It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who wrote the anti-trans bathroom bill just lost to a trans woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Templeton

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was speaking of Trump pushing people who are moderately left and/or sitting on the fence further to the left and into the far left. This sudden influx of people moving left because of Trump's antics will eventually springboard back at Trump and the far right and they (the far right) will eventually be the reason for their own demise.

What used to be a vocal minority is now becoming bigger because of Trump and his antics. I have a feeling it will continue pushing more people to the far left throughout his term(s).

Do you have stats on this claim? Anecdotally that is not what I see at all. I do see the left pushing moderates to lunacy, but all I see Trump doing is leading a successful administration.

Successful Administration? trump can't even put together a cohesive cabinet.

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I was speaking of Trump pushing people who are moderately left and/or sitting on the fence further to the left and into the far left. This sudden influx of people moving left because of Trump's antics will eventually springboard back at Trump and the far right and they (the far right) will eventually be the reason for their own demise.

What used to be a vocal minority is now becoming bigger because of Trump and his antics. I have a feeling it will continue pushing more people to the far left throughout his term(s).

Do you have stats on this claim? Anecdotally that is not what I see at all. I do see the left pushing moderates to lunacy, but all I see Trump doing is leading a successful administration.

Because every Administration in the past has had zero changes their entire 4(8) years? Gotcha.

Anything else?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

What major legislation has he passed that was part of his campaign trail?
edit on 11/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I remember the last “beginning of the end” for Donald Trump. I remember it fondly.
Trump doubters montage

MAGA

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That is what you think is successful about Trump? Trump riding Obama's economic recovery and businesses keeping it afloat out of expectations for a tax cut bill (that is now looking like it will be harder to pass than the failed Obamacare repeal bill). Also lol at foreign relations! Unless you actually like the US supporting dictatorships and snubbing our traditional allies there has been nothing successful about Trump's foreign relations. He is widely regarded as a huge joke worldwide among enemies and allies alike.

Man if you think what you just said is a "success" you have a VERY low bar for success. I'd very much like to know what a "failure" looks like to you. I'm guessing you'll call Obama's Presidency a failure despite him having actual long term accomplishments and bringing the economy out of the worst recession since the 1930's.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Banquo

Except back then Trump didn't have a political career. NOW he does. If you think that his failure after failure is going to get him reelected then I have a bridge with the acronym "MAGA" on it to sell you.

I already know you Trumpers have blind support for him. I'm talking about the people who use critical thought to decide their politics though. But hey, keep yelling MAGA. I'm sure that will bring over more supporters in the future having absolutely zero depth to your political arguing.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Obama admin resignations

While the title is misleading, the list serves to make the point that every administration has tons of people who leave for a variety of reasons, sometimes benign and sometimes over scandals. I don't think anyone expected Trump to be an exception. You can make the point that Trump is experiencing this at a higher rate than other Presidents, and you'd be correct (for now anyway). But personally I expected some rapid turnover, after all the guy has never been in government before. Most of the people I know who voted for him expected a rocky start on the personnel front.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

What major legislation has he passed that was part of his campaign trail?

A lack of legislation is a disaster? Way to move the goalposts.

Name some disasters since he became President.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Identity politics at its, erm...best.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep, years of Marshal's identity politics have finally came to an end.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

You must not be paying attention. All the investigations into his administration ring any bells? You know, the guys he personally appointed himself to "drain the swamp"? They're the biggest swamp monsters around.

This administration is a joke so far, people are too focused on scandal and drama to get anything of real value done.

Unless you consider "triggering" people to be of value then Trump has done absolutely nothing of worth up to this point.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

ACA repeal
Him, his cabinet, and his campaign are all under federal investigation and Congressional investigation.
Travel Ban
Transgendered ban in the military

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't forget about him selling hundreds of billions of dollars worth of weapons to ISIS sympathizers. I'm sure that will make us and the world safer from terrorists. /s

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Of course you could get granular with it, but those 4 are the big ones I remember. I imagine that tax reform will be added to that list in a few months. And when tax reform fails so will his infrastructure plans (the wall) since there won't be any money for them.

link   
a reply to: Abysha

This disgusting man wouldn't even debate her and intentionally misgendered her, showing zero respect.

Man??? I always thought of biology and mother nature as in a form of a Women not a Man.

Let the insults begin and continue. I'm sure everyone will be better by the end of this thread.

edit on 491130America/ChicagoWed, 08 Nov 2017 10:49:35 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

You must not be paying attention. All the investigations into his administration ring any bells? You know, the guys he personally appointed himself to "drain the swamp"? They're the biggest swamp monsters around.

This administration is a joke so far, people are too focused on scandal and drama to get anything of real value done.

Unless you consider "triggering" people to be of value then Trump has done absolutely nothing of worth up to this point.

All the investigations that so far have found nothing but some money laundering that you can probably nail half the people in DC for?

So you can't name any?

link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yep, years of Marshal's identity politics have finally came to an end.

Whoever it is.

I don't discuss surgery with others. Its typically not a "polite conversation" topic, unless you are in the NFL and have had a knee injury. When the surgery happens in the nether regions, its even more so.

"Yeah, i had a hemorrhoid removed last week...." or "Ill be undergoing a second circumcision to correct the first one" just isn't something that usually enters into daily conversation. So how or why someones gender reassignment should be worn like a badge of honor...i just don't get it.

The fact that the race boiled down to a transgender vs someone who showed he disliked transgendered people has done nothing more than cheapen the US political system. Use to be who you slept with was kept private....now its required as an entry into your bio.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Abysha

This disgusting man wouldn't even debate her and intentionally misgendered her, showing zero respect.

Man??? I always thought of biology and mother nature as in a form of a Women not a Man.

Let the insults begin.

No idea what you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

ACA repeal
Him, his cabinet, and his campaign are all under federal investigation and Congressional investigation.
Travel Ban
Transgendered ban in the military

At least we have an attempt here, albeit a failed attempt.

Can you explain how failing to repeal ACA is a disaster?
The investigations sure are a disaster, for the left. They were supposed to get Trump out of office, and so far they've failed to produce any evidence of collusion with Russia.
The travel ban is a disaster? How are you using this word? Do you even know what it means?
Transgender ban that hasn't been implemented?

Complete fail bro.

Do you have anything that has long term negative consequences for the country?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

So he's hiring swamp monsters who do the same things as the rest of D.C.? That's a disaster considering he promised to drain the swamp. If anything he has filled his cabinet with swamp water which is why they're under federal investigation.

Face it, Trump has done nothing significant up to this point other than selling terrorists weapons and creating drama and scandal.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join