It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug in the flag system?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I was reading a thread a moment ago, and noticed something buggy going on with the flag system. The OP's thread has 15 flags, but it doesn't reflect that in his mini profile, nor does his mini profile reflect the flags the user has received for his or her other threads.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Must be indicating a "false flag".

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Dont pay any attention myself and other to the flags and stars. Sorry. Really, they dont mean much I.M.O.

M.S.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

There are a few of those. I addressed this earlier this year. Was told that the members themselves needed to contact the Administration if needed.

Btw..

You have no flags too. And I gave you one.

Here that thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-11-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Wasn't there a problem with some early members,that they were somehow disabled (accidentally) from receiving flags? I'm sure I saw a thread about this a few years back.
The member in your screenshot dates from 2006. You are modestly reticent about the fact that you yourself (member since 2003) must have the same grievance. For there are flags on your threads, but not on your mini-profile total.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yeah, I noticed he was an old member too. That definitely seems to be why we were singled out. I don't really care that much about flags, stars, and all that jazz. I just wanted to point out the bug.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Must be indicating a "false flag".

Lol! Quick as a cat!

ps.... I gave you a flag too OP. Just cuz.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I just looked at your thread list and you have lots of flags. I didn't count them, but many, and none of them show up on your profile.

Somebody help Jaymp!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
a reply to: DISRAELI

I just wanted to point out the bug.

Just right too! Otherwise, the madness of many of the older members stats was due to something SO did back a few years ago, perhaps to do with renovating the site at the time.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I figured the thread was going to be about multiple flaggs per stroke

I hold the record......14 flaggs one stroke, I could do two easily and three or four when it timed right.....don't do it these days.....it was my dell laptop messin up

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
I was reading a thread a moment ago, and noticed something buggy going on with the flag system. The OP's thread has 15 flags, but it doesn't reflect that in his mini profile, nor does his mini profile reflect the flags the user has received for his or her other threads.

99% of the people here do not even know how to use the Flag system. People here only flag topics they like, when they should be flaging topics that are worthy of discussion regardless if they agree with the OP or not.

The flag to comment ratio is absurd.

edit on 9-11-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Or flag topics they wish to return to ? That's what it's for ? Thus "flagging topics they like"

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I just realized I have hardly any,never really noticed,I know I have a slew of stars,but all you get for them is a Laurel and Hardy handshake

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I just realized I have hardly any,never really noticed,I know I have a slew of stars,but all you get for them is a Laurel and Hardy handshake

top topics

join