It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Im the only one that matters US forgn affairs a broken diplomatic svc. US in retreat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So I've just read some interesting Quotes for an article from BBC news Apparently The US has lost its global edge and with it, its ability to influence and shape global affairs. This is a deliberate weakening of the USA Its citizens voice on a global scale.

www.bbc.com...

This is a serious issue! Is this type of retreat in our Countries best interest? After seeing the president's first year in office do you believe he's trust worthy to fix this defined obvious MAJOR PROBLEM with how our Country is being RUN??

Sorry, We are better than this.

edit on 9-11-2017 by TheJesuit because:

edit on 9-11-2017 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2017 by TheJesuit because: fitting

edit on 9-11-2017 by TheJesuit because: fit

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

I am no fan of your president, but the best thing that could happen to the planet, is for the US and indeed my own nation, to cease to have much say over anything that happens outside their own borders. Decades of both our nations abuses of other regions by inserting proxy armies, espionage concerns, and controlling reserves of resources in nations they have no business operating in, have decimated our collective reputations world wide, as well as resulting in the death and displacement of millions of people, examples of which can currently be seen all over the Middle East and North Africa.

Perhaps if Mr Trump, and our current PM Mrs May, could see their way to administrating only the affairs of the nations they live in, rather than trying to dictate to nations half a world away, about what they may and may not do, all under a guise of freedom and democracy, then the world and indeed the US and UK for that matter, may just end up better places... assuming the internal policy choices they make are better than a) what they have demonstrated so far, and b) the foreign policy choices they have made in recent times.

Personally speaking, I doubt very much that either leader has the gumption, or indeed the compassion necessary to make a good fist of internal policy, because both creatures have been steeped in the suffering of the innocent, have made money from the work of others, and neither one has the moral fortitude one would expect from a slasher horror villain. I do not believe that anyone who believes in trickle down economics or any of the other famous facets of capitalism as an economic model, has the tools of mind necessary to make internal policy work for the benefit of the people, rather than corporate interests.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I wonder if there are others with similar opinion? id say now that they'd be hard pressed to change the established structure in place. Then there's saying~ keep your friends close and your enemies closer~. There is a global shift of power that we're seeing and when its finished i don't think you'll recognize the place.

the a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

The opinion of another country which promotes the UN aka new world order,is at best a less thought opinion,did you think they would be in agreement? who cares what the UK says,they are a scewed up country,hardly anyone to give any example

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

It is akin to a kid in the schoolyard stating that he is the boss of everyone ...

Others are wary .

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Several points need to be made about this article.
Firstly, the BBC as an institution is the home of political correctness, so there will be an anti-Trump bias in its willingness to highlight this story.

Secondly, if you look at their definition of "decline of influence", it comes down to the fact that the U.S. has been losing experienced career diplomats. This is a complaint that is coming from the career diplomats themselves, including their "labour union". So the sources of the story are naturally biased towards believing that this development is a bad thing.
But in this age of direct contact, one has to ask how much global influence really depends on residential diplomats. They must still be important for sending back information on the state of the host country, but their work in influencing the policy of the host country must be less vital than it used to be.
In other words, "American influence is declining" does not necessarily follow from "many diplomats have resigned or retired".

edit on 9-11-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This was a quote from a former US ambassador pointing at congress and the senate & Current foreign policy

BUT what i really want to see is any audio or video with his response the question posed " I'm the only one that matters" is not presidential and speaks volumes of his attitude towards the people he serves not himself but WE the people.

Of course being under siege all the time it's tough to get sh- things done.

a reply to: Oldtimer2

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
There is a major problem in how few important political appointments Trump has bothered making. I mean sure, he's given his old Cabana boy from Mar El Lago a government job. But... there's a lot of important Ambassadorial positions sitting empty.

Like... South Korea. You'd think it would be useful to have a diplomatic team in South Korea at the moment. But no, Trump thinks his opinion and word is the only word that matter, and doesn't need no diplomats.

Which. You know. Cough. Dictator. Cough.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here's a more detailed story out of the NYT:

www.nytimes.com...

I still want audio or video!!!

a reply to: Painterz

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Here it is TRUMP: "I'M THE ONLY ONE THAT MATTERS"

www.npr.org...

www.cnn.com...
edit on 9-11-2017 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yes, the US has lost its global edge. It started with the Chinese pegging the Yuan 6 to 1 against the dollar causing the closing of practically every factory in the country. It's not like the CEOs passed the savings on to the consumers. By blocking all legislation addressing Chinese currency manipulation and other forms protectionism, the cabal of billionaires is richer than ever. Wealth inequality is at ALL time highs! Favorable tax policies and legislation creating cartels an monopolies have allowed the billionaires to destroy the power of the middle class in this country.

Marx said laissez faire capitalism is always followed by communism because unfettered greed would result in a government's currency collapse. Once the government's currency collapses, people in bread lines will demand MORE GOVERNMENT, not less. See you in the bread lines comrade!!

But do not worry my comrades. As soon as the Chinese Yuan is allowed to freely float against the dollar ALL our CEO jobs will be outsourced. Then the sons and daughters of privilege will have to grovel at the feet of the communist Chinese. The Chinese have an N word for white people, "gwai lo". It's a pejorative term meaning white ghost.

top topics

join