It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CMA disses Trump? Satan must be wearing a parka.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Great ,two more artists I wont waist a dime on ...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

LOL

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

because the Democrats raped the state blind, then shut down the economy by demonizing the coal industry...

That sounds about right...good thing Massey Energy was able to remind us of the fortunes to be made in coal.

and Brad may want to consider shacking up with Rich Rodriguez in Tucson for awhile...

I did hear Brad loves illegal immigrants, so it stands to reason he'd give it serious consideration... the only problem is Rich dumped dubya-V-U for Big Blue before he was sent south -- there's good reason to believe he's moving on to greener pastures (again) and Brad should consider renting in AZ.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Good, spend a few dimes on a bigly spell checker. .......it's waste, not waist.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I am not smart ...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: madmac5150

because the Democrats raped the state blind, then shut down the economy by demonizing the coal industry...

That sounds about right...good thing Massey Energy was able to remind us of the fortunes to be made in coal.

and Brad may want to consider shacking up with Rich Rodriguez in Tucson for awhile...

I did hear Brad loves illegal immigrants, so it stands to reason he'd give it serious consideration... the only problem is Rich dumped dubya-V-U for Big Blue before he was sent south -- there's good reason to believe he's moving on to greener pastures (again) and Brad should consider renting in AZ.

I lived in Tucson for nearly a decade... not by choice. Rich Rod can have it. Brad is welcome there, as well.

The Arizona job is like purgatory after West Virginia and Michigan... Arizona has always been a basketball school.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: aethertek
‘Maybe next time he’ll think before he tweets’: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood flout CMA ‘no politics’ rule

That’s when Paisley took out his guitar and began strumming the opening lines to Underwood’s famous “Before He Cheats” hit.
“Right now, he’s probably in his PJ’s, watchin’ cable news and reachin’ for his cell phone,” he sang.
“Right now, he’s probably askin’ Siri, ‘how in the hell do you spell Pochahontas?'”

“In the middle of the night from the privacy, of a gold-plated White House toilet seat, he writes ‘little Bob Corker, NFL and covfefe,'” Paisley sang, pausing to question just exactly how President Donald Trump’s infamous “covfefe” gaffe is pronounced.

“It’s fun to watch, yeah that’s for sure, til little Rocket Man starts a nuclear war, and then maybe next time he’ll think before he tweets,” the hosts sang.

Watch their Trump-inspired cover at this year’s CMA’s below.

www.rawstory.com...

So this was unexpected, did hell freeze over?

K~

They are less about the talent and quality of music and more about what sells to particular demographics.

This pretty much describes the entire modern music industry. Just look at how many songs are out there that are entirely created using DJ samples and a vocalizer.

The fact that some of these stars can still play an instrument and sing without lipsyncing is a miracle in itself.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
When does any singer claim the moral high ground.

We are so desperate to make everything political.

We should be finding out what's good about each other.

Maybe we should stop and celebrate all we have in common.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

There have been some noticeable exceptions. The Dixie Chicks come to mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is a political misrepresentation of the nature of what happened. I was watching the CMAs. Brad and Carrie made similar jabs first to the left before the swung right. It was done in fun and entertaining. Only someone who wanted to be offended would be. Naturally, when reported for political polarization purposes it was only focused on the tweet bit and in a way to misrepresent what actually happened.

Come on people, stop being so easily manipulated.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
He got dissed last year, didn't he?

How old is this?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Nice to see that some people follow their heart instead of the money.

Wouldn't you agree that it's best not to give up what you believe in to make yourself rich?
edit on 9-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

Yes , yes, dance! Dance for my amusement you makers of art and entertainment.Dance! Be the fools of my court and never speak a single word that might disrupt my delicate emotional state. Dance I say ! Dance!

The way the avarage american views their fellow citizens is disgusting sometimes.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That's why I like to watch the voice.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
it was all scripted, my god, fat old has been garth brooks was awarded entertainer of the year lol,really? in the last year I have been more entertainted by watching pain peel than I have been entertained by anything that fat old man has done, has he don`e anything in the last year? or did they just give him an award for being fat,old, over the hill, and needing money?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Unlike most of the late night show failures, it seemed done with taste and was actually kinda funny, wasn't just a tantrum hit job. I have no problem with it. I'm not even a country music fan, but I give them props for pulling it off with class and taste.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bladerunner44
a reply to: ausername
Yes,POLITICS. haven't we had enough from the Lame stream. How about they keep their mouths shut except for entertaining us. And, how stupid to dis their entire demographic. Just like the NFL (not for long) dragging us through more political crap when all we want from them is a little escapism. Not smart, Not smart at all. I remember when things were funny before political correctness, usually pretty harmless and taken as such. Now there is no such thing as humor everything seems to come with an agenda and a very sharp edge.

If you are disgusted with the entertainment industry as it now stands, change it. Start your own production company and tell your story the way you want it told. The biz craves new content, with a myriad of new media platforms to present it.
Thats what I did, That's what Alex Jones did, you can too....join us.

www.celtx.com...

or continue the crybaby whine on the www. That's a form of entertainment as well and a source of inspiration for many content providers.

edit on 9-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: bladerunner44

Yes , yes, dance! Dance for my amusement you makers of art and entertainment.Dance! Be the fools of my court and never speak a single word that might disrupt my delicate emotional state. Dance I say ! Dance!

The way the avarage american views their fellow citizens is disgusting sometimes.

And well paid for it at that. They have a job given to them by those of us who support their lavish life styles thorough or patronage, or don't you get that. It's the nature of the implied social contract; " you do what you do and if i like you will be handsomely rewarded" We don't watch them for social commentary, and I resent that they use a platform given to them by their supporters to lecture us on why we are wrong. They can believe what they want, and say off the stage. It's propaganda put forth to manipulate the dolts. Of which, based on your post you are most comfortable among. Yes dance, dance and shut the.........

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Meh

Political farce is only angering when it is done in a mean spirited manner. This doesn't seem to be mean spirited to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: bladerunner44
a reply to: ausername
Yes,POLITICS. haven't we had enough from the Lame stream. How about they keep their mouths shut except for entertaining us. And, how stupid to dis their entire demographic. Just like the NFL (not for long) dragging us through more political crap when all we want from them is a little escapism. Not smart, Not smart at all. I remember when things were funny before political correctness, usually pretty harmless and taken as such. Now there is no such thing as humor everything seems to come with an agenda and a very sharp edge.

If you are disgusted with the entertainment industry as it now stands, change it. Start your own production company and tell your story the way you want it told. The biz craves new content, with a myriad of new media platforms to present it.
Thats what I did, That's what Alex Jones did, you can too....join us.

www.celtx.com...

or continue the crybaby whine on the www. That's a form of entertainment as well and a source of inspiration for many content providers.

I am not whining or crying I was not expecting this on the CMA's. If i buy their records, attend their concerts or watch them again then shame on me. I, like many others, will vote with my wallet. Organizations like the NFL, cable TV, ESPN, etc are beginning to suffer from foisting social commentary on us and assuming they can hold us hostage while they do it, It is a losing strategy. What mystifies me is that they don't seem to grasp their demographic and what impugning them does to their brand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join