It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who wrote the anti-trans bathroom bill just lost to a trans woman

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Abysha

So before the legislator "legislated" where were they urinating?

When they visit their psychiatrist/therapist does he/she provide different toilet facilities? I'm curious.

Trans people have been peeing in the right bathrooms for decades and nobody cared until it became a right-wing dog whistle and then suddenly it was cool to tell people where they can't pee.

Interesting, isn't it? Kind of like nobody used to care when NFL players sat down during a football game..... and then a time came when a bunch of people suddenly went berserk about it. For some reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

Big deal. Male politician's get beat by other male politician's everyday. Just because one like to play dress up shouldn't mean much.

No it"s a bit more than that, it"s about a reactionary jerk involving himself in a stupid culture war talking about body parts, his opponent was all about infrastructure and bread & butter issues and he got burnt...sweet.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Then, if it's not such a big deal about the Transgender thing, and it's ONLY because the other guy was talking about it. Then why are YOU and the OP (and the rest here) making such a big deal about it? My point was, that this wasn't a woman. The DNA says that "she" is still a man.

Also, they call him "Bigot Bob"...fair enough, it's a derogatory name that is designed to bring shame to the guy, because he doesn't believe the same as Liberals do. But is it not true, that HE has just as much of a right to HIS opinion, as you do to yours, so long as no one get's hurt? If so, does that not make you, the OP and many others here a bigot as well?

Dictionary.com

"big·ot
ˈbiɡət/Submit
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions."
edit on 10-11-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

More than just an opinion, he is about legislating his opinion on body parts and gender l.D , the good ppl of Virginia wanted their infrastructure fixed more than trying to fix her, hence he got rejected.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

You didn't really answer all of my questions, but I digress. Those who voted for this Trans man/woman, they got what they wanted. Why continue to bash the guy?

You can't tell me with a straight face that this Transgender person, isn't going to make some legislation laws herself, that are in total opposition to what Marshall believe's. To him, she is going to legislate dangerous policies, that may get people hurt. Remember going under the knife for these surgeries are very dangerous and life threatening. Just because the Transgender person has more of a cult following in her division, (which is mostly because of the new social trend of accepting everybody....except conservatives, Trump or those who believe differently than Liberals...thanks to the Liberal controlled media CNN, MSNBC and Washington post to name a few)...doesn't mean that her Legislation would be any less damaging than his would be to Liberals.

This is a Government Website:

Suicide and Suicidal Behavior among Transgender Persons

The suicide attempt rate among transgender persons ranges from 32% to 50% across the countries. Gender-based victimization, discrimination, bullying, violence, being rejected by the family, friends, and community; harassment by intimate partner, family members, police and public; discrimination and ill treatment at health-care system are the major risk factors that influence the suicidal behavior among transgender persons.

Prevalence of suicide and suicidal behavior among transgender persons:

The suicidal behavior and suicide attempt rates are reported to be significantly high among transgender persons compared to general population across the countries.

The self-harm behavior among sexual minority including transgender persons is equally serious and impactful as suicidality; the forms of self-harm committed by the respondents are cutting on the wrists and other areas of the arms, burning oneself, pouring gasoline on oneself but not igniting it, hanging oneself, breaking glasses, cups and other objects on one's head, fists and body, banging one's head against the wall, excessive drinking, eating and drug use, harmful sexual behavior, joining crime, street gang and violent activities to purposefully drop-out from the life and society, etc.

There will always be people that won't accept this, and there's nothing anyone can do about that. The suicides will continue, or even get worse when this "legislator" helps them to get cheaper and more surgeries, she will prioritize privilege for Trans people (as they will expect it), and jealousy will arise from average people, for her prioritizing them, and with jealousy comes rage. They will then be targeted even more.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Your linked response said it all, it"s the discrimination that's driving those suicide, I am not going to go into how sexuality is not just body parts.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

They're safety would be the concern here...not their beliefs that they dwell on.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
How in the world do you "misgender" someone? It's so confusing.

As far as this goes, the office is a lot more important than this pointless story.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

When you are going to a doctor for a urinary tract infection caused by holding it in because a legislator legislated you out of existence... then you can decide where it falls on the spectrum of ruining peoples' lives.

Seriously?
If you are so mutinous to the social structure rules society has you live by, can you not revert to nature and just 'go where you want' without blaming someone else for not letting you piss in a cubicle that you gravitate towards? The world is your toilet. 'I identify as a woman, but I can still piss standing up in an alley somewhere. I choose not to because it's beneath my sensitivities and someone else somewhere needs to be responsible for this.'

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucius Driftwood

When you are going to a doctor for a urinary tract infection caused by holding it in because a legislator legislated you out of existence... then you can decide where it falls on the spectrum of ruining peoples' lives.

