It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine being 'forced' to look at & talk about Tom Cruise every day for the rest of your life...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
...or any other celebrity for that matter!

They say politics is show business for ugly people. One thing about 'proper show business' is at least they tend to cultivate good looking people whom at least act like people we'd want to be around. Now can you name a celebrity that you'd want to be forced to 'deal with' everyday for decades on end??

NOTICE: People you'd like to bed or marry dont count in this thought experiment.

I know I cant, and sure hope nobody else would.

So then why this obsession with these celebrity career politicians, whom insist on being in our lives, insist on meddling with our livilihood?

I speak of course to this ongoing 'across the isle' Appeal To Dynasty trend we've been observing since the Bush's. And then the Clinton's. And now people out drooling over getting Michelle Obama in next.

As if se Michelle Obama wouldn't mean 8 more year of her husband in the White House. As if it wouldn't be 8 more years of the same BS agenda's.

This past election, the Ruling Establishment had the MSM trumping up an expected outcome of Jeb Bush vs. Hillary Clinton in the general election. It seems Republican's never forgave Trump for ruining that "honeymoon". Then, of course, the Democrat's literally rioted when the Clinton Dynasty was smashed.

And Hillary sure is the perfect archetype. Eight years as First Lady just wasn't good enough. Nope. Immediately afterwards she was already stacking her deck to stay in the daily news cycle in moving from Arkansas to New York to run for Senate (Senate being the traditional path to the White House aside from being a state Governor). In a mere 8 years from Bill's end of term here she was running for POTUS. She didn't get it there, but hey as long as she beat Trump it was even better score getting an additional 8 years in the daily limelight as Secretary of State. But then her ego didn't get that, and yet a full year later here she is every other day running antics ensuring we just cant quit talking about Her. Maybe if she could at least act like a real person, a person anybody could actually like, it'd be one thing. You'd think she'd realize the cause in doing so, as she's nothing to look at. With those not in her favor you might think she'd perhaps have politics that aren't divisive and spiteful. Nope again.

She does get one thing right, sort of, where "acting" parts is effectively higher order 'lying', she sure made a career out of that. And the scary part is the social aspect, whereas I'm getting the impression people that people where they find celebrities acting admirable so to with politicians lying to them everyday. The old "does this dress make me look fat" thing, where its expected to lie and say it doesn't, seems to be playing out on the grand stage now.

Anyways, dynasty sure sounds just like monarchy to me. Does anyone realize 'we' rebelled against this sort of BS in 1776? If you yearn for a royal family so bad perhaps move to the UK and go kneel in front of the Royal Palace every morning on the way to work? Better yet, move to Saudi Arabia as they're truly living the "dream" to the fullest there.

edit on 9-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Tom Cruise was great in this film.

but I wouldn't want look at or be around anyone for any extended period of time.

I thought the quote was...."politics is the entertainment section of the Military/industrial complex"

My question to you is...how does it feel to have Rush Limbaugh living in YOUR head?
edit on 9-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm forced to hear about Trump every day, multiple times per day, unless I avoid all social media and news reporting.

As to "Hillary's Ego," why is it okay for a man to work decades to build a career to the point that the Presidency is within reach, and not her? Why is it okay for a reality TV star whose Ego seems Epic in proportion to run for and obtain the Presidency with little qualifications other than being rich, belligerent, and tapping into conservative angst over Obama? Why does his Ego get a pass, and her ambitions, equal to any man's, gets scorned?

Michelle Obama will not run. She hates politics. Oprah would run before MO would. Our obsession with celebrities in general, political or otherwise, shouldn't be a surprise for any American. It's why Trump won.

Anyway. Think about how easily you beat up on Hillary for wanting what men have wanted for the last couple centuries. Please. Pretty please. With sprinkles.

edit on 9-11-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That is a sick thought. a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

NOTICE: People you'd like to bed or marry dont count in this thought experiment.

That is one of the best disclaimers ever, seriously.😹😹😹

I've never understood why politicians are treated like celebrity idols. Puts them on a pedestal rather than as the public servants they are intended to be.

But I can't look at Tom Cruise for more than a few seconds at a time if he's smiling. Once you see that uni-tooth he's got going on right in the middle of his grill, you can't unsee it. And I know I can't be the only one who notices that disturbance in his face.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

I'm forced to hear about Trump every day, multiple times per day, unless I avoid all social media and news reporting.

As to "Hillary's Ego," why is it okay for a man to work decades to build a career to the point that the Presidency is within reach, and not her? Why is it okay for a reality TV star whose Ego seems Epic in proportion to run for and obtain the Presidency with little qualifications other than being rich, belligerent, and tapping into conservative angst over Obama? Why does his Ego get a pass, and her ambitions, equal to any man's, gets scorned?

