It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have major victories yesterday is our country shifting left

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It's NOT shifting left...

The MAJORITY is left.

They just don't always VOTE. There is a saying...

When Democrats get out and vote, they win.

This is why the GOP has Gerrymandered the hell out of districts and made it as hard as POSSIBLE for low-income people to vote. They have to work pretty hard, and even THEN it doesn't always work.

The FACT is that there are more center-left and left people in the USA.

Trump and the GOP basically used rural America to hijack Washington DC.

Democrats got LAZY and despite Hillary still getting more actual votes lost.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is not the elections to watch. It is an indication of how people are feeling right now, but not the elections to watch.

This is also normal for the country, they are not happy with what ever party is in charge so they change their minds and send the other team up.

However, the key elections to watch would be the 2018 elections. That is where there will be congressional seats up for election, and that will set the tone for the next 2 years.

However, here is the thing, it does not matter which party wins in the midterms, ultimately what is going to determine much is what all gets done and how ticked off the country is at the time of the elections.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Why would an intelligent awakened society continue to believe that making the rich even richer is good for working families? Making us little beggar dogs. That is what we have been offered by Republicans.

It's CALLED "Feudalism".

And the Republican voters all truly believe they'll get to be nobles and royalty.

"If it just wasn't for all those low income people stealing muh stuff and keepin' me down cuz taxes and big gubmint!"

^^ They've been brainwashed to hate other poor people by the rich.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Those victories should give Republicans a needed kick in the pants. Maybe they'll unify and start passing significant legislation to improve many aspects of American life. Starting with Tax Cuts.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

LMAO!!! Well, the idiot who ran against the Dem in VA lost 2 years ago, so...
new blood should have be selected to run this go around. New Jersey, seriously? Did anyone expect Chris Christie's right hand to win that race in any way? The Christie admin is cancer.

In other words, ooh! Dems won a couple races that even Hellen Keller could have seen them winning from day 1.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Those victories should give Republicans a needed kick in the pants. Maybe they'll unify and start passing significant legislation to improve many aspects of American life. Starting with Tax Cuts.

Republicant's don't know HOW to out-policy liberals. All they know how to DO is be "the opposition".

ANd now they're in power, they don't know who to oppose anymore.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The margin was surprising. And the women's vote. It means all those threads about the Democratic Party being dead were wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There are other indications that the tide is turning. Not just in NJ and Va.

Ohio mayor who left Dem Party to back Trump goes down in humiliating electoral defeat

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Correct, Anti-Trump does NOT = Communism. What = Communism is voting in the party that wants complete weath redistribution, open borders, dismantling of the Bill of Rights, etc. If the Dems ever regain control of the US Senate and House, it will be the beginning of the end for greatest Republic the world has known...

Again, you're riding a black/white horse and not seeing the truth...which lies in the gray spectrum. While some Democrats lean far to the left (just as some Republicans lean far to the right) most are somewhere just left of center, just as most Republicans are just right of center.

What makes you think that a Democratically controlled Senate and House will be any more productive than a Republican controlled house (which has yet to approve anything that the president has approved?)

As I see it, haven't we had both sides in control of the house and senate previously? And somehow we are still here as a country, and still fighting about which side of center is the best... You see, compromise and discussion is a powerful tool of the body politic.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
arent they democrats to begin with...

not a surprise

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

originally posted by: jtma508
Imagine yourself in prison. All you want is to be able to do your time and be safe. You move to one side of the prison yard and the inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food...

You have 50% chance to be beaten by the blue side of the yard, a 45% of being beaten by the red side of the yard, and a 5% chance of escape, but you get to vote on it.

Gonna vote for the party with the best chance of winning, or for your own best interest?

