It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Democrats have major victories yesterday is our country shifting left

page: 1
19
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Virginia and New Jersey are becoming bastions of communism. What gives?

Virginia rejects ‘Trumpism’ as Dems score major wins

After being completely removed from government in 2016 maybe the Democrats are making a comeback.




posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Alarm! Alarm! Democrats are winning seats back!


+8 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Why does it matter? Both parties play for the same team.

Wake me when someone besides the two main parties wins. Maybe then I'll believe something has changed.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Imagine yourself in prison. All you want is to be able to do your time and be safe. You move to one side of the prison yard and the inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food...


+19 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Perhaps.

I may be reading into it too much, but here are three things this could mean.

1. Maybe trump is bringing the Republican party down.

2. Maybe the dems werent as bad as it seemed in 2016, it was just people hated Hillary.

3. Perhaps the lack of republicans to get anything done in Congress is hurting them.


But I think the most likely explanation is that these were areas that were strong democrat areas anyways.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
whoops, forgot to go vote yesterday

good thing the votes age made up and the politicians don't matter, eh



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
Imagine yourself in prison. All you want is to be able to do your time and be safe. You move to one side of the prison yard and the inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food. Next chance you get you move back to the other side of the prison yard. The inmates there beat you and take your food...


You have 50% chance to be beaten by the blue side of the yard, a 45% of being beaten by the red side of the yard, and a 5% chance of escape, but you get to vote on it.

Gonna vote for the party with the best chance of winning, or for your own best interest?



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'll say maybe because it certainly is possible.

But this is like the fifth "must win" elections that the Dems needed to go there way; and the other 4 times after the Dems lost we where told how such indications don't really matter.


+6 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Here in NJ is 100% Christie's fault.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Considering 14 seats flipped to the Democrats, they couldn't have been that strong of areas if they were voting Republican before. This was the largest shift in power for the state since at least the Watergate era (I'm seeing some people say since 1899.)

So it's got to be more than just people voting the same way they always vote.
edit on 11/8/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/8/2017 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   


Gonna vote for the party with the best chance of winning, or for your own best interest?


Gee, I always thought you voted to try and do what was best for the country. Didn't realize that all along we were supposed to pick the winning Super Bowl team.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Grambler

Here in NJ is 100% Christie's fault.


Yep that was my feeling too.

What a train wreck he turned out to be.

Hey I might be conservative, but hopefully the new Democratic governor in Jersey does well.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Grambler

Here in NJ is 100% Christie's fault.





posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Grambler

Considering 14 seats flipped to the Democrats, they couldn't have been that strong of areas. This was the largest shift in power for the state since at least the Watergate era (I'm seeing some people say since 1899.)

So it's got to be more than just people voting the same way they always vote.


Somewhat true.

But the demographics of Virginia have been rapidly changing.

The wealthier part of the state that has many federal employees has gain rapidly, and as such has been pushing Virginia to be more and more blue.

But perhaps there is a ride turning, who knows.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: dfnj2015

2. Maybe the dems werent as bad as it seemed in 2016, it was just people hated Hillary.



Practically the entire Democratic party was removed from government. I think it was pretty bad.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Many of Virginia's richest counties are that way because of federal employees, and they are voting blue. It has shifted the demographics of the state.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Grambler

Here in NJ is 100% Christie's fault.

If the governor of New Jersey dares to sit in the owner's box with Jerry Jones at a Cowboys game wearing a Cowboys jersey he is a stupid loaf.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Why does it matter? Both parties play for the same team.

Wake me when someone besides the two main parties wins. Maybe then I'll believe something has changed.


I agree. Just like I've been saying with Trump all along. NOTHING will change. The rich will get richer, poverty will increase, and the purchasing power of the median worker's wage will decrease. Same old same old. The MAGA continues.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Virginia went for Hillary in 2016. So it is entirely possible that what ever movement last nights elections are supposed to indicate has already occurred and it wasn't enough in the 2016 elections, and only an indication of where Virgina is at and not a beromitter of the rest of the country.



posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Here in NJ is 100% Christie's fault.


Yup. That useless jackass promised me a property tax cut and then went and did next to nothing about it. All we got was a slower increase.



new topics

top topics



 
19
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join