It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have major victories yesterday is our country shifting left

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Personal opinion, but considering a Democrat governor was elected is making national headlines shows the desperation of the Democratic Party. Again just my opinion.

Yes it seems rather odd.

Its coming to light that the dnc screwed their own voters over in the 2016 primary to put in a corrupt wealthy person who was for sell to the highest bidder.

But never mind that. The dnc won a governor seat.

Yay!!

Yep, we're on the same page in that regard.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

This Rust Belt base has no clue how despised Trumps rhetoric/policy is.

Keep making fun of rural America, How well did that work out for you last time? Most of us do know how psychopathically despised the current POTUS is by those in NYC, the West Coast, and a few other bastions of America destroying liberalism. By the way, I think you might find a few of us in the left’s irrelevant middle America are a bit more intelligent and better informed than you give us credit for...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I voted across ticket. Of course I was the very definition of a single issue voter this go round. Those easiest on medical marijuana got my vote regardless of party.

Yes... Northam got my vote this go round.

I love the way people assume this is a commie state now, or swinging in that direction. Only the population centers in the state have a liberal slant. The counties are far from liberal. That is reflected in our state legislature. Far from liberal, though the conservatives did lose ground there last night.

Even my local news anchorman ran against a 3 term incumbent and won.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: Kali74

This Rust Belt base has no clue how despised Trumps rhetoric/policy is.

Keep making fun of rural America, How well did that work out for you last time? Most of us do know how psychopathically despised the current POTUS is by those in NYC, the West Coast, and a few other bastions of America destroying liberalism. By the way, I think you might find a few of us in the left’s irrelevant middle America are a bit more intelligent and better informed than you give us credit for...

I'm not making fun of rural America. You may want to work on your reading comprehension. As far as I know the entire Rust Belt are not Trump supporters. I specifically said This Rust Belt base.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
So a State that has voted Democrat in the last 3 Presidential races and had a Democrat Governor, elected a Democrat as a Governor And this is a big "sea-change? Stop the Presses! We've got a MAJOR story here!

I guess winning anything is progress, even if it's things that were expected.

The only national race:

The one bright spot for Republicans was their special congressional victory in Utah, where Republican John Curtis beat Democrat Kathie Allen in the race to fill former Rep. Jason Chaffetz’s, R-Utah, seat.

edit on 8-11-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Funny how Fox news is barely even mentioning the election results yesterday isn't it.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
So a State that has voted Democrat in the last 3 Presidential races and had a Democrat Governor, elected a Democrat as a Governor And this is a big "sea-change? Stop the Presses! We've got a MAJOR story here!

I guess winning anything is progress, even if it's things that were expected.

The only national race:

The one bright spot for Republicans was their special congressional victory in Utah, where Republican John Curtis beat Democrat Kathie Allen in the race to fill former Rep. Jason Chaffetz’s, R-Utah, seat.

I know... right?

4 of the last 5 governors have been Democrat.

I have to say that this state had my favorite founding father as its first governor.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

With the gerrymandering done in 2010 by Republicans the Democrats have no chance to ever take back control of Congress regardless by how much they win the popular vote. This is what happened in 2016. So Republicans are firmly in control by gaming the system. Democrats did gerrymandering too. But Republicans have set a new bar.

I can't tell you how many times I have heard people on the right label people on the left as communists. If you study the works of Karl Marx you can see why it's so popular all around the world for so many years:

But do not worry my comrade. Every year the rich get richer and poverty increases. Marx always said laissez faire capitalism is always followed by communism. This is because unfettered greed would result in the government's fiat currency collapsing. Once the currency collapses the people in breadlines will demand MORE government not less. See you in the breadlines comrades!!

Люди в блоке хлеб линии

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Funny how Fox news is barely even mentioning the election results yesterday isn't it.

Please link where a new governor was worthy of national headlines throughout the country while Obama was President. Bet you can't.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Oh look at all the fake conservatives that voted for trump pretending this is not a big win for the democrats.

Waaaaaaa trump da is best.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Oh look at all the fake conservatives that voted for trump pretending this is not a big win for the democrats.

Again what is the big shocking win?

Winning a governorship in a State that has been Democrat for the last few cycles and replacing a Democratic Governor?

Or is it beating Christie in NJ?

Neither are exactly surprising to be honest.

But have some ticket tape parades....you actually won some races for a change.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Please link where a new governor was worthy of national headlines throughout the country while Obama was President. Bet you can't.

The reason why it's news now is practically ALL Democrats were removed from government in 2016.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Fake conservatives? I’d like to know what you mean by that.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

1000 seats lost over the previous 8 years at multiple levels of govt... I guess you got to count any flip back as a big win.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Winning a governorship in a State that has been Democrat for the last few cycles and replacing a Democratic Governor?

Nobody said anything about shocking, another win again trump is a win for the good guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Fake conservatives? I’d like to know what you mean by that.

Neocons, people who put there feels before the brains.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Nobody said anything about shocking, another win again trump is a win for the good guys.

Perhaps we are reading different threads. Your side is turning these "must wins" of State Races into some changing sea of the whole nation. None of that is accurate.

2018 will be the test. Republicans will be trying to Replace some RINOs and that will give the Dems some chances they otherwise wouldn't have, remember the Tea Party candidates that were run in the recent past. Odds are stacked against the Dems in the Senate. A lot rides on what progress is made this next year.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The democrats will never recover. The republicans will never recover.

Gold fish memory syndrome.

Anyone who thought leading up to the last election, that if the democrats won with Hillary, the result would be the republican party losing so bad that they would never be able to recover and be banished from memory, for forever and a day, leading to a forever long(plus a day) kumbaya circle....was dumb.

Anyone who thought that after Trumps victory, screaming eagles with mounted machine guns singing the national anthem would descend upon the world and do away with the democratic party. Thus fulfilling a prophesy made by a coked up George W Bush as he was sodomized during a skull and bones party.....was also dumb.

Its almost as if no one knows what a pressure valve is. Or how two party systems are designed.

edit on 8-11-2017 by karmicecstasy because: Men in black

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

the 1000 lost seats while Obama was in the white house showed the shift to the right and nearly killed the DNC, lucky for them they have the RNC to be so inept to make them look palatable again, otherwise the DNC was toast.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Perhaps we are reading different threads. Your side is turning these "must wins" of State Races into some changing sea of the whole nation. None of that is accurate.

2018 will be the test. Republicans will be trying to Replace some RINOs and that will give the Dems some chances they otherwise wouldn't have, remember the Tea Party candidates that were run in the recent past. Odds are stacked against the Dems in the Senate. A lot rides on what progress is made this next year.

I have no dog in this race, oh and in this thread, just like all political thread gets an infestation of the trumpaloompas, trying to spin anything to favor there team.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join