It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - Stop Embarrassing Yourselves

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I wonder why.

Because it isn't true

54% of Republicans own guns, but those figures are from 2012.

That number is likely higher(though not significantly so) because NICS data suggests that there are at least 30 million new gun owners. While it stands to reason that not all of them are republicans, it does stand up to facts and data that the vast majority of them will be.
edit on 9 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I'm at work and can't view the video with sound, but judging from the cc it appears its the blind asking for directions from the dumb.

Just kinda falls into my post about the 2 I made. I will still argue that when you exclude bobble headed politicians and newsman from the equation, you'll probably find a closer demographic between the two parties. I'll admit that there will still be a lead among conservatives, but I think you're not giving the liberals enough credit.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You didn't ?

Why are conservatives more fearful of immigrants than our own citizens?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Now it's the Republicans.
SMDH.

link   
a reply to: Eshel

I will still argue that when you exclude bobble headed politicians and newsman from the equation, you'll probably find a closer demographic between the two parties.

On this point I sincerely hope you're right.

But the legislative and policy advocacy trend from the liberal side doesn't reflect that knowledge.

What is the disconnect here? I say it is misinformation and propaganda.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

You didn't ?

Why are conservatives more fearful of immigrants than our own citizens?

Yes I was repeating what fleabit said. Pay attention.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

SMDH.

What?

I gave you what you asked for.

Good lord.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 9-11-2017 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

SMDH.

What?

I gave you what you asked for.

Good lord.

We are talking about conservatives. Not parties.
Good lord.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'll have to get data on non party affiliated conservatives then.

That's a little harder, but I will do my best to oblige.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

We already have Pew Research.
Use that one since you and the other poster swore by it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

But the legislative and policy advocacy trend from the liberal side doesn't reflect that knowledge. What is the disconnect here? I say it is misinformation and propaganda.

But those two trends are again, from politicians who just want to look like the smartest dummy in the room. It's true for both sides. They play to the extreme and hope they catch some emotions on the way down. And they hope they get enough people riled up (mass hysteria maybe?) to vote for them in the next election. I'd say the disconnect is ego. Everyone wants to be right. That's just not going to solve the problem.

If you filter out the blowhards, there's some sensible ideas from both sides. But again, it's the competition to have your name on the next "breaking news" cycle that drives them. They don't run to represent. They run so they get the chance to run again next time around.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

We already have Pew Research.
Use that one since you and the other poster swore by it.

I'm not sure they have the data I need. Pew is a research and statistics company. Nothing controversial about them, so I don't understand the tone here.

I may have to get data from Gallup or Rasmussen or another statistical data organization.

I'm not sure if the data is parsed down to exactly those metrics you asked for, and that data may not currently exist.
edit on 9 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Because I am trying to get you to see the light. Trying to get you to see the falsehood of the OP. That it is nothing but a liberal bashing. Not different from any other conservative bashing threads.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What if I do find the data you are asking for and it proves you wrong?

I bash liberals when they deserve it. In this instance, I believe they do.

I bash conservatives on their Norman Rockwell BS version of America that never existed too, when they deserve it.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Sure. If you can find a legitimate source.
BTW you said that vast majority of liberals are clueless about guns or have never been exposed to them.
That would be very difficult to prove. I mean how often have we all grew up being exposed to guns or handled them? How often have families shown them weapons and taught them how to handle and the safety?
I'd be willing to bet that almost all of us have been exposed to them or handled them at a point in our lives.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Touched a nerve, huh?

Man up and admit you overreacted and misrepresented something so you could have something to rant about.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I'd be willing to bet that almost all of us have been exposed to them or handled them at a point in our lives.

Taking a range trip or two or seeing a gun in a cabinet as a child isn't the same thing as having constructive knowledge of them and being able to formulate coherent policy surrounding firearms that don't destroy the spirit of the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Taking a range trip or two or seeing a gun in a cabinet as a child isn't the same thing as having constructive knowledge of them and being able to formulate coherent policy surrounding firearms that don't destroy the spirit of the 2nd Amendment.

Thank you again Captain Obvious.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
LOL Me and the OP don't always see eye to eye but...I'm spitting out my carrot juice all over my keyboard with laughter. Someone's been playing too much Gears of War? That was an embarrassment. LOL

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join