It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who wrote the anti-trans bathroom bill just lost to a trans woman

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Fair enough and you’ll be dust sooner than later and the world will move on without you.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Fair enough and you’ll be dust sooner than later and the world will move on without you.

And your fate will be no different sir.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Just a quick note to all the reactionary individuals venting their spleen, like the Neanderthals & Cro-Magnons & the 1950's southerners, you too will be replaced by evolution.

Not physical evolution, but in the sense that society & that vague concept of humanity also evolve.
So Adapt to your surroundings or not.
Choose wisely.

K~

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

Small point. We (modern humans) are all Cro-Magnon. With various bits of Neaderthal for most.

edit on 11/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

And your fate will be no different sir.

Haha missy, I'll see ya there!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Just a quick note to all the reactionary individuals venting their spleen, like the Neanderthals & Cro-Magnons & the 1950's southerners, you too will be replaced by evolution.

Not physical evolution, but in the sense that society & that vague concept of humanity also evolve.
So Adapt to your surroundings or not.
Choose wisely.

K~

So you're saying that transgenderism is a natural part of evolution?

Care to point out some examples from the fossil record?

I self identify as a non binary 120mm Howitzer. Shouldn't I get a bathroom as well?

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For everyone that claims the only reason Roem won is because she's transgender, she has a few choice words for you. She took to Twitter yesterday to explain how she (and other minority groups) in Virginia beat the Good Ol' Boy Club. I though this line was particularly poignant:

Bottom line: Knock off the divisive BS and actually campaign on boring stuff like infrastructure because it’s the boring stuff that the people pay you with their tax dollars to work on so they don’t have to focus on it. That’s literally your job. Try doing it.

Danica Roem Explains Why Virginia Republicans Got Their Clocks Cleaned on 11/7

If only more politicians took that view maybe we wouldn't be in the situation we're currently in.

If you don't want to take her own word for it, the NYT did a quick profile on her and her campaign shortly after she won. They reiterated exactly what Roem herself said. She ran not on being transgender but on the issues. She didn't even want her volunteers to describe her as a transgender. Instead, she wanted her future constituents to know that she was a stepmom, lifelong resident of the area, and a journalist.

Danica Roem Is Really, Really Boring

Only one side focused on identity politics in this race, and it was the Right. Even now they would rather focus on identity politics than actually pass legislation that would benefit the state. They are pushing to change the rules in the General Assembly just so they don't have to refer to Roem as Gentlewoman. Keep it classy GOP.

REPUBLICANS IN VIRGINIA REFUSE TO CALL TRANSGENDER LAWMAKER DANICA ROEM A WOMAN

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Right, I'm sure the ads running showing white guys with Rebel flags running around chasing poor little black boys had nothing to do with it.

Political stance is secondary to being labeled the dreaded "racist".

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Whatever, Bob Marshall got his clock cleaned by the type of person he loves to discriminate against.

Roem had policies and she won, get over it!

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I doubt it.

People vote on their fears, not what they are hopeful about. It's a page straight out of Lee atwaters playbook.

Just like all the white people who voted for that clown Obama, not because he had any kind of policy, but to prove how they weren't "racist".

Seems to be the same thing with this man/woman/whatever.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I must have missed that one. I saw the ones where she talks about fixing traffic. Care to provide the one you're referring to?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Roem focused her campaign on an issue that affects the entire DC metro area. Marshall focused his campaign on how weird he thinks Roem is. Roem went door to door and actually talked with her future constituents. Marshall didn't do any of that. Roem pushed to have debates and when they didn't happen did town hall style meetings instead. Marshall refused to any kind of debate because Roem was transgender.

One candidate actually discussed the issues and listened to the people. The other acted like "the biggest homophobe in Virginia" (his words, not mine) and you want to claim that Roem won because of "fear?"

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join