It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NAACP calls US national anthem racist, demands its removal

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That is a great song lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Not the NAACP..

1/300th of the NAACP...

Maybe the entire (or majority) NAACP back it.. but that hasn’t happened yet.
edit on 8-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Im trying hard not to be paranoid but im thinking this is an attack on america its self. The attack is an attack on what binds us our morals are beliefs the very ties that bind Americans together is being attacked. Our history all the founders were slave owning racists. There statues are under attack the flag is under attack the anthem needs to be destroyed. Our pride in our military needs to be destroyed because they are nothing but a tool to promote colonialism. Our government and respect for it to the point where politicians are being shot and even attacked at their homes. Our rights sre under attack as well 1st and second amendment. Whites are constantly told they cant speak they have no reference or wouldnt understand. They are told they are just outdated and uneducated relics and needs to be quiet and step down because they are privileged. Religion has become evil and openly mocked as long as they are christians the beliefs which founded the country. Having fought for people to have the right to destroy the moral fabric of western socity i am ashamed of my actions. My friends didnot die to give you the rights to attack our country. They didnt die to give hou the right to attack the country they fought and died for. They didnt die for you to disrespect our anthem or take a knee with the flag.

Why well i think spain has the answer spain is on the verge of a civil war more protests today. Sorry im disgusted with my fellow citizens ill shut up

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The only thing that has even remotely wide support is on the left is removing confederate monuments from GOVERNMENT PROPERTY.....

Everything else has just been y’all mentally masterbating..

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The only thing that has even remotely wide support is on the left is removing confederate monuments from GOVERNMENT PROPERTY.....

Everything else has just been y’all mentally masterbating..

Wake up im a democrat but i have pride in my country and i think Americans have always strived as a nation to better themselves. As a country mistakes eere msde but unlike other countries we fix it. People like you are just being used. Convince one group this is evil. This groupover there that this is evil. That way you csn say stupid things like only one thing is true. To another groupthey could say the anthempart or attacks on the flag. Its called devide and conquer and many are usefull idiots.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: Krakatoa

What is the original meaning of cracker, I always thought it was from the crack of the whip on the backs of slaves.

It was the term used for the white slave foreman that cracked the whip on the slaves, he was the "Cracker". So, calling a white man a cracker now, is calling them someone that would enjoy whipping a black man. Frankly, I take extreme offense at being compared to a man that could be callous enough to do that, regardless of the acceptance of slavery as an institution. Whipping ANYONE is simply unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only it will be a hip-hop style remix with gangsta rap influence of course.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

That’s 100% fair.. what context in society is it used??

White people dont care lol..

It’s a non-issue..

I think your super foolish if you allow the use of a word to control your actions, but at least there is historical relevance with black people..

Though people might not agree with the reaction, atleast you know the context of said reaction..

Whites are making the argument from a purely hypothetical/principle of it all, angle..

That’s stupid...

White peopke pretend to be offended just to make a sociopolitical point, but it just comes off as childish because EVERYONE knows no white person cares..

It’s as childish as can be..

“People shouldn’t get offended by words!!!

Oh my god he called me a cracker?!?!?”

Lol..

It is literally contradicting themselves in the same sentence.

So now you know what every single person with white skin feels? Sure sounds like a racist thought process to me. There is a historical context that I outlined in my previous post.

I suggest you learn about all of history, not just that which serves your racist narrative.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i call the NAACP racist and demand it be removed immediately

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If the anthem was found to have previously read...

And all Jews are horrible people

Or

Christianity is a joke..

I can guarentee the Jewish and Christian communities would want the same.

You can type that as if these parts of the National Anthem have been hidden and kept under lock and key rather than simply not sung.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If the anthem was found to have previously read...

And all Jews are horrible people

Or

Christianity is a joke..

I can guarentee the Jewish and Christian communities would want the same.

You can type that as if these parts of the National Anthem have been hidden and kept under lock and key rather than simply not sung.

They are not part of the national anthem. Only one verse was approved by congress. The reason is the marines used it at milittary funerals since 1880. In 1930 it was approved by congress but the entire song was not.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

That is a great song lol.

I like the "Smoke Weed Every Day" cousin to California Love too...maybe more.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

All the best songs tell a story an Tupac could weave a story into a song like few others

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Huh?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

BWAHAHAHA..

That’s funny..

First off I’m a Uber history buff enough to be suprised when someone out trivia’s me..
hononestly I’m not even real sure where your comming from....

First off

I couldn’t care less how people feel.. it’s totally subjective and rarely based on the reality of the situation.. so too bad so sad..

That said in my 36 years on this, planet , in this country.. most of which was spent in central Mississippi. Has never once met ANYONE honestly offended by being called a cracker...

Ever..

Then you talk about history like their some dark still living memory where some villainous individuals used cracker as the term to describe us being kept us in bondage???

Did I miss something???

Is it silly the way people trip over themselves to avoid sting the N word .. absolutely!

Is it destroying the fabric of America ?!?!

BWAHAHAHA!

edit on 9-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

They take the individual opinions of idiots, sometimes well meaning idiots, and pretend like those people matter..

99.9999% of the anecdotal evidence they throw out there are literally nobody’s..they are not elected officials , or people who control massive amounts of money or public opinion.

They are 15 min fame people , and USUALLY that 15 was only do the the fact some conservative rag got wind of a propaganda opportunity..

Things like reverse racism, PC culture diversity training are a joke. They are usually silly and at worst annoying.

they are not a damger to the fabric of society...

You would never get the majority of the population to play ball..

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I like that song!! I always have. I got a few strange looks from my Dad the first time he heard it playing on my car stereo...

It's a stirring piece of music.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

What is the original meaning of cracker, I always thought it was from the crack of the whip on the backs of slaves.

That is what it means

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

It's not racist its just...boring. NAACP will probably say that line 'the land of the free' offends black slaves despite the fact it probably represents the freedom from British tyranny, Some people are good at making mountains out of molehills.

If I may digress IMO the SSB is nonsensical, My nations national anthem is antiquated and a snoozefest as well, I think many nations could take a hint from New Zealand, whose anthem is a mixture of traditional Maori language and English is and a thing of beauty and unity.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Someone should drop the non-profit from the NAACP. They are losing their minds, and just being racists.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join