It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who wrote the anti-trans bathroom bill just lost to a trans woman

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Templeton

That is what you think is successful about Trump? Trump riding Obama's economic recovery and businesses keeping it afloat out of expectations for a tax cut bill (that is now looking like it will be harder to pass than the failed Obamacare repeal bill). Also lol at foreign relations! Unless you actually like the US supporting dictatorships and snubbing our traditional allies there has been nothing successful about Trump's foreign relations. He is widely regarded as a huge joke worldwide among enemies and allies alike.

Man if you think what you just said is a "success" you have a VERY low bar for success. I'd very much like to know what a "failure" looks like to you. I'm guessing you'll call Obama's Presidency a failure despite him having actual long term accomplishments and bringing the economy out of the worst recession since the 1930's.

What are you going on about? Trump's administration is a success in large part due to Obama. I said Trump is leading a successful administration. I never said he created it, nor would I claim Obama created it. If Trump can maintain and grow that success is the question.

Now riddle me this, if it is true that we were successful when Obama was a president and it is true that Trump hasn't changed much of anything...are we successful now? I get the impression you would undo all Obama's advancements if it meant a failed Trump presidency.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Abysha

Identity politics at its, erm...best.

Yep, years of Marshal's identity politics have finally came to an end.

Whoever it is.

I don't discuss surgery with others. Its typically not a "polite conversation" topic, unless you are in the NFL and have had a knee injury. When the surgery happens in the nether regions, its even more so.

"Yeah, i had a hemorrhoid removed last week...." or "Ill be undergoing a second circumcision to correct the first one" just isn't something that usually enters into daily conversation. So how or why someones gender reassignment should be worn like a badge of honor...i just don't get it.

The fact that the race boiled down to a transgender vs someone who showed he disliked transgendered people has done nothing more than cheapen the US political system. Use to be who you slept with was kept private....now its required as an entry into your bio.

Yet her platform focused on jobs and civic functions. They are playing identity politics by assuming her gender status is what she is holding up and running on instead of assuming she's simply a better candidate.

The only one playing identity politics was Marshal.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: face23785

So he's hiring swamp monsters who do the same things as the rest of D.C.? That's a disaster considering he promised to drain the swamp. If anything he has filled his cabinet with swamp water which is why they're under federal investigation.

Face it, Trump has done nothing significant up to this point other than selling terrorists weapons and creating drama and scandal.

Having done nothing significant in 10 months doens't amount to a disaster, and that's arguable. Some people in here have already pointed out positive things happening. You've failed to point out any disasters. Face it, you've been misled by the pundits. There's been no disaster.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Whoever it is.

I don't discuss surgery with others. Its typically not a "polite conversation" topic, unless you are in the NFL and have had a knee injury. When the surgery happens in the nether regions, its even more so.

"Yeah, i had a hemorrhoid removed last week...." or "Ill be undergoing a second circumcision to correct the first one" just isn't something that usually enters into daily conversation. So how or why someones gender reassignment should be worn like a badge of honor...i just don't get it.

The fact that the race boiled down to a transgender vs someone who showed he disliked transgendered people has done nothing more than cheapen the US political system. Use to be who you slept with was kept private....now its required as an entry into your bio.

I could imagine an alien cultural representative reporting back to their home-world.

"Earthlings are okay I suppose. I had to talk about my genitals a lot. Not sure why."

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton
What are you going on about? Trump's administration is a success in large part due to Obama. I said Trump is leading a successful administration. I never said he created it, nor would I claim Obama created it. If Trump can maintain and grow that success is the question.

Huh? What does that mean? A successful President has to actually ACCOMPLISH something. You can't be a success just because you were elected. Politics always suffers from the seven year itch. Even without Trump winning the presidency, a Republican should have won just based on past trends alone.

Now riddle me this, if it is true that we were successful when Obama was a president and it is true that Trump hasn't changed much of anything...are we successful now? I get the impression you would undo all Obama's advancements if it meant a failed Trump presidency.

You are conflating two different measures of success. The economy is currently successful because it hasn't crashed and is continuing to improve. Obama's Presidency was successful because he was able to pass long term legislation to support his politics and he presided over the economy that recovered us from the recession. Trump hasn't accomplished anything. All you are doing is giving Trump credit for the things that Obama accomplished.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I don't watch pundits so it seems you've made a pretty big assumption about where I get my information from. I don't watch TV nor do I read the media so how can you sit there and assume I get my information from pundits? It might feel good to say it and it might make you feel like you're smarter than me but it's still untrue and you're wrong for assuming it.

