It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Won Tuesday's Election

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

I can't remember the name for it

Critical mass? Critical indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Its funny here in So Cali, and other places where its legal in the state, crime went DOWN, in the dispensary areas. I got my medical card 3 years ago and will continue to do so, because my pain management dr recommended trying it. I did, and honestly the type of intense pain I have, it really did not help much if any, sciatica. It did however help my depression. I smoke sativa dominant hybrids for the most part. Sativa is the medically helpful strain with more cannabinoids, that is the medicinal properties known to help a wide variety of health issues.

The reason I am keeping my medical card, is because of the huge tax that will be placed on recreational pot, as of January, and I do use it for medical purposes.

People need to be careful with pot now. Its much stronger than it used to be. I also recommend hybrids because too much THC(the stuff that makes you high) and no cannabinoids (the good part of pot) is not good for you mentally. If you decide to smoke it, talk to your "Budtender" make sure they at least seem to know what they are talking about. Ask them about different strains and whatnot. With literally hundreds of strains to choose from, each one is different from the others.

edit on 9-11-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Not as long as trump is president. Next year he's going to outlaw color. Black brown and dark blue will be the only choices.
And only one flavor of potato chip except for him he gets any flavor he wants.
Jobs jobs, need to keep the slaves droning but they must not be happy.

In case you think he would even consider legalization.

He's the anti buzz president.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Go ahead legalise it . And continue your decline into third world status .

Someone watched reefer madness too many times....

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeroFurrbone

Pot takes lives? Like over doses....on Doritos?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

No one has ever died from a pot over dose. No one.. ever....

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Go ahead legalise it . And continue your decline into third world status .

Someone watched reefer madness too many times....

Ever watch the MST3K boys do Reefer Madness? They... Uh... Really like making fun of it.
Once
Twice
Even a live addition
edit on 9-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

In 2021 when Biden is president it will happen. Not with this clown.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Just a point...this thread is about weed not opium abuse.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

In 2021 when Biden is president it will happen

Wow
That appears to be a powerful strain you have there.

edit on 9/11/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I'm holding a somewhat ambivalent position on the issue of legalisation. You make some good points and we'd need professional oversight in order to maintain a certain quality for the consumers. I'm just holding high hopes that the civil society is capable to make it happen. Doctors without borders, national health councils, etc. pp. We have the committees to work things out, all we need is a legal framework to make it happen.

Yeah but that's the hardest part. I simply have no faith in the current crop of politicians, executives, and lobbyists. They won't even properly regulate supplements like vitamins, so there's no way they're going to properly regulate over-the-counter ecstasy drugs. And there's simply too much pharmaceutical money floating around for the major political parties to embrace this on a large scale level.

We wont need cartels to do the job, they'd still have to ship their product around the whole wide world.

I'm not saying we'd need them to do it, I'm saying they'd simply shift some of their operations over to sell the newly legalized products. They already have an enormous amount of drug fronts in the US & major banks like HSBC are on record as having accepted and funneled cartel money. I just don't see how we'd be able to keep them out of the legal drug business, especially when the products involved are products that they have expertise in. Imagine an American firm trying to get genuine Colombian coca leaves without the cartels getting a cut, even though those farmers are usually allied with the cartels or are on their payrolls.

And a more decentralised production with labs anywhere will empower the people while potentially ruining the various criminal structures sooner or later.

I'd love to see that happen. But I suspect that we'd simply be trading organized crime rings for new pharmaceutical giants. But that's still a net gain so I guess even that would be progress.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Where did I say they have? I was responding to the idea that we should legalize all drugs, which includes far more than just pot.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Man... If there is any drug that is in desperate need of federal regulation it is ecstasy. Street E is like a guessing game on what you are getting. It MAY have MDMA (the compound that makes you roll) in it, but most likely it is mostly just meth or something else that only makes you feel like you are rolling but are actually doing far worse to your body. I have a friend who ruined his liver from taking bad E pills.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hence why legalization alone isn't the solution. Without adequate regulations and quality standards, the makers of those pills could just get the proper business licenses and slap a label on those same tainted pills. Then it would be legal.