Michelle Obama will not run. She hates politics. Oprah would run before MO would. Our obsession with celebrities in general, political or otherwise, shouldn't be a surprise for any American. It's why Trump won.

Anyway. Think about how easily you beat up on Hillary for wanting what men have wanted for the last couple centuries. Please. Pretty please. With sprinkles.

The fact you label Trump as egotistic and HRC as ambitious belies your agenda, if you don’t think HRC has an inflated ego just like POTUS 45, you are mistaken (it cost her party the Presidency). I can freely accept POTUS 45 has an ego, as does a majority of folks worth millions and billions...it’s what gets them there.

I think you missed the OP point...there should be no families repeatedly elected to the whie house. I agree, the USA was not formed to become a monarchy...
edit on 9-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hillary was beat upon because she's an evil witch with zero empathy!

Did you really think it's just because she's a woman? WOW!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

The fact you label Trump as egotistic and HRC as ambitious belies your agenda, if you don’t think HRC has an inflated ego just like POTUS 45, you are mistaken (it cost her party the Presidency). I can freely accept POTUS 45 has an ego, as does a majority of folks worth millions and billions...it’s what gets them there.

I think you missed the OP point...there should be no families repeatedly elected to the whie house. I agree, the USA was not formed to become a monarchy...

I'm reframing from the OP who did a fine job of playing the other side of that by saying " Hillary's Ego ..."

As I didn't see him saying anything about her male competitors in that same light, I flipped the script.

Doesn't feel fair, does it?

Something to think about...

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yeah, well he won.

Hillary lost, yet here were are after decades still hearing about her constantly everyday.

What are your thoughts about that?

At least Trump is funny.

You'd have us yet endure such an insufferable zero humor wailing banshee everyday just for the royalty of it?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Imagine being 'forced' to look at & talk about Tom Cruise every day for the rest of your life...

So a career at E!?

PS: I hear about Hillary from right wing sources more so than left wing sources. Case in point: This thread.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not a right wing source.

I am the Alt/Alt!

Always appreciate being prodding to plug it by the way. Thanks!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I'm not a right wing source.

Yes. If I'm a liberal source then you are right wing source. Deal with it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Go thru my threads the past year and prove it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

But, but Obama....But, but Hillary.....is the Right wing answer to any and all Trump criticism. Deal with it!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's starting to seem like a royal court, and a monarchesque cabal indeed.

On a lighter note, why not combine the two issues and make Tom Cruise the next US President?

The next first lady can be chosen by David Miscavige personally (his taste isn't too shoddy), and at the inauguration everybody can jump up and down on couches.

Introducing regular e-meter interrogations and debriefings into politics will prevent any further ado about Russian interference.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I mean. Literally everything you type has a right wing slant and I've never seen you defend ANY liberal ideology so that means you aren't left in any way shape or form. Therefore you are right. Done. I don't need to post any threads. Your obsession with hating Hillary Clinton, Obama and any other liberal is known by a great many and your man crush on Trump is also well known.

Like I said. Hillary threads come from your camp more so than my camp. That sounds like something you need to reconcile with your right wing buddies.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Just because your DNC masters have told you that SJW PC Identity Politics is the entire liberal platform doesnt make it so.

Workers rights were what founded the liberal philosophy, and yet you've all chucked that aside for multinational corporatism worship and to bludgeon people over the head with the PC billyclub.

That aint my fault.

Check out my Alt-Alt piece and come tell me I'm a right winger.

If liberal politics are literally insane these days people calling them out doesn't make them a conservative except in the eyes of a hardcore partisan.

Now if you're done with the ad hominem, why do you insist we all have to have Hillary everyday in our entire adult lives???
edit on 9-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah, well he won.

Hillary lost, yet here were are after decades still hearing about her constantly everyday.

90%+ of Hillary posts come from posters on right. I get the sense that many/most left leaners are happy to leave Hillary in the past.
edit on 9-11-2017 by Syphon because: I can't spell

edit on 9-11-2017 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Syphon

So the international interview tour shes been on that's all the doing of right wingers?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Tom Cruise was great in this film.

The guy comes across as a whack job and not very smart. Either he really is or he has the worst PR company in the world. Sadly I think he was one of the better ones, so you could only Imagine the level of stupidity he might be suffering from.

Having said that. I enjoy just about every money he makes.

My wife has a very good rule when it comes to celebrity.

Never Never Never ever listen to or read an interview that involves one of your favorite actors . Don't even be tempted , or it will ruin your movie experiences.

edit on 411130America/ChicagoThu, 09 Nov 2017 12:41:10 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join