It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CMA disses Trump? Satan must be wearing a parka.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
‘Maybe next time he’ll think before he tweets’: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood flout CMA ‘no politics’ rule

That’s when Paisley took out his guitar and began strumming the opening lines to Underwood’s famous “Before He Cheats” hit.
“Right now, he’s probably in his PJ’s, watchin’ cable news and reachin’ for his cell phone,” he sang.
“Right now, he’s probably askin’ Siri, ‘how in the hell do you spell Pochahontas?'”

“In the middle of the night from the privacy, of a gold-plated White House toilet seat, he writes ‘little Bob Corker, NFL and covfefe,'” Paisley sang, pausing to question just exactly how President Donald Trump’s infamous “covfefe” gaffe is pronounced.

“It’s fun to watch, yeah that’s for sure, til little Rocket Man starts a nuclear war, and then maybe next time he’ll think before he tweets,” the hosts sang.

Watch their Trump-inspired cover at this year’s CMA’s below.

www.rawstory.com...

So this was unexpected, did hell freeze over?

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Man...haven't they been paying attention to Hollywood and the NFL?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Oh I'm sure they're just as concerned about a possible right-wing boycott.

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

First off freedom of speech. But this isn't allowed at the CMA? So dumb move.

But sounds like the dynamic dumb asses of Paisley and Underwood are looking to take at least 1/2 their audience and tick'em off?

Great way to self limit album sales.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Whoa, cowpoke ya'll seen the light too! Well, bless your hearts!!

Looks like Wrangler Kieth Urban and his sidekick are hanker'n to join the fandango with his new tune "Female"

edit on 8-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
‘Maybe next time he’ll think before he tweets’: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood flout CMA ‘no politics’ rule

That’s when Paisley took out his guitar and began strumming the opening lines to Underwood’s famous “Before He Cheats” hit.
“Right now, he’s probably in his PJ’s, watchin’ cable news and reachin’ for his cell phone,” he sang.
“Right now, he’s probably askin’ Siri, ‘how in the hell do you spell Pochahontas?'”

“In the middle of the night from the privacy, of a gold-plated White House toilet seat, he writes ‘little Bob Corker, NFL and covfefe,'” Paisley sang, pausing to question just exactly how President Donald Trump’s infamous “covfefe” gaffe is pronounced.

“It’s fun to watch, yeah that’s for sure, til little Rocket Man starts a nuclear war, and then maybe next time he’ll think before he tweets,” the hosts sang.

Watch their Trump-inspired cover at this year’s CMA’s below.

www.rawstory.com...

So this was unexpected, did hell freeze over?

K~

That's a bit odd.

Country music has pushed in a Right Wing direction for quite some time. They are sure to include military and the veterans as part of their sales pitch. They are less about the talent and quality of music and more about what sells to particular demographics.

Hmm...
edit on 8-11-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i think i might go out and buy a brad paisley and carrie underwood cd now!!! never have been a fan of country but i do admire their courage for expressing their opinion to a market that i thought was heavily pro - trump. i wonder how long til trump bashes them on twitter?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I used to like Brad (...I am not a country music fan); however, we are both from the northern panhandle of West Virginia... we grew up less than 15 miles apart... went to the same high school... die hard Mountaineer fans (West Virginia University)... I totally understand where he is from.

...I just don't get it. Money must really short out brain cells...

West Virginia is a red state, because the Democrats raped the state blind, then shut down the economy by demonizing the coal industry...

Mountaineers have LONG memories... and Brad may want to consider shacking up with Rich Rodriguez in Tucson for awhile...

edit on 8-11-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks made me do it

edit on 8-11-2017 by madmac5150 because: 1,000 "Whose Line Is It Anyway" points to the first first ATS member to get the Rich Rodriguez reference...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I thought it was clever and funny, comedic, levity!

Anyone offended, or taking it more seriously than above is way too emotionally invested and involved in "politics"

Remember when it was okay to be a republican and laugh at Bush jokes?
edit on 8-11-2017 by ausername because:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Man...haven't they been paying attention to Hollywood and the NFL?

Didn't hurt Willie, about as lefty, stoner as you can get and still popular as ever.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: aethertek

First off freedom of speech. But this isn't allowed at the CMA? So dumb move.

But sounds like the dynamic dumb asses of Paisley and Underwood are looking to take at least 1/2 their audience and tick'em off?

Great way to self limit album sales.

LMAO!

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's a bit odd.

Yup.

Interesting times to be sure, we'll have to see where this goes.

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
i am going to get a gigantic tub of butter and a mega XL super sized Brawndo and watch the fallout from this, it is going to be epic.

i bet trump wishes he could pull a putin and have them arrested like the pussy riot band members!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
I thought it was clever and funny, comedic, levity!

Anyone offended, or taking it more seriously than above is way to emotionally invested and involved in "politics"

Remember when it was okay to be a republican and laugh at Bush jokes?

Have you not heard? The Bushes have been disavowed because they dared speak ill of the Trump.
#Cult45 will not be happy.
K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Whoa, cowpoke ya'll seen the light too! Well, bless your hearts!!

Looks like Wrangler Kieth Urban and his sidekick are hanker'n to join the fandango with his new tune "Female"

Saw a blurb about that, is it more than PR, what's that guys history?
I don't know a damn thing about country music.
K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Give it time you know it's coming that thin skinned orange baboon wont let any slight pass.

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

That's a bit odd.

Yup.

Interesting times to be sure, we'll have to see where this goes.

K~

Indeed.

The Right Wing is an important part of the country music business model.

Very interesting.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Maybe the "Republican Civil War" according to #Cult45 henchman Bannon is spilling over into unexpected theaters of engagement.

Steve Bannon to Sean Hannity: ‘We Started a Civil War…Against the Republican Establishment’
www.mediaite.com...

K~
edit on 8-11-2017 by aethertek because: link

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Quick, nobody joke about the president!

This site is such $#!t lately.

If we can't laugh at the president about stupid crap then we're screwed.

Oh wait, i forgot the majority of this "conspiracy site " now buys into the b.s. govt crap. . .

Newsflash, nobody in office gives two f!:cks about you.

These people aren't your neighbors, these people aren't your friends. You think they've ever struggled to pay rent?

Get real, ATS.

edit on 8-11-2017 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
Yes,POLITICS. haven't we had enough from the Lame stream. How about they keep their mouths shut except for entertaining us. And, how stupid to dis their entire demographic. Just like the NFL (not for long) dragging us through more political crap when all we want from them is a little escapism. Not smart, Not smart at all. I remember when things were funny before political correctness, usually pretty harmless and taken as such. Now there is no such thing as humor everything seems to come with an agenda and a very sharp edge.

edit on 8-11-2017 by bladerunner44 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join