That's kind of how the barely regulated fitness supplements industry is. Many proteins mixes don't contain nearly the amounts of protein listed on their labels. Some of the more exotic supplements don't even contain the listed "active ingredients". And some products that are actually effective end up being laced with steroids or prescription drugs. Here's a little something about an anti-insomniac dietary supplement:

The pills promised insomniacs a great night's sleep with an all-natural blend of ingredients such as figwort root and licorice.

Then, earlier this summer, these particular pills — out of an estimated 85,000 supplement products on the market — happened to get tested in a lab by regulators from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The agency is budgeted to run just 1,000 tests a year in its limited oversight of the $30 billion industry.

The tests showed Tranquility was spiked with two powerful prescription drugs: an anti-psychotic medication best known as Thorazine, and the anti-depressant and sleep medication called doxepin.

Far from an isolated case, a USA TODAY investigation finds that a wide array of dietary supplement companies caught with drug-spiked products are run by people with criminal backgrounds and regulatory run-ins. Consumers buying products from these firms are in some cases entrusting their health and safety to people with rap sheets for crimes involving barbiturates, crack coc aine, Ecstacy and other narcotics, as well as arrests for selling or possessing steroids and human growth hormone. Other supplement company executives have records of fraud, theft, assault, weapons offenses, money laundering or other offenses, the investigation shows.

www.usatoday.com...

Incidences like these are why I said that I'd expect organized crime to get involved with the newly legalized drug trades. There's no way they'd just give up such large portions of their income.
edit on 9-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: typos and clarification. i should proofread but meh

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
I hope they legalise all drugs soon.

Can you wait until A.I. and Robots work reliably so society will continue to function while eaters lay around drugged out of their mind.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

One of the main reasons I support legalization is so we can get regulations to control the manufacture of these drugs. Just like alcohol needed standards from the bathtub gin makers lacing their crap with bad stuff.

Incidences like these are why I said that I'd expect organized crime to get involved with the newly legalized drug trades. There's no way they'd just give up such large portions of their income.

No surprise there. The Kennedy's made all their money in illegal alcohol manufacturing.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Man... If there is any drug that is in desperate need of federal regulation it is ecstasy. Street E is like a guessing game on what you are getting. It MAY have MDMA (the compound that makes you roll) in it, but most likely it is mostly just meth or something else that only makes you feel like you are rolling but are actually doing far worse to your body. I have a friend who ruined his liver from taking bad E pills.

It's easier to use RC's that mimic the effects, than go waste time and money making meth into a pill, and sell it cheaper than the drug costs in the first place.

No one is buying meth and selling it as E.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
I hope they legalise all drugs soon.

Can you wait until A.I. and Robots work reliably so society will continue to function while eaters lay around drugged out of their mind.

Would you be happy to sit back 24/7 wasted out of your gourd once drugs are legal? That lifestyle just screams Amazeballs, hey. I mean, given the chance, everyone who has never used drugs would be out there with rolled up 20 bills up their noses, syringes dangling out of their arms, crack pipes in lunch boxes, and it's be bliss.

No?

Oh so your scenario where the 'eaters' lay around drugged out of their mind, is hyperbole...

Alcohol is legal. Every worker in the history of it being legal, has got a boot full of beer, bourbon, vodka, etc, and they're all hanging around the car park at lunch time, skolling down their fix.

Oh wait, that's MY hyperbole..

Yep.. make drugs legal, and every one will be running to get high, people are just so silly. We should even have laws to tell them how to open doors.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

One of the main reasons I support legalization is so we can get regulations to control the manufacture of these drugs. Just like alcohol needed standards from the bathtub gin makers lacing their crap with bad stuff.

The sick part is, before prohibition of alcohol was lifted, it was the federal government that actively put poisons in alcohol, so the nasty drinkers would die. Hundreds died.

Hello synthetic marijuana.

No surprise there. The Kennedy's made all their money in illegal alcohol manufacturing.

Currently, the largest profiteers around are selling medicine, tobacco and alcohol. They aren't interested in our well being, only the almighty dollar. BUT they are regulated, at least, to some extent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join