It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Academy discovers racial slurs were hoax

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Full title of article: Air Force Academy discovers racial slurs were hoax, months after superintendent lauded for tough speech

A racist message posted outside an Air Force Academy dorm in September was written by one of the alleged victims, the school confirmed Tuesday, casting blaring initial coverage of the incident -- which lauded the school superintendent's forceful reaction in an apparent bid to ding President Trump -- in a new light.

In a written statement Tuesday, the academy said: "We can confirm that one of the cadet candidates who was allegedly targeted by racist remarks written outside of their dorm room was actually responsible for the act. The individual admitted responsibility and this was validated by the investigation."

Seems like another case of faux racist outrage. The black cadet was identified and is no longer in attendance.

Typical ploy by the left it seems these days to falsify racial slurs against themselves in a bid to make a political statement.
Lies, lies, and more lies.

edit on 11/8/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Remember the boy who cried wolf?

This is terrible for the for real racial incidents that no doubt do happen.

This is what we get from Beer summits and the police acted stupidly.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I think that the cadet is probably a doolie who succumbed to the pressure. It's no organized Antifa plot to undermine Trump...

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria is the superintendent of the USAF Academy that gave the famous speech to the cadets:

Despite the hoax, Silveria said Tuesday he stood by his speech.

"Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed," he said in an email to The Colorado Springs Gazette. "You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don't understand those concepts, aren't welcome here."

General Silveria gave a good speech that took on the concept of racism head-on. He didn't pussy-foot around the issue like some politicians did.

-dex

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
I think that the cadet is probably a doolie who succumbed to the pressure. It's no organized Antifa plot to undermine Trump...

Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria is the superintendent of the USAF Academy that gave the famous speech to the cadets:

Despite the hoax, Silveria said Tuesday he stood by his speech.

"Regardless of the circumstances under which those words were written, they were written, and that deserved to be addressed," he said in an email to The Colorado Springs Gazette. "You can never over-emphasize the need for a culture of dignity and respect — and those who don't understand those concepts, aren't welcome here."

General Silveria gave a good speech that took on the concept of racism head-on. He didn't pussy-foot around the issue like some politicians did.

-dex

Whoever mentioned AntiFa (not me). And I agree, the generals speech was spot on, regardless of who did it. This is unacceptable for any reason and not welcome.....period. That is the speech of a general, not a politician for sure. It is straight, and leaves no room for loose interpretation.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Whoever mentioned AntiFa (not me).

My bad. I didn't mean to imply you had that mindset.

-dex

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

He sounds like someone who actually earned his stars by doing, rather than riding a sea-daddies (I don't know the AF term for it--which is odd since I'm an Air Force brat.) coat tails.

Of course, head of a military academy isn't somewhere you want to put a weakling.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
obviously that cadet didn`t belong in the academy and the congress person who recommended him to the academy is out of touch with his constituents.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
These liberals will go to any new low to try to prove their point,why I have grown to despise them,they never have anything positive to add,they lack in education which is evident in this case and many others,what a joke liberals are,no backbone nor self esteem

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This should be a crime. The waste of resources on the investigation and the damage to the Air Force's reputation can't be recouped. Probably half the people who saw the initial story will find out that it was a hoax. Not to mention the social impact of debasing victims of actual racism. This scum should do time.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
www.kansascity.com...

The N-word was written with yellow paint across the rear windshield of the car. Other racially offensive language — “White’s Only,” “Die,” and “Date your own kind,” was also painted on the windshield and side doors of the car.

This happens all over the usa these days.
Real oppression is not enough; they have to manufacture it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
www.kansascity.com...

The N-word was written with yellow paint across the rear windshield of the car. Other racially offensive language — “White’s Only,” “Die,” and “Date your own kind,” was also painted on the windshield and side doors of the car.

This happens all over the usa these days.
Real oppression is not enough; they have to manufacture it.

That's from non-stop identity politics. They can't get enough of being a victim, they're addicted to it. There's simply not enough actual bigotry left in the country for them, they have to do it themselves.

top topics

join