It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - Stop Embarrassing Yourselves

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I didn't say that. Look it up. It's a quote from Reagan.

Now who doesn't have a "#ing clue" ?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It is important to the context of the USA Today piece and your entire OP stems off of one thing: chainsaw bayonet.

Break up the info for a second in the OP.

What was it that I said in regard to the depiction of the chainsaw?

What do you think this is the Evil Dead? Is Ash Williams your damned gun expert?

What's scary is that this isn't even close to the most embarrassing thing that a member of the liberal media has done in the name of promoting their anti-gun agenda.

Is it too much to ask that you don't embarrass yourselves? Trying to do you idiots a favor here.

What was I concerned with here? The chainsaw or the embarrassing display of propaganda in the context of a recent shooting that USA Today created, not me.

Once again, this was their context:

A look at the gun used in the Texas church shooting.

Satisfying me should not be your concern when it comes to being factually correct and honest.

And yet in post after post those are the conditions you set for me. I have to satisfy you. You Demand to know why I didn't focus on the part. On the very first page you post a video to the chainsaw from youtube acting like no one who is a gun enthusiast has ever seen the silly things people put out.

I've made my case. I know what my OP is about despite your repeated attempts to color it as something else.

Not sure what that even means. I'm not up to date on the teenie internet lingo. I like to use complete words.

Use your imagination some more.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It is no secret that the vast majority of liberals don't know a thing about guns.

Here's where it falls apart. Notice the bold part ?
Are you seriously implying that the vast majority doesn't know a single thing about a gun?
Choose your words more wisely in the future.

It seems to me, your entire thread is based on "I know more than you". And you then go on a rant to self-justify your belief and are now painted into a corner because you can't just admit you may have mis-worded something.

Another way to lower your blood pressure would be to just stop replying and making yourself look like an ass. And as far as the "liberal gang" that you say is beating up on you .... get over yourself. When you are on threads that swing the opposite way, I don't see one person (not one) that says they are being ganged up by conservatives.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Obviously we need chainsaw control.

Duh.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I've made my case. I know what my OP is about despite your repeated attempts to color it as something else.

Maybe you should write OP's that explain to other people what they are about. You shouldn't be just writing things to yourself on here. You are expected to lay out a thoughtful, concise and clear point. And if it's challenged, you are expected to defend your point intelligently. If you don't like what someone has said, be an adult and ignore it.

And I will also point out, that because your OP was more a a general characterization of a group of people than about the guns themselves, you put yourself in a position of being targeted. Anytime any group of people are just lumped together by your beliefs, it's a recipe for disaster. But then again, I guess the vast majority of conservatives don't know a thing about bigotry or how it works.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I am pretty sure that JFK was NOT shot with a 5.56mm round. The rifle used to assassinate him was a Carcano, or Mannlicher-Carcano rifle, chambered in 6.5mm.

The round thru his neck, the seat, Connaly and found on a stretcher intact was 6.5, the one that exploded Kennedy's head was 5.56.

See the film JFK: The Smoking Gun, then get back to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Dafug is a chainsaw bayonet?

Something for people that have watched too many zombie movies.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: JinMI

Apparently you and the Alien didn't see his FSME.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He knew about firearm truck nuts, but did not know about a real, functional chainsaw attachment?

Ok.

Anyone that takes weapons seriously, and respect wouldn't even dream of adding that.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
And people was a effing chainsaw even used during ANY 'mass' shooting in the last 8 years OR EVER ?

USA today PROPAGANDA.

FEAR MONGERING.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All of his arguments stem from the fact that it wasn't the part by itself that I found important.

Also I didn't address the part to his satisfaction.

So because of this I don't know what I'm talking about and I'm a liar.

See the leaps of logic? That's this whole thread.
edit on 9 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
IF i were to ever add anything.

It's be a 40mm launcher so I could fire flares/smoke, and the infamous hornets nest.

Something that actually has a use, and keeps stand off range.

Or the under barrel shotgun.
edit on 9-11-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

And if it's challenged, you are expected to defend your point intelligently. If you don't like what someone has said, be an adult and ignore it.

Look man I'll be totally honest here and most ATS members who've been here a while know this:

This is the mud pit. You put topics in here you wanna fight about. ATS isn't real life. And while some of these dudes piss me off, that's the price I pay for putting it in the mud pit. I did ask for it and I am playing the game.

If I wanted to have the conversation above that you describe I would have done exactly that and put it in political madness. I don't hate anyone here and while there are harsh words exchanged in this thread I'd still smoke a bowl with all of you.