Seriously?
If you are so mutinous to the social structure rules society has you live by, can you not revert to nature and just 'go where you want' without blaming someone else for not letting you piss in a cubicle that you gravitate towards? The world is your toilet. 'I identify as a woman, but I can still piss standing up in an alley somewhere. I choose not to because it's beneath my sensitivities and someone else somewhere needs to be responsible for this.'

Sure, any body can squat behind a car in an alley and pee. But that's also illegal. May as well break the first law and pee in a stall. If you think breaking the law is the acceptable answer to this as opposed to changing the law to be more sensible, then your true intentions are clear.

It was never an issue until it was decided upon that making it an issue can get votes.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The thing about bathrooms is, they are public. If you expect privacy or sensibility out of a public place you are not understanding what "public" means.

There was a time when polite people didn't like to discuss bathroom usage. It seems that this, along with how we choose to utilize our privates, is fair game for public discussion.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
There was a time when polite people didn't like to discuss bathroom usage.

Exactly. Back when nobody cared or noticed if there was a trans woman peeing in the next stall or if a trans man was using a prosthetic to pee in the next urinal.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You also have to admit that you're talking about a time when those individuals were publicly a lot more discrete and toned down in most of America. Fkamboyance and individualistic attention whoring have not been their friends in this matter or others.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You also have to admit that you're talking about a time when those individuals were publicly a lot more discrete and toned down in most of America. Fkamboyance and individualistic attention whoring have not been their friends in this matter or others.

Like who? Nobody I know has changed, other than keeping a lower profile since MAGA-folk started lemming around. Who are these trans women getting shoved down your throat or are being "flamboyant" and then ask yourself who is it that keeps putting them in your face.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Well, I just did multiple Google searches for "transgender bathroom laws" with an open "from" time and the "to" time posted limits dating all the way back to 2000 and discovered this has been a thing for as long as the internet has been a thing. The difference seems to be that the actual push back against special protection and special treatment laws for transgenders seems to be gaining steam over the past 5 years on a much broader spectrum, probably because the 2000s saw a major push to institute these special status laws on trans in all 50 states and most major cities, whereas prior efforts had focused on the states and cities which were already viewed as mostly liberal in their assigning special protection status laws.

It seems to me that "OMG, I'm being attacked" has become a dog whistle for those who despise seeing their agenda in any way blocked, slowed down, or even questioned.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Funny story. If there wasn't a transgender person involved it would be a non-story though. You've only really reached equality when you stop making your "first this, first that" the story of the day. Congrats to the winner though.

Come on. Every First connected to equality of people should be celebrated. It Inspires people and and reaffirms the peoples confidence in their country..

We need to celebrate thefirst to inspire the 5th or 25th person.

you are right if it was happening day that would be equality. Unfortunately most every to some in the LGBT abuse beating etc.

Please don't minimise What is obvious good to great change for the Virginia district

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

TG is a CHOICE to wear womens clothes,spend thousands of dollars of superficial surgeries, and big pharmaceuticals.

Its a free choice to purse life liberty and Happiness

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

In other words, Marshall was upset that LGBTQ people were gaining rights in their own country and fewer people were tolerating his hateful behavior.

And exactly what rights are being deprived from these "transgender" people? What can normal people do that they can't? Other than getting their own bathroom for whatever they "self identify" as.

and only referred to her using male pronouns.

Why do transgender people expect, no demand, that everybody else in the world adapt to whatever they want to be called so they don't get their feelings hurt.

The world does not give a damn about anybodys feelings, so why do these transgenders feel like they should be an exception?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior

[quote]The world does not give a damn about anybodys feelings, so why do these transgenders feel like they should be an exception?

I totally agree with you here and that being said, it is up to you as a reasonable and civilized member of society to understand and accept that if you continue to openly hold and express those views in an ever progressing society of whom do not agree with your antiquated feelings then you will be called out for it. Furthermore you should be aware of the possibility that your Transphobic rhetoric could escalate a situation to a potentially violent confrontation that could have otherwise been avoided had you not decided to be immature and willfully and intentionally antagonize and provoke someone that may be a bit unorthodox. Good day sir!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

if you continue to openly hold and express those views in an ever progressing society of whom do not agree with your antiquated feelings then you will be called out for it

I am not bashing transgenders, I am simply stating that I don't understand why they feel they deserve special treatment from the rest of the world. And how am I pushing any of my opinions on anyone? And if you truly believe that we are living in a sort of "progressing society" then you need to take a good look around you, human nature being what it is.

you should be aware of the possibility that your Transphobic rhetoric could escalate a situation to a potentially violent confrontation that could have otherwise been avoided had you not decided to be immature and willfully and intentionally antagonize and provoke someone that may be a bit unorthodox.

I was asking some valid questions.

Despite your internet bravado, I guess its easier to just call somebody a transphobe instead of coming up with some logical answers.

And I hate to break it to you, but having a transgender person getting angry at me is at the very bottom of my list of fears.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join