It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have major victories yesterday is our country shifting left

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Major victories.

More like the Democrats and the media expressing their shock that they won something.

No kidding. Never seen the Dems celebrate a governor win in a Democrat state so much. Times must be hard indeed.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
people want/need healthcare.. they believed trump would make it cheaper and better. he's an idiot for promising what he couldn't deliver.

"who ever knew healthcare was so hard" lol

They shouldn't be lacking anything. The ACA is the law of the land.

It is a super duper success and every family had their health care costs drop by an average of $2,500.00

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why would an intelligent awakened society continue to believe that making the rich even richer is good for working families? Making us little beggar dogs. That is what we have been offered by Republicans.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Personal opinion, but considering a Democrat governor was elected is making national headlines shows the desperation of the Democratic Party. Again just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Listening to NPR this am (as I always do on my commute to work) they can't decide if the Vergina elections outcome are a new trend in favor of the Democrats or if they want to point out how much Trump lost there last year.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Why does it matter? Both parties play for the same team.

Wake me when someone besides the two main parties wins. Maybe then I'll believe something has changed.

I think this is a common misconception. They play dirty but they are all playing for different teams.

Really? They all seem to have the same donors.

The power of government seems to constantly increase no matter which party is in power...

No. Some of them do, sure. its not uncommon for people to fund opposition to lead them astray either.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

We are taking a step in the right direction. All that the alt right have done is divide the country. It was not like this 2 years ago. Thanks trump. I hope something comes of Flynn, and trump gets an obstruction charge.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
LOL they lost 1000 seats at all levels while Obama was president, they got a long way to go to claim the tide has turned.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
It was not like this 2 years ago.

Right! I remember two years ago when the country was unified and we were all holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Perhaps.

I may be reading into it too much, but here are three things this could mean.

1. Maybe trump is bringing the Republican party down.

2. Maybe the dems werent as bad as it seemed in 2016, it was just people hated Hillary.

3. Perhaps the lack of republicans to get anything done in Congress is hurting them.

But I think the most likely explanation is that these were areas that were strong democrat areas anyways.

Bingo! Notice how there’s almost zero coverage from MSM about the Republican wins. Democrats won democrat strongholds and vice-versa (I will give the D the Montana win for city council or whatever it was...that part of the country is generally not known for supporting the left...
edit on 8-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

We are taking a step in the right direction. All that the alt right have done is divide the country. It was not like this 2 years ago. Thanks trump. I hope something comes of Flynn, and trump gets an obstruction charge.

Please review history. Biggest divide in US, outside of the US Civil War, occurred between 2008 and 2016...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Personal opinion, but considering a Democrat governor was elected is making national headlines shows the desperation of the Democratic Party. Again just my opinion.

Yes it seems rather odd.

Its coming to light that the dnc screwed their own voters over in the 2016 primary to put in a corrupt wealthy person who was for sell to the highest bidder.

But never mind that. The dnc won a governor seat.

Yay!!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Those states didn't vote for Trump and the GOP candidates didn't embrace Trump when campaigning. This is no big win unless they were afraid of losing where they should have won.

If anything this should scare the crap out of the GOP, they cannot win without Trump.
edit on 8-11-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The fact Democrats have to pretend these are "major victories" is a bad sign for them. They were expected to win both races, but after a long losing streak these must feel like welcome relief. Realistically means nothing for the long term though. Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They can win local elections all day but I don't see them taking congress, so at least we have that going for us...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Virginia and New Jersey are becoming bastions of communism. What gives?

Virginia rejects ‘Trumpism’ as Dems score major wins

After being completely removed from government in 2016 maybe the Democrats are making a comeback.

Anti Trump does not equal communism...get off your black/white horse. There are more centrists in the country than extremists...and that is what is showing.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
More like moving toward sanity. I don't know that the Dems can hold onto this momentum til 2018 or if I'll be here to see it so I'm going to enjoy, not the Dem victory but the hopefully hefty dose of reality that Trump supporters (not to be read as Conservatives) need.

This is what subscribing to Hannity, Alex Jones, FOX, Rush et al hyper focus on BS conspiracy theories and contrived persecution, while ignoring the very real Russia connections has achieved. This Rust Belt base has no clue how despised Trumps rhetoric/policy is.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

After being completely removed from government in 2016 maybe the Democrats are making a comeback.

Anti Trump does not equal communism...get off your black/white horse. There are more centrists in the country than extremists...and that is what is showing.

Correct, Anti-Trump does NOT = Communism. What = Communism is voting in the party that wants complete weath redistribution, open borders, dismantling of the Bill of Rights, etc. If the Dems ever regain control of the US Senate and House, it will be the beginning of the end for greatest Republic the world has known...

Now how do we get the rest to vote in these trivial elections? A Republican voter turnout equal to the Democrat one yesterday would have resulted in significantly different results. Well, Christie would have lost no matter what because of his comedy of errors over the last couple of years, no matter who voted. Seriously, though, get out the vote!
edit on 8-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

From the left perspective since this country has moved so far to the right the centrists are more like right wing Reagan Republicans. Hillary Clinton worked on Barry Goldwater's campaign in college. Hillary is a Republican.

Aside from these two loses, Republicans are pretty much in charge of everything. Practically all Democrats have been removed from every level of government in 2016. Republicans are in charge of everything.

So, NOTHING has change. Every year the rich get richer and poverty increases. Every year wealth inequality increases as the purchasing power of the median workers wage decreases.

The problems with this country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels an monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The lobbyists own the politicians. And the CEOs and cabal of billionaires own the lobbyists. Money talks, everything else is BS. Money equals speech. Money equals represention.

It really doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What DOES matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay. Wages are kept depressed because the cabal of billionaires are the only ones with representation in our government.

Corporations ARE the government

edit on 8-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

To be fair, it's been progressing this way for years but pretty much because of the same people/groups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join