It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have had about enough.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have been a member of ATS for a long time now. I have been on ATS a lot here lately and I recommend it to all of my friends.

With that being said, I cannot handle the pop up advertising at the bottom of my phone any longer. This is a huge mistake by TPTB.

I only have my mobile phone to browse and do not have the internet as I live in the country. I should not have to pin point precisionly hit the super tiny X that is impossible to hit just to have freedom from the pop ups. It is nerve racking and is causing my phone to take longer to upload the pages.

I believe that this is going to cause a viewer loss and I am currently contemplating not visiting for a while. It sucks because I love this site but I cannot stand the addition of the ads.

Thank you and this is my rant. I am a little agitated by this decision. I will stick around for a bit if anyone wished to discuss this topic. I hope it does not get closed because this is an honest rant.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am hating this new mobile popup with maniacal rage

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Firefox. Then get the ublock origin add-on. They threaten that some features will be unavailable but it hasn't affected the usability for me at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't care how much extra money ATS makes off this s##t. Get rid of it - it facking blows!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

These things are coded to so you 'accidentally' press it nearly all the time. Press above where the X is, a couple of mm, works every time.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There might be a separate pop up blocker on your phone. It's not an ad blocker, those will still come through, but not the pop ups.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yeah those are the worst. At least make the x a little bigger!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My tablet just cleared of the ads....wtf? No ad blocker, nada, maybe it's a droid thang....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm on my iPad and have Yet to see an ad.

Have you tried changing you view from mobile to desktop?
Perhaps you won't see any ads either.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Gotta pay the bills somehow. I mean you get the most straight forward news possible here. Fake news gets called out in a heartbeat around here. Or if your having a bad day you can come in and take it out on us. We all know how to take a beating.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Use DESKTOP VERSION on MOBILE, not the app or MOBILE. It works better...many of us have no issues and have been using it on phone for years (me-about 4 years-DESKTOP VERSION on MOBILE)

This is from my phone and no ad popups...good luck

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

PS Block POPUPS and turn off AUTOPLAY

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dashen

USE the DESKTOP VERSION on mobile!!! Tablets, laptop etc!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Okay cool, so that is the reason why I have never seen an ad here.
As posted above, I'm on my iPad 99% of the time I'm on here and have it in desktop mode.
And have never seen an ad here

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
There might be a separate pop up blocker on your phone. It's not an ad blocker, those will still come through, but not the pop ups.

I have the pop up blocker on. I double checked. I guess I'm going to go back to the desktop version. My phone died a while ago. I think it was a good thing. I was getting pretty upset over the whole deal.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Use DESKTOP VERSION on MOBILE, not the app or MOBILE. It works better...many of us have no issues and have been using it on phone for years (me-about 4 years-DESKTOP VERSION on MOBILE)

This is from my phone and no ad popups...good luck

I am going back to desktop version. I changed a few years ago for faster load times and to save on data. But something has to give.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMadTitan

These things are coded to so you 'accidentally' press it nearly all the time. Press above where the X is, a couple of mm, works every time.

I push the ads almost every single time..lol

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Okay cool, so that is the reason why I have never seen an ad here.
As posted above, I'm on my iPad 99% of the time I'm on here and have it in desktop mode.
And have never seen an ad here

Yay! How do ya think I learned that?! Some years back a mod told me its not necessary to use MOBILE on MOBILE...just to choose DESKTOP VERSION.

Larger spread, no ads or popups, autoplaying videos..more page info...though you may have to zoom a bit in and out. Good Luck! Peace!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
How would one switch to desktop mode ?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
......aaannd its gone.
Thank you!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join