Let me let you in on what I'm about when it comes to liberals: Liberals and I will never see eye to eye on guns, that is the truth. That's about the only place politically where I don't give an inch. For me, everything else is on the table because I don't think conservatives have a monopoly on good ideas.

I voted for a property tax increase to help fund schools in Washoe County. Does a tax increase sound like a conservative thing to vote for?

I voted to legalize marijuana in Nevada while the only place to vote against it was the vastly conservative Carson City.

I know we are not all one thing. But it is disingenuous to say liberals are warm to guns, because that is demonstrably not true.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

voted for a property tax increase to help fund schools in Washoe County. Does a tax increase sound like a conservative thing to vote for?

I wouldn't have.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

voted for a property tax increase to help fund schools in Washoe County. Does a tax increase sound like a conservative thing to vote for?

I wouldn't have.

Hah! Believe me I know.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Ok, I'll give you credit on being in the mud-pit. The point I was trying to make is that your OP could have been cleared to others if you have to make the claim "I know what it was about". But we'll just leave that alone and consider it hashed out now.

But your sweeping generalizations are just not true. Unless you have talked to every liberal about their use/views on guns, then you would have more accurate data. But just taking polls into account put's you in the same place as the polls that said H. Clinton was going to be elected. They are just not trustworthy. Old woman probably don't have much of a gun culture, but saying they "don't know a thing" about them is just untrue. Your verbalization may have been the salvo that fired the first shot. (pun intended lol)

But you are correct, you did get the treatment you expected in this thread and I'd be surprised if it stops.

(full disclosure: not an olive branch, and I'll come back at ya if you give me the opening lol)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What was I concerned with here?

Bashing liberals and the media.

The chainsaw or the embarrassing display of propaganda in the context of a recent shooting that USA Today created, not me.

Once again, this was their context:

There a bit more context to it than just what you presented. They showed many sorts of attachments you can get and said some are common, some rare.

While you think it's propaganda, it was still factually correct.

And yet in post after post those are the conditions you set for me. I have to satisfy you. You Demand to know why I didn't focus on the part

No. I wanted to know why you misrepresented what the USA piece said.

On the very first page you post a video to the chainsaw from youtube acting like no one who is a gun enthusiast has ever seen the silly things people put out.

How can you extrapolate that I was "acting like" anything?

All I did was post a link and video to show that the attachment did in fact exist.

I know what it's about as well. It's about bashing liberals and the media with an arrogant, holier-than-thou attitude, and in the process you misrepresented the piece and made false statements.

Use your imagination some more.

I think I have a good idea of what you meant. So much for intelligent discourse, huh kiddo?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Eshel

Hey, if I thought I couldn't handle a little back and forth mudslinging I would never have posted in this forum. Generally I don't because I don't usually like the style of debate within this forum. But every so often I'm in the mood for a fight and that's why this forum exists. It's a good way to get some political frustrations out and I'm sure my liberal counterparts would agree considering the ass chewing I'm getting in here.

On the topic of liberals and guns.

It is generally true that liberals, liberal politicians, and media liberals are clueless on guns. There are acknowledged exceptions, but they just aren't the rule.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And people was a effing chainsaw even used during ANY 'mass' shooting in the last 8 years OR EVER ?

USA today PROPAGANDA.

FEAR MONGERING.

Do you really think that will stoke fear into the hearts of anyone? That people are truly worried that weapons used in attacks in the future will have attached chainsaws? Please.. not saying USA Today aren't idiots.. just saying if you or anyone thinks the majority of anyone will be concerned about it, you are wrong.

I am personally more worried that Trump is concerned a mean ol' terrorist might sneak in if he doesn't block immigrants, yet he doesn't think harsher vetting will do anything for the gun issue at hand. That's actually worrisome.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Do you really think that will stoke fear into the hearts of anyone?

Yep after all we do live in an idiocracy.

There is a growing segment of the us population that just loves voting their rights away.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Bashing liberals and the media.

And rightfully so. I bash conservatives on some of their stupid policies. Like Marijuana policy. Conservatives are just a dumb on pot policy as liberals are on guns.

No. I wanted to know why you misrepresented what the USA piece said.

That's not what you did. You posted a video and then proceeded to call me a liar based on a premise you made up.

All I did was post a link and video to show that the attachment did in fact exist.

Which, again, was never the focus of my point as you already acknowledged, it was about bashing liberals and the liberal media for their obvious silly and embarrassing propaganda. You continue to infer some nefarious motive to me outside of the scope of my meaning.

I think I have a good idea of what you meant. So much for intelligent discourse, huh kiddo?

You keep calling me a liar based on conditions you made up and you wanna talk about the level of discourse?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join