It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driverless bus crashes on its first day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't mention Hillary, I said Obama+Congress, YOU brought up Hillary and then twist my words into being partisan hackery when I just called you out for being the false pro-worker liberal that you sure seem to be desperate to prove herein.

Huh? Where did I ever mention Hillary? Oh, I didn't did I? I think you've got eyestrain from too many YouTube videos.

You're very sensitive and prone to baseless attacks today. Do you need a nap? Bill Clinton is far from "my hero" but I do find it funny that you're citing "Tucker Carlson's speech to the firefighters" — you fake independent.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Billary, whatever same difference.

It's really hard having patience with war criminal supporting, multinational corporatism bootlicking, fake liberals whom at every turn twist everything into DEMOCRAT VERSUS REPUBLICAN.

Too bad you ran from our discussion in my war thread. It was just getting good.

edit on 9-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So these driverless shuttles are not programmed to immediately stop to avoid driving errors of other vehicles? Heck, I can experience someone cutting out in front of me, or slamming on the breaks ahead of me at least 3 times a week! What happens if all the GPS satellites are knocked out due to some space anomaly? There's no manual override?

Sure doesn't sound like all the kinks have been worked out and the riders are being used as guinea pigs.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It requires a very advanced 'Artificial Inteligence' to be able to deal with the whole range of situation that may arise from natural human stupidity.
Humans are much more used than machines to the erratic behaviour of their peers and assume that from time to time you just have to expect the unexpected.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm really skeptical that completely driverless vehicles will start off without a few serious problems. The world is so chaotic after all. But they will have a major advantage, the engineers can look at a crash, identify the cause, and then modify the software to avoid a similar outcome in the future.

You've also got to wonder if the damage to that bus would have been the same if the brakes were applied with human reflexes. Even if that question doesn't apply to this accident, it might very well apply to the next one.
edit on 10-11-2017 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Wait until the cars start driving themselves into brick walls.

But what will be the tipping point...

Teenagers gossiping about Miley Cyrus?

Country radio music??

A constantly arguing couple???

A person whose road rage is always directed at their own slow moving vehicle????

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
So these driverless shuttles are not programmed to immediately stop to avoid driving errors of other vehicles? Heck, I can experience someone cutting out in front of me, or slamming on the breaks ahead of me at least 3 times a week! What happens if all the GPS satellites are knocked out due to some space anomaly? There's no manual override?

Sure doesn't sound like all the kinks have been worked out and the riders are being used as guinea pigs.

Read the article the shuttledid stop.

The human kept reversing into the shuttle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join