His administration is under federal investigation, he's already fired numerous people from his original cabinet only to replace them and then go on to fire the replacements as well.

If a business was under investigation by the BBB and couldn't seem to keep any employees for a few weeks at a time, would you call that a successful business? I would hope not.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Templeton

Huh? What does that mean? A successful President has to actually ACCOMPLISH something. You can't be a success just because you were elected. Politics always suffers from the seven year itch. Even without Trump winning the presidency, a Republican should have won just based on past trends alone.

You are conflating two different measures of success. The economy is currently successful because it hasn't crashed and is continuing to improve. Obama's Presidency was successful because he was able to pass long term legislation to support his politics and he presided over the economy that recovered us from the recession. Trump hasn't accomplished anything. All you are doing is giving Trump credit for the things that Obama accomplished.

Yes that is what I am doing because they are both on the same team. Obama was Trump's president and Trump is Obama's president. And they are/were both our president. Our team is successful. We got to focus on tribal equality for a while, all good. Now Trump is at the helm and we get to focus on the economy. Also good.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I don't watch pundits so it seems you've made a pretty big assumption about where I get my information from. I don't watch TV nor do I read the media so how can you sit there and assume I get my information from pundits? It might feel good to say it and it might make you feel like you're smarter than me but it's still untrue and you're wrong for assuming it.

His administration is under federal investigation, he's already fired numerous people from his original cabinet only to replace them and then go on to fire the replacements as well.

If a business was under investigation by the BBB and couldn't seem to keep any employees for a few weeks at a time, would you call that a successful business? I would hope not.

Then you've misled yourself. Sorry I just assumed someone had been lying to you. If you've been coming to these conclusions by yourself you have a serious bias. There's been no disaster. You can't name one. Open your mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

His administration is under federal investigation for doing illegal things. What was he saying about "draining the swamp"? Did he mean draining it into his cabinet? Seems like it.

He's a disaster as a president so far, he's got more scandals and drama under his belt than actual legislation. Pretty sad seeing as he's 10 months in and has accomplished absolutely nothing of any significance. If a business made no profit after 10 months of being open it would be shut down and considered a failure.
edit on 11/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Whoever it is.

I could imagine an alien cultural representative reporting back to their home-world.

"Earthlings are okay I suppose. I had to talk about my genitals a lot. Not sure why."

Could you imagine one where they had to discuss the size of their hands...to only find out why? "Something about the size of my hands directly relates to my genitals, weird, I know, but that's the take of the Earthlings' 'leader of the free world'"?

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

His administration is under federal investigation for doing illegal things. What was he saying about "draining the swamp"? Did he mean draining it into his cabinet? Seems like it.

He's a disaster as a president so far, he's got more scandals and drama under his belt than actual legislation. Pretty sad seeing as he's 10 months in and has accomplished absolutely nothing of any significance. If a business made no profit after 10 months of being open it would be shut down and considered a failure.

Yet you can't name a single disaster. Every administration has been investigated. We knew there would be investigations before he even got sworn in. The Democrats threw a gigantic tantrum and invented this false Russia collusion narrative. That's all you have, and it's getting worn out fast. I really encourage you to start thinking more critically. You believe in fairy tales.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Why, because they voted for someone different?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

He's done nothing as a president except sell terrorists weapons and have drama and scandal at his heels the entire 10 months he's been in office.

Call that a success if you want but we obviously have different definitions of the word.

(post by Abysha removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Whoever it is.

The only person that brought up her "identity" was Marshall when he intentionally and repeatedly referred to her as he, him or Mr Roem which is blatantly disrespectful and unbecoming of a statesman. Furthermore her being Transgender has nothing to do with who she sleeps with and she certainly did not parade that information around.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

He's done nothing as a president except sell terrorists weapons and have drama and scandal at his heels the entire 10 months he's been in office.

Call that a success if you want but we obviously have different definitions of the word.

Are you ready to admit there's been no disasters yet? That was your claim. You've been deflecting away from it for 2 pages because you know you're wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Are you ready to admit that Trump has been anything but a success so far?

He's a disaster "so far" because he's accomplished absolutely nothing and has his administration under federal investigation. Taking his campaign promises into account and him promising to "drain the swamp" then he has been a disaster so far, because he has accomplished absolutely nothing he set out promising to do.
edit on 11/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

(post by Arnie123 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join