It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November 8th a New Holiday! MAGA DAY!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

NO...but it goes GOOD with CERTAIN strains of...

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

When does the party end and the work begin? Sure, be happy your guy won, or in my case, the woman who I shall not name, lost.

I don't like Trump. I've never, ever made a secret of that. But he won. I got over it a few days after the election. Cool. Now comes the time to get things done.

What I'm seeing is this--feel free to disagree, if you want--I see a year of gloating, never a pleasant thing to witness. Or, I see useless pandering to the fringe beliefs of the party out of power. Instead of that party, which is my party by the way, sitting down and asking "Perhaps we got something wrong." I see them doubling down on what lost them the elections. Not just the Oval Office, but Senate seats, seats in the House, Governors mansions, and state houses.

One side needs to stop gloating, it really isn't a flattering look, folks...

The other needs to stop acting like the winner is the second coming of Hitler...he isn't, people. Grow the # up, seriously.

Or...

Y'all can continue on with the nonsense, and wonder, further down the road, what the Hell happened. Because politics are cycles. I can remember when it would have been unheard of for the GOP to control the House--the Senate, maybe--but never for long--but the House? Never.

Now, the GOP needs to shut it, and get to work. That means y'all that voted for him, too. You need to let your guys and gals know just what it is you want done--since I'm assuming here that you want what Trump told you he'd do, you voted for him after all--and that means working with the President, not sabotaging him in the back room. That's his supporters.

His opposition? Perhaps if y'all swung a bit more towards the middle, you'd be a bit more successful? Doubling down on what lost the Oval Office, both houses of Congress, etc... ain't exactly swinging back towards the center. That's where I am, at least for the most part, waiting for my party to come back to me.

Grasshopper or the ant. Party on and gloat about the past, or get to work and make sure there'll still be reason to party in three years. Midterms are coming. May I suggest a bit less gloating, and a bit more work? Or not. Whatever.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I learned 3 things this year.

1. Trump really is an outsider hated by the establishment.

2. Republicans in congress are no different than democrats.

3. If you're a fat man dressing as Black Widow for Halloween, always remember that the Russian accent sells it.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, he actually is. That's why several in the GOP controlled Congress have turned on him. Not that they ever really supported him.

No, they are not much different at all. Only in name, though that wasn't as much the case back when I first entered into the game of Kings, but now, with so much catering to fringe elements with in both parties, they've become mirror images of each other. ...and all too many have bought into it.

Umm...I don't even have a response for that.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I learned 3 things this year.

1. Trump really is an outsider hated by the establishment.

2. Republicans in congress are no different than democrats.

3. If you're a fat man dressing as Black Widow for Halloween, always remember that the Russian accent sells it.

My three:

1. Trump can BARLEY read and is LIKELY illiterate

2. Trump has been LAUNDERING dirty Russian money through real estate

3. Trump has FAILED at just about ANYTHING he's ever touched outside of "reality TV".

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

So I take it that you might not vote for him in 2020?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Well, Happy MAGA Day, then!!

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Of course he is.

I'm sure.

Keep tellin' yourself that.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

1. Trump can BARLEY read and is LIKELY illiterate

*Snort*

Obviously you didn't listen to the President's speech in Korea.

One of the most powerful speeches from any President since JFK and the founding fathers.

Have a dictionary ready just in case...

edit on 5237Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: still laughing

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
Thank you ATS for celebrating Trump's victory one year ago!
Be here, or be nowhere.

Happy MAGA Day ! 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

People Who Laughed at Trump ...and said he would never be President

The Biggest Media Meltdowns to Trump's Win

these will NEVER EVER get old
john oliver and barak getting embarrassed is priceless

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: DJW001

I guess you are against draft dogers and anti war protests.....

Its not like most people in the country were happy to be at war with Vietnam or even believed the lies coming from DC. Trump like most Americans tried to avoid killing peasant farmers in the name of the US gov.

No, he used his rich white man privilege to avoid putting his rich white butt on the line. He shows no compunction about potentially killing millions of Koreans because their leader won't do what he tells him to do. The man is morally bankrupt.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yeah, thats off base. Lets just say I dont agree with that assessment and havent heard a convincing argument along those lines yet.

edit on 11 8 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I dont take issue with what you say. I dont think gloating helps anyone. I may disagree with what is gloating IMO, but agree that there is always a better way to deal with the subject than is often taken.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

When does the party end and the work begin? Sure, be happy your guy won, or in my case, the woman who I shall not name, lost.

I don't like Trump. I've never, ever made a secret of that. But he won. I got over it a few days after the election. Cool. Now comes the time to get things done.

What I'm seeing is this--feel free to disagree, if you want--I see a year of gloating, never a pleasant thing to witness. Or, I see useless pandering to the fringe beliefs of the party out of power. Instead of that party, which is my party by the way, sitting down and asking "Perhaps we got something wrong." I see them doubling down on what lost them the elections. Not just the Oval Office, but Senate seats, seats in the House, Governors mansions, and state houses.

One side needs to stop gloating, it really isn't a flattering look, folks...

The other needs to stop acting like the winner is the second coming of Hitler...he isn't, people. Grow the # up, seriously.

Or...

Y'all can continue on with the nonsense, and wonder, further down the road, what the Hell happened. Because politics are cycles. I can remember when it would have been unheard of for the GOP to control the House--the Senate, maybe--but never for long--but the House? Never.

Now, the GOP needs to shut it, and get to work. That means y'all that voted for him, too. You need to let your guys and gals know just what it is you want done--since I'm assuming here that you want what Trump told you he'd do, you voted for him after all--and that means working with the President, not sabotaging him in the back room. That's his supporters.

His opposition? Perhaps if y'all swung a bit more towards the middle, you'd be a bit more successful? Doubling down on what lost the Oval Office, both houses of Congress, etc... ain't exactly swinging back towards the center. That's where I am, at least for the most part, waiting for my party to come back to me.

Grasshopper or the ant. Party on and gloat about the past, or get to work and make sure there'll still be reason to party in three years. Midterms are coming. May I suggest a bit less gloating, and a bit more work? Or not. Whatever.

That was well written. It's an excellent recipe for success, both for getting government functioning again and getting the Democratic party to re-think its goals and methods. That's why it will never be implemented.

I'm with you out there in the "no man's land" of political moderation. Libs are too far left, and the Cons are way too far right. There comes a time when we all have to grow-up and cast off the chains of ideology and magical thinking.

-dex

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is likely what the Democratic party remembers it felt like on this day

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In honor of all who served.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Forget not the 2nd meme war comrade!

edit on 11 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...
So 1 year ago today this is what we got...
Headlines the "clinton cult" thought would never happen.

The New York Times ran the headline "Trump Triumphs." As for the New York Daily News, a newspaper critical of Trump throughout his campaign, it showcased a front page that read "House of Horrors" with an upside down American flag -- a signal of distress.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This how snowflake liberals reacted to MAGA DAY.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I had not seen that video before now. Excellent Production! Thank-you for posting it TadaMan!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join