the campaign stump Trump promised to bring back ALL the factories from China with better trade deals. It looks like China won because I haven't heard anything about the Chinese pegging the Yuan to the dollar 6 to 1. The dollar is a unit labor cost. Pegging the Yuan to the dollar 6 to 1 means a CEO gets six Chinese workers for every one American worker. No one person can compete with six Chinese workers.

The CEOs sure love their slave labor. Just goes to show you the swamp is full to the brim and the Corporations ARE the government.

Your picture says " politics is a waste of time," yet here we are
First thing, 6 dollars to 1 Yuan does not mean six Chinese workers for every American. That would only be true if workers are being paid 6 dollars in the US and 1 Yuan in China, or multiples of, which is obviously not the case. Its also not the case because they have universal healthcare that employers don't need to pay as well as many other benefits. However, it is true that China holds the edge when talking about manufacturing jobs. For many reasons other than currency. A few examples, limited environmental laws, ease of hiring, healthcare, and many more... To say 6-1, is just one of manyyyyyyy factors.

Secondly, in macroeconomics, nothing happens fast, as that could cause many unintended consequences. Fact is, the Chinese have been depreciating the Yuan (not freely) but have been doing so for a while. The dollar is not unit labor cost cause, it is an IOU for all debts, both public and private. You can trade dollars for services (labor) and for products, goods, and natural factors of production (I.e. oil, timber, coal, water, etc....)

And last but not least, Trump has had one year in office, Obama after 4 years was still blaming George W., whether you like or dislike Trump, its not realistic to expect a 180 in one year. Please don't fall asleep in Macroeconomics classes anymore.

Looks like more manufacturing in the US, and more jobs. #Winning !
FRED Production
edit on 9-11-2017 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
Please don't fall asleep in Macroeconomics classes anymore.

I've been to China. I've purchased from Chinese factories. I've seen their financials. You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. One thing is to insult me by saying I was asleep in college class having NOTHING to do with reality. And it's another thing to tell me something I've directly experience over many years with many companies is wrong. Again, China is a communist country. Unless you've been there you have no idea what we are dealing with. Unless you've had direct experience with Chinese manufacturing you have no idea what you are talking about.

edit on 9-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
its MAGA Make Asia Great Again, trickle down effect and all that.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanSolo31
Please don't fall asleep in Macroeconomics classes anymore.

I've been to China. I've purchased from Chinese factories. I've seen their financials. You have absolutely NO idea what you are talking about. One thing is to insult me by saying I was asleep in college class having NOTHING to do with reality. And it's another thing to tell me something I've directly experience over many years with many companies is wrong. Again, China is a communist country. Unless you've been there you have no idea what we are dealing with. Unless you've had direct experience with Chinese manufacturing you have no idea what you are talking about.

I have direct business ties with Chinese manufacturers, so I do know a thing or two about China. Been there 4 times in the past 2 years alone. "Ive seen their financials" - Does their financials say $6 for Americans vs. 1 Yuan for Chinese employees ? Or maybe thats where you got

The dollar is a unit labor cost
Financials are accounting not macroeconomics, those are two distinctly different subjects. Do they use their employees for financial benefits ? Sure. Doesn't make your thread any better or your ridiculous statements any more true.

You don't want to be told to stay awake in Macro Econ class, then dont make statements that show a lack of basic understanding of the circular flow model and macro 101.
edit on 10-11-2017 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2017 by HanSolo31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

originally posted by: JimNasium

Look at the 'positive' The Swamp is so full that You can cross to the other side w/out getting wet, just hop on their backs like You're in a 60's Jerry Lewis movie...

Maybe Trumps draining the swamp so he can build a sewer.

That and an underground maze of a pipedream with "free healthcare for everyone". Kinda sad that only underground dwellers will suck it up, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join