It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who wrote the anti-trans bathroom bill just lost to a trans woman

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Seems to me that since DNA cannot be changed and physical characteristics can that's the only true biological gender marker in human physiology. You can get that adam's apple cartilage shaven, you can take hormonal replacement but you just can't change the results of those chromosomal karyotypes.

if XX, female. If XY, male. Everything else is a mutation or an error in transcription such as trisomy (Down's Syndrome, Kleinfelter Syndrome) or monosomy (Turner's Syndrome).

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

My fiance went into the men's bathroom at a rest area because the women's line was too long.
Proud day for both of us.

If someone is so afraid to use a specific toilet, that they end up with a UTI, then gender identity is not their only problem.

Hopefully we will forget that this person is trans, and treat them like any other public servant, but I have a feeling the fact that he/she is trans will be involved in every issue.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I came to read this news for entertainment and was not dissapointed.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Very true. Like voting for Hilary because she's a woman, Obama because he was black(ish), some just want feel good about themselves because they voted for a [insert identity here] person.

I believe there are some who voted for Donald Trump because he was an "old white man" and they feel really good about themselves because now the White House has the right color president.

Well maybe he's more orange than white. But his Northern European derived genetics still qualifies him.

-dex

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123 Dude WTH. That is a very messed up things to say. As soon as I your name I knew I was about to read some crap from a ill person. All you do spew hate and shift blame. Grow up and grow a pair.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just have a problem with calling a man a she. Seems like this person was elected out of spite. Now the question is, does this person have the qualifications, or did he get elected because its good for the cause?

Bruce Jenner is Bruce Jenner to me, not "Caitlyn Jenner"

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I really wish these anti-trans people would just admit their attraction to them. I have always found those people who go out of their way to hate on something usually have some sort of history with it or attraction to it.

I am thinking these ladies and fellas so adamant against anti gay/trans must have had some sexual experience with them and are now trying to prove to the world they are not into them.

Conservatives always crying about small government and do not want the government to tell them how to live but have no issues with trying to dictate to others on how they can live or what they can do with their bodies.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sorry to the Virginia residents who have to put up with a less qualified state legislator because of virtue signalling.

How disgusting.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Virginia doesn't need your faux pity. They elected and got exactly who they voted for and wanted.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Virginia doesn't need your faux pity. They elected and got exactly who they voted for and wanted.

I guess you could say they get what they deserve. Now we'll see if this person even has a clue about anything.

(post by Aazadan removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

The fact that you are assuming she doesn't or her credentials are in doubt just because she is transgender says more about you than it does her.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

She ran the better campaign flat out. The only thing Marshall ran on was how yucky trans people are.

Roem actually put in the leg work and met with the people she was going to represent. She personally went door to door campaigning. She tried to debate Marshall on a number of occasions but he refused to take part. So instead these became town hall style meetings.

You can try to credit her win to her simply being trans but it completely ignores all the work she did. She ran an actual campaign that addressed the issues. Marshall on the other hand reminded everyone that he's the "Biggest Homophobe in Virginia." His words, not mine.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Because there's no way a trans woman could actually run a better campaign than an old white guy.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
Sorry to the Virginia residents who have to put up with a less qualified state legislator because of virtue signalling.

How disgusting.

In all fairness...what makes her less qualified?

The one thing I preached to my kids, both as it relates to their own sexuality as well as the sexuality of another, is its no ones business what you have going on with your business. Who someone sleeps with, and how they choose to go about it, isn't a concern. No one can be reduced to what occurs behind their zipper.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The fact that you are assuming she doesn't or her credentials are in doubt just because she is transgender says more about you than it does her.

The fact that you keep calling a person with a penis a she makes me question you as well. I think its complete BS, sorry if my opinion doesn't fit the PC mold.

I stand by the fact that this is a situation of cut your nose off to spite your face. Only time will tell though, so we'll see.

Not my State, not my problem

edit on 11/8/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Related good news!

Woman unseats Republican who mocked Women’s March

Revenge is sweet. On Tuesday night, a woman in New Jersey successfully unseated Atlantic County freeholder John Carman, the local politician who inspired her run when he posted a sexist meme on Facebook.

www.rawstory.com...

Git em Girls, take them dough boys down.

K~

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So before the legislator "legislated" where were they urinating?

When they visit their psychiatrist/therapist does he/she provide different toilet facilities? I'm curious.

(post by Stepdadmark removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Voting on emotion instead of platform is what got us

Lol - if that were true $100 millions wouldn't be spent on advertising. Simple leaflets dropped out of a plane would be sufficient. Like they do during military conflicts to get people to surrender.

You do realize most people don't study ideas and rely on talking heads to sway them through the whole gamut of emotion.

Maybe thats why Clinton is going into teaching at a University - hoping for a new generation of voter?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join