I voted in Va election and I voted libertarian I know the guy wasn't going to win but that does not matter to me. I'm so fed up with the Democrats and Republicans I have decided to vote third party whenever I can. I think third parties need a fair chance against republican democrat dominance. So if I'm gonna talk the talk I might as well walk the walk. We could change our voting system to instant run off voting and give smaller parties a better chance and force the two big parties to be more competitive against smaller ones. Yet I'm pretty sure the big 2 would like to hold on to the power they have.
edit on 8-11-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The margin was surprising. And the women's vote. It means all those threads about the Democratic Party being dead were wrong.

Neither Party is dead yet, unfortunately.

NJ went just as polling predicted.
VA polls were all over the place, almost all had Gillespie losing by at least 3.5% if not more. The VA percentage was good for the Dems, on the high end of projections if not even a little above. Kudos to your side. I don't think much national clout was invested by Republicans on either race.

2018 depends on what legislation actually gets passed. Typically the party in power sees erosion in midterms but there usually isn't such huge pieces like Immigration, Healthcare and Taxes all on the board at the same time. The Republicans have to deliver if they want to maintain their lead.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think the Republicans are in the process of losing the mid-terms on purpose. They have no more excuses and everything they're currently *not* doing are things they all ran on doing - repealing Obamacare, tax reform, border security.

So since they all said they would, and not just this past election, but for the past three cycles to take power and now have zero excuses to run on since they're in power, they're basically losing on purpose.

There's no reason to vote for them since they blatantly are not going to do what they say they will.

Of course, we all know Democrats will do what they say they will, but I have *zero* interest in any of the things they promise because they have none of the effects they say they will - that's where Democrats always lie.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The Democratic party is like Obamacare. It is on life support. But Republicans can cause it to come back with both guns blazing if they do not pass tax cuts.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
No matter how much awake you are, no matter how much wolf-like you are and not sheep-like, every year the rich get richer and poverty increases.

No.

No it doesn't.

edit on 8-11-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

*gasp* The Narrative™!!! Somebody, please think of The Narrative™!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Remember, just because Donald Trump supporters are the loudest, doesn't mean that's how all Americans feel. I think no matter what happens, voter turnout in 2018 is going to break records on both sides for a mid term.

People on both sides are angry and frustrated, and will make this felt at the ballot box next November.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Grambler

Considering 14 seats flipped to the Democrats, they couldn't have been that strong of areas if they were voting Republican before. This was the largest shift in power for the state since at least the Watergate era (I'm seeing some people say since 1899.)

So it's got to be more than just people voting the same way they always vote.

I'll give you a hint:
Toxic
Reprehensible
Uninformed
Media
Personality

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I think the Republicans are in the process of losing the mid-terms on purpose. They have no more excuses and everything they're currently *not* doing are things they all ran on doing - repealing Obamacare, tax reform, border security.

So since they all said they would, and not just this past election, but for the past three cycles to take power and now have zero excuses to run on since they're in power, they're basically losing on purpose.

There's no reason to vote for them since they blatantly are not going to do what they say they will.

Of course, we all know Democrats will do what they say they will, but I have *zero* interest in any of the things they promise because they have none of the effects they say they will - that's where Democrats always lie.

I think there might be some truth to this. It does seem like the establishment Republicans rather lose to Democrats than pass policies that their constituency clearly wants. It is interesting that at every turn, Republicans win when sticking to the topics that people want addressed (illegal immigration, repealing Obamacare, tax cuts, etc) but when they get in office, it is like they are scared to actually do something.

I can only conclude that that establishment Republicans aren't really conservative.

It is really ashame because we are at a point where Republicans can make some serious generational changes that only come along like every 50-100 years and they are squandering the opportunity. Republicans could significantly curtail the IRS, move to a flat tax or consumption tax. Eliminate a lot of the bureaucracies like the Dept. of Ed. Make significant cuts, etc. They are completely squandering the opportunity.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: dfnj2015
No matter how much awake you are, no matter how much wolf-like you are and not sheep-like, every year the rich get richer and poverty increases.

No.

No it doesn't.

Stop posting facts. We don't want to offend anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join