It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats have major victories yesterday is our country shifting left

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Virginia and New Jersey are becoming bastions of communism. What gives?

Virginia rejects ‘Trumpism’ as Dems score major wins

After being completely removed from government in 2016 maybe the Democrats are making a comeback.
Two meaningless states do not a snowflake comeback make.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Trueman
Here in NJ is 100% Christie's fault.

Yup. That useless jackass promised me a property tax cut and then went and did next to nothing about it. All we got was a slower increase.

And a HUGE increase in gasoline taxes!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Gonna vote for the party with the best chance of winning, or for your own best interest?

Gee, I always thought you voted to try and do what was best for the country. Didn't realize that all along we were supposed to pick the winning Super Bowl team.

Well the argument I always hear is "I like the 3rd party candidate, but they don't have any chance of winning."

It's pretty clear that our government continues to become more corrupt and more adversarial to the individual citizen. Yet we keep electing those with "the best chance of winning."

We keep winning the battles, but we're losing the war.

link   

originally posted by: gernblan

After being completely removed from government in 2016 maybe the Democrats are making a comeback.

Wow! What states do you consider meaningful?

link   

And a HUGE increase in gasoline taxes!

Yeah, one of the few nice things about living in New Jersey was that someone pumped our cheap gas for us. Now it's not so cheap anymore.

But, hey, we did get a minor sales tax reduction which means they took some cash from our right pocket and put less of it back in our left pocket.

edit on 8-11-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What gives?

People are sheep, and still caught up in the illusion of choice. That's what gives. Its always like this, back and forth.. and no real clear solutions.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Considering Trump won neither state in the election ... watching them elect Democrats to govern is not a big surprise.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
What gives?

People are sheep, and still caught up in the illusion of choice. That's what gives. Its always like this, back and forth.. and no real clear solutions.

And the people who are not sheep, fully awake, engage in politics, for 30 or 40 years now, have absolutely no power to change the status quo. No matter how much awake you are, no matter how much wolf-like you are and not sheep-like, every year the rich get richer and poverty increases.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

After being completely removed from government in 2016 maybthe Democrats are making a comeback.

Considering Trump won neither state in the election ... watching them elect Democrats to govern is not a big surprise.

I still don't think you have a good respect and appreciation for New Jersey. There's something really wonderful about a state that has a 24 hour per day diner every 5 miles in every direction. And no matter what time of day you go to a New Jersey diner it's packed. It's one of the only constants in the Universe a traveler through time can count on!

btw, drunk people eating at a diner at 4 am in the morning is very entertaining.

edit on 8-11-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
New Jersey is supposed to be Democrat. But sure, claim that as a shift in politics.

Northern Virginia by DC is heavy Democrat and is starting to outweigh the rest of the somewhat conservative state.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

So because a state traditionally votes blue, I somehow think it can't have diners on its street corners?

I'm not sure how you make that connection.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7
What gives?

And the people who are not sheep, fully awake, engage in politics, for 30 or 40 years now, have absolutely no power to change the status quo. No matter how much awake you are, no matter how much wolf-like you are and not sheep-like, every year the rich get richer and poverty increases.

Not gonna deny that. It's a shame we're forced to deal with it.

The entire system is a scam. This is why I don't support it.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think the russies had the fix in?
I smell collusion

Doesn't matter whom wins in fact may be better for trump. The Dems talk a lot of junk but at least they are willing to get things done, unlike the Repubs.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Why does it matter? Both parties play for the same team.

Wake me when someone besides the two main parties wins. Maybe then I'll believe something has changed.

I think this is a common misconception. They play dirty but they are all playing for different teams.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Virginia is still considered a swing state and is generally one of the most important in any presidential election. If this election means that Virginia is now a Democrat stronghold that's going to be very troubling to the Republicans. That means 13 electoral votes the Democrats don't really have to work for and extra money that can then be spent on turning other swing states.

If you consider Virginia to be politically meaningless then you don't really have a grasp on US politics.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
I think the russies had the fix in?
I smell collusion

Doesn't matter whom wins in fact may be better for trump. The Dems talk a lot of junk but at least they are willing to get things done, unlike the Repubs.

The problem is assuming that just getting things done is good. Sometimes, if I had to pick between things being done and things not getting done, I'll pick nothing, especially when we consider the Dems track record of passing major legislation. It generally doesn't do good things.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

One could say the same about the Rust Belt though. Only it went the other way this time didn't it?

The electoral map is always changing based on how the pols address people and issues. Fact is that the beltway commuters are getting heavily invested in Northern Virginia. The political class is starting to sway Virginia elections in a big way. You can consider it a swing state in any year in which the candidates are both entrenched swamp critters.

We didn't have that this year.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Why does it matter? Both parties play for the same team.

Wake me when someone besides the two main parties wins. Maybe then I'll believe something has changed.

I think this is a common misconception. They play dirty but they are all playing for different teams.

Really? They all seem to have the same donors.

The power of government seems to constantly increase no matter which party is in power...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Major victories.

More like the Democrats and the media expressing their shock that they won something.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
people want/need healthcare.. they believed trump would make it cheaper and better. he's an idiot for promising what he couldn't deliver.

"who ever knew healthcare was so hard" lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join