It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN may be sold

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Good bye.....

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

DIBS on THE PENTAGON!
I require SPECIAL censoring for MY handicaps...
edit on 8-11-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Perhaps GLP would be more apropos? The reporting could stay the same quality but reach a wider gullible audience.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Maybe an extension of "The View"...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: ketsuko

DIBS on THE PENTAGON!
I require SPECIAL censoring for MY handicaps...

Tourettes isn't an ADA recognized disability.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Perhaps GLP would be more apropos? The reporting could stay the same quality but reach a wider gullible audience.

Would be the world's first openly racist news network.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Actually, if we're spitballing "good fits," Tumblr should buy CNN.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

CNN & MSNBC already are.

Unless you believe only whites can be racist / anti-white racism isnt racist.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
Haven't GOT it ,MINE are creede based ,WAY more fun legally.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I envisions ATS CNN looking a bit like this.

Maybe we'd get that missing Malaysian jetliner out of the black hole though.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The Justice Department is getting involved in news coverage? How is that okay? What would you say if Obama did something similar with Fox News?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
The Justice Department is getting involved in news coverage? How is that okay? What would you say if Obama did something similar with Fox News?

They're getting involved in preventing monopoly. That's their job.

Same thing prevented a merger between husband's place of work and another company unless his company divested certain parts of their assets because the merger would have given them too much of a certain market.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Great News ! Hope they Turn it into a Parking Lot . People Always Need a Place to Park , and they are Pretty Much better Off with One Less Lying News Network to Deal with .

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Uh, the Justice Department is the proper federal agency to block antitrust violations in this case. We're having some fun focusing on CNN, but the DOJ's actual concern is officially the entire Turner Broadcasting networks, within which CNN is included. It's a concern because AT&T is a cable provider. If AT&T own Turner networks, then they could (and likely would) end up trying to charge competitors like Comcast and COX more to carry Turner networks, driving customers away from the competition and towards AT&T who could feasibly have much lower rates as they'd control their network costs entirely. Look at the mess that happened a couple of years ago when AMC stopped broadcasting on DISH Network after signing a honey deal with DirecTV (owned by AT&T). If you look at the overall picture, instead of focusing on a single news channel, the DOJ decision makes a lot of legal sense and is definitely within the scope of standard care consumer protection.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Haha...CNN is already blaming Trump for this.

CNN Headline

Move stirs speculation the Trump admin is trying to retaliate against CNN for their coverage

Well, it does seem out of the norm for Trump's FCC Chairman. Achit Pie appears to really be enamored with the Laissez-faire approach to Capitalism. He's never met a monopoly he didn't like.

-dex

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Nope, it's a standard procedure as explained.

It is done to prevent monopolies which it now appears you guys are totally down with if it would potentially mess with one of your sacred cows to not allow the monopoly?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Why does that revelation surprise absolutely nobody?

That sentiment works two ways, eh?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Bet this wouldn't have happened with Hillary's DOJ.
No wonder CNN became the Clinton News Network...it's almost as if Hillary and CNN had a deal.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

AT&T has "no intention" of selling CNN despite the Justice Department's demand the company sell it in order to approve the Time Warner acquisition, according to CEO and chairman Randall Stephenson.

"Until now, we've never commented on our discussions with the DOJ," Stephenson said in a statement. "But given DOJ's statement this afternoon, it's important to set the record straight. Throughout this process, I have never offered to sell CNN and have no intention of doing so."

www.cnbc.com...

Let's be like NK and watch videos of dear leader tiptoeing through tulips all day and speaking his truths like "yes, in case you didn't know, I wrote that song, 'Tiptoe through the Tulips" and Hillary Clinton stole it from me and sold it!
I should lock her up for that".

I'm sure no body will click on the link cause it wasn't written by someone with a cool name like "tyler durder" and lacks an abundance of F-bombs.

: @@ :

edit on 11/8/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Then AT&T doesn't sell CNN and they either find some assets of Time-Warner's to divest that will satisfy the DOJ or the merger doesn't go through.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join