It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have major victories yesterday is our country shifting left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe the Democratic candidates were a better choice. I vote based on whether I think the candidate will be best for my area and our country. I sure hope that other people actually look at the candidates and do not just vote because of what party they are in.
edit on 8-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Most of us do know how psychopathically despised the current POTUS is by those in NYC, the West Coast, and a few other bastions of America 

The whole world...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

You're correct. Virginia has gotten more purple over the years I've lived here. It's getting bluer with every election. Blue is a beautiful color. Life here just keeps getting better and better.
And we have really nice weather too. [
edit on 1182017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

So a Republican replaced a republican. Isn't that the same thing you just said about Virginia?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh look at all the fake conservatives that voted for trump pretending this is not a big win for the democrats.

Waaaaaaa trump da is best.

Fake conservatives? I’d like to know what you mean by that.

Neocons, people who put there feels before the brains.

You should look up what a neocon actually is, before you use terms you aren't familiar with.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I think this is true.

I woke up this morning wearing a Che t-shirt and I had a chin beard and I felt the urge to raise taxes, take away guns, tear down statues, and deny free speech.

Weird.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So a Republican replaced a republican. Isn't that the same thing you just said about Virginia?

Oh Silly....don't you get it? That wasn't an unexpected victory either. And it was the only National seat race. Guess the Dems got tired of Special Elections huh? Well at least your side didn't waste millions of dollars on that one, so there's that.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I think that with all the GOPers retiring and deciding not to run; they aren't stupid and can read the handwriting on the wall.

Republicans now realize that a trump endorsement is toxic covfefe for the future of the Grand ole Party.

Even trumps base is starting to ask some serious questions about his capacity to lead.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 8-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks the republicans aren't rethinking their 2018 strategies today are only fooling themselves.

This election was a wake up call.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Yeah RIGHT!

Just IGNORE stuff like this.

Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Anyone who thinks the republicans aren't rethinking their 2018 strategies today are only fooling themselves.

This election was a wake up call.

If you say so. The only national election was won by the Republicans. The side that tries to coast into the 2018 elections will be the one that loses. Republicans have to run on their record as the Party in charge, they need to pass the Big Three: Healthcare, Immigration Reform and Taxes. It all depends on what they get accomplished. Democrats are stuck in that even if they oppose all three, they can't stop the Republicans from getting those done like the Republicans could do to Obama.

2018 will be the real test.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Let me see who won Virginia in 2016.... Democrats.
Let me see who won New Jersey in 2016... Democrats.

Yep, this is a major shift in the country.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It's about the time that the pendulum of power swings back the other way. Nothing surprising about it. Republicans built up a head of steam starting in 2010 and carried it through the current day, but as always happens, everything will begin to reverse course, and you'll start seeing the Democrats coming back into power over the next eight to ten years, then it will start to flow back to the Republicans again.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Let me see who won Virginia in 2016.... Democrats.
Let me see who won New Jersey in 2016... Democrats.

Yep, this is a major shift in the country.

But it is! Finally, they actually won something that they were predicted to win. Take that Hillary.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah RIGHT!

Only 37% of Americans have a favorable opinion of Democrats, down from 44% in March of this year. A majority, 54%, have an unfavorable view, matching their highest mark in polls from CNN and SSRS, CNN/ORC and CNN/USA Today/Gallup stretching back to 1992.

www.cnn.com...

Isn't it crazy how your side hates polls except when they help you in some way.
I think it says a lot when Trump endorses someone and then they lose.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Yeah RIGHT!

www.cnn.com...

Yes, I think the GOP should ignore stuff like this, too. They would be wise to retreat to a warm bubble, and share memes amongst themselves about Hillary's email or pictures of Jesus standing behind Trump as he signs a bill.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

Well that poll was backed up during the D primary.

The left didn't want Clinton.

The LEFT had to cheat to get the nomination.

And well they lost the national.

That's what's crazy.

The fact is independent is the largest growing voter block.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"bastions of communism."

You must not understand what communism is

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Who cares.

It's like choosing between measles and chicken pox.

They are both bad for you.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven

Yeah RIGHT!

www.cnn.com...

Yes, I think the GOP should ignore stuff like this, too. They would be wise to retreat to a warm bubble, and share memes amongst themselves about Hillary's email or pictures of Jesus standing behind Trump as he signs a bill.

I agree, now is not the time to get complacent. You have a political Party on the ground with your boot on their neck. Time to apply even more pressure. The Republicans have to be going for Democratic seats, not just trying to hold their own.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join