It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Media - Stop Embarrassing Yourselves

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It is no secret that the vast majority of liberals don't know a thing about guns. This is not to say that there aren't any that own them or are as knowledgeable as I am, just that the vast majority of liberals are never exposed to guns in anything other than movies and sensationalized news reports.

Because of this their opinions on guns and gun policy is usually woefully misinformed. They don't know about the laws in place, they don't know about the functionality or role of certain weapons. They just know what the media has fed them. This is a problem. Because we can't have an honest discussion on policy if one side remains completely in the dark on these issues.

It is easy enough to go to the ATF website and read their FAQ. Do the legwork yourself and figure it out. I know that isn't going to be a lot of people because, despite political affiliations, people generally don't verify information that agrees with their preconceived notions. That's not a liberal or conservative thing. That's a people thing.

But it is DEFINITELY a liberal thing to go out on national media and make utterly stupefying fools of yourselves on the topic of guns and gun control.

Here's an example:
Townhall.com

This story shows an image that USA Today used to depict the rifle used by the gunman in Sunderland, Texas.

It's an AR15 with a god damned chainsaw bayonet.

A chainsaw bayonet folks.

REALLY?

What do you think this is the Evil Dead? Is Ash Williams your damned gun expert?

What's scary is that this isn't even close to the most embarrassing thing that a member of the liberal media has done in the name of promoting their anti-gun agenda.

Is it too much to ask that you don't embarrass yourselves? Trying to do you idiots a favor here.
edit on 8 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
"Shop smart, shop S-mart"

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
4chan memes inbound

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I just need to know if "Assault Bullets" were fired.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
" What we know about the Ruger AR 556 "...............Not much, but we have a good imagination.
Dafug is a chainsaw bayonet?
edit on 8-11-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Dafug is a chainsaw bayonet?

ppfffttt.

normie....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If anyone won the internet this day - it's whoever came up with that!

LMAO!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I just need to know if "Assault Bullets" were fired.

Thanks in advance.

Yea, can't figure out why they don't seal the deal by bringing up "assault bullets"! I mean the fact the MSM, and the Democrats NEVER mention them tells me the whole thing is a dog and pony show!".

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn Ok I am going to stop you right there. You are basing this off of your own experience. I am a liberal and half the friends I have are. And both ends of the friends spectrum know just as much as the other about guns. I also know that more of my liberal friends have done many maor tours. Maybe you should be more diverse and get your gun facts straight. Should I keep going?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It is no secret that the vast majority of liberals don't know a thing about guns.

Firearms, or small arms, not just "Guns".

But I get the emotional appeal . The 'chainsaw bayonet' is an emotional appeal by the media, its got nothing to do with reason, on purpose.

Whenever has the MSM indoctrinated people with reason?

If they were reasonable they would focus on how an AR 15 put a stop to the madness this time, unlike all the other times. They would talk about how to defend ourselves in different situations with shoulder arms and side arms, instead.

They never do that.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I'm pretty damn sure he never had a chainsaw bayonet upgrade during his service.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
It is no secret that the vast majority of liberals don't know a thing about guns. This is not to say that there aren't any that own them or are as knowledgeable as I am, just that the vast majority of liberals are never exposed to guns in anything other than movies and sensationalized news reports.

Because of this their opinions on guns and gun policy is usually woefully misinformed. They don't know about the laws in place, they don't know about the functionality or role of certain weapons. They just know what the media has fed them. This is a problem. Because we can't have an honest discussion on policy if one side remains completely in the dark on these issues.

It is easy enough to go to the ATF website and read their FAQ. Do the legwork yourself and figure it out. I know that isn't going to be a lot of people because, despite political affiliations, people generally don't verify information that agrees with their preconceived notions. That's not a liberal or conservative thing. That's a people thing.

But it is DEFINITELY a liberal thing to go out on national media and make utterly stupefying fools of yourselves on the topic of guns and gun control.

Here's an example:
Townhall.com

This story shows an image that USA Today used to depict the rifle used by the gunman in Sunderland, Texas.

A chainsaw bayonet folks.

REALLY?

What do you think this is the Evil Dead? Is Ash Williams your damned gun expert?

What's scary is that this isn't even close to the most embarrassing thing that a member of the liberal media has done in the name of promoting their anti-gun agenda.

Is it too much to ask that you don't embarrass yourselves? Trying to do you idiots a favor here.

Well, I'm sure the millennial intern who put that together plays Gears of War and though the chainsaw bayonet does exist.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Should I keep going?

Not if you want to embarrass yourself too by not actually reading the OP.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: projectvxn Ok I am going to stop you right there. You are basing this off of your own experience. I am a liberal and half the friends I have are. And both ends of the friends spectrum know just as much as the other about guns. I also know that more of my liberal friends have done many maor tours. Maybe you should be more diverse and get your gun facts straight. Should I keep going?

This is not to say that there aren't any that own them or are as knowledgeable as I am, just that the vast majority of liberals are never exposed to g

This was in the first paragraph.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That would explain it, wouldn't it?

That's really rather pitiful, when one thinks about it. Think so little of your job that you can't be bothered to do it correctly...by intent. I mean, we all make goofs on the job from time to time, happens...but to not do your job because you're simply too lazy, or you've an agenda? No. Not cool.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh You are correct, having a boyonet is very outdated but maybe this crazy person was stupid enout to do that. I did find a few attachments for that but why get one unless you are very untrained and a cat. But to assume that only a liberal is the only to say such a thing is not cool. A real liberal does not watch CNN we do our own research and practice and have no time for that crap. Remember that all news is propaganda and represents neither party. That is my point. If I offended you I am sorry, that was not my intent. I got a little heated, my bad. But please don't lump us with the crap CNN puts out.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
*Still laughing at chainsaw bayonette'

Anyway - I've had grown men (liberals of course) dance around and clutch themselves in fear after asking if they wanted to shoot my guns. (I shot a LOT at my farm and had quite the little arsenal).

After a lot of excuses? It came down to this.

'Look dude, I'm a 30 year old chick that weighs 120 lbs and I teach gun control. So let's have some fun.'

Body/sex shaming always did it.

They'd do great with the .22 single shot - as long as they got earplugs (lol).

Slowly we'd worked up through my collection...

Ok, he's relaxed with these now. He's feeling manly and all...

Now it's time to have some fun.

I'd pull out my Ruger 223 with folding stock and military anti-shock suppressor.

That's all folks! The pee-pee grabbing would commence and that was it they were done and thus endeth the gun training lesson.

It isn't even a semi-auto, just looked 'scary' - lol.

edit on 2109Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: thhbbbttt

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You can buy a chainsaw bayonet.

Never heard of the Zombie X bayonet?

www.panaceax.com...

Not very practical, but I suppose some would find it cool to have in their case.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Why has your point not been made?
Then PUT it out on CNN they seem to be MISSING skills,there.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join