It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The F#*&^$@ Government.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Hehe.

I read that writeup yesterday too, and laughed my arse off. Nice to see the 'suits' have finally figured out what the rest of us peasants have known all along. Pfft.

I've dealt directly with Revenue Canada for 30 years in my profession and I've been giving people this advice based on my own experiences and how I've learned a work-around to the problem:

"If you end up with an idiot on the phone over at Revenue Canada, hang up and call back right away. There's literally thousands of people answering calls, you'll never end up with the same person twice. Keep calling back until you end up with someone who has more than two brain cells and can actually answer your questions."

The same goes for not being able to get through to a human being, just hang up and call back two seconds later.

It can take all day to finally get someone who knows what the hell they're doing, but hanging up and calling back works like a charm every time.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was recently automatically switched from Medicaid to Medicare, but qualified for low income assistance. Which.. wait for it.. means Medicaid pays for my Medicare.

ETA: For those unfamiliar, Medicaid is relatively excellent coverage, while Medicare is.. not. A single medication of mine, which is required to stall the deterioration of my bones, wasn't covered and costs $2,200/mo.

Not so complicated, I guess, but despite "automatically qualifying," it was up to me to get it active.

Thus began ten days of terror, where I ended up spending literally over 35 hours on the phone.

Even when all was said and done, I had to wait several weeks before coverage became usable. Which meant putting all my medications on hold. That was.. rough.
edit on 22-11-2017 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Thus began ten days of terror, where I ended up spending literally over 35 hours on the phone.

You should send them a bill for 35 times what your hourly wage is.

Even when all was said and done, I had to wait several weeks before coverage became usable. Which meant putting all my medications on hold. That was.. rough.

That's just wrong.

<< 1   >>

join