It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't need to know about it.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Meghan McCain grills Donna Brazile on the dirty dossier the DNC helped bankroll – and former party boss says she was told days before the election she 'did not need to know' about it

Former interim Democratic Party boss Donna Brazile says she asked about the origins of the infamous 'dirty dossier' just days before the 2016 election and was told she 'did not need to know' about it.

The questioning follows revelations that the dossier, which was first funded by a GOP donor, later got funded through Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC payments – although those payments were obscured by going through Marc Elias, a lawyer for both entities.

'I asked one question on November 4th and I was told that I did not need to know. And so no, I did not know,' Brazile said. 'Because I did not control my money.'

More from Donna. She definitely seems to have taken a stand.

Fascinating how poorly they seemed to have treated her.

But here's what's very interesting about this interview. The public didn't learn about the dossier until January 10th, when CNN first reported about it and when BuzzFeed published it.

www.theverge.com...

But Donna spoke to HRC on November 4th about it?

When did Donna learn about the dossier and under what circumstances???

edit on 8-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Why in the hell should we trust her now?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Would you rather trust Hillary?

She still doesn't know 'what happened'.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Well, she WAS thrown under the bus and forced to resign. It's not unreasonable.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Actually, according to this timeline, MJ published the fact that the dossier existed first on October 31 and that it was in possession of the FBI.

Late October 2016: Mother Jones reporter briefed by Steele via Skype, according to court documents.

End of October 2016: Democrats end their funding for Fusion GPS, according to the Washington Post.

October 30, 2016: Then-Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) writes letter to then-FBI Director James Comey in which he says that in their conversations and in conversations with other top national security officials, it had “become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government.” A former Reid spokesman would go on to Tweet, after the dossier became public, that dossier was what Reid was referring to when he wrote the letter.

October 31, 2016: Mother Jones’ David Corn publishes his major scoop on the dossier, presumably based on his conversations with Steele: “A Veteran Spy Has Given the FBI Information Alleging a Russian Operation to Cultivate Donald Trump.” In it, he says that a “former senior intelligence officer for a Western country” had told MoJo that it had provided the FBI “with memos, based on his recent interactions with Russian sources, contending the Russian government has for years tried to co-opt and assist Trump—and that the FBI requested more information from him.” The timeline offered by Corn in the story matches what has since been presented in court documents. Corn also writes that the ex-spy’s work was for an oppo project originally financed by a GOP client, but that the funding was taken over by a “client allied with Democrats” before the former spy was retained to work on it.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Why would Donna start with the assumption she should ask the HRC campaign about it four days later??? At that point very little was known about the dossier other than that the FBI and a foreign spy was involved and that memos were delivered.

www.motherjones.com...

What makes the DNC chair suddenly decide based on that article to ask whether HRC or DNC are involved?

edit on 8-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Also, she's not a big enough fish to be protected, and obviously had issues with the campaign. By dropping all the information she was just a figurehead and not in control of operations or finances, she absolves herself of any legal or ethical concerns later (like "laundering" the money from the DNC through the lawyers to hide the money trail on the dossier).
And before anyone says, "that's all the more reason for her to lie", she produced the document detailing that Brooklyn had control of everything. The campaign doesn't argue that it was real, they just tried to make it sound " normal".

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Trump happened and nobody knows why and nobody knows what happened.
All we know is we are in for a long fun ride.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Democrats knew about the dossier before it became public in January. Clinton made several references on twitter leading up to the end of October dropping "clues" about Trump and Russia collusion.. The wrench in the gears was no main msm wanted to run the story because nothing in the dossier could be confirmed.

As for Brazile I am thinking she got duped by Clinton and others in the DNC and when she took over it continued. She looked and found the evidence but opted not to "kill the patient" as she said.

I would wager that the straw that broke the camels back was Clinton blaming everyone but herself for her loss coupled with how she and others treated Brazile. I would wager her intent to is "save" the Democratic party from the "cancer" that currently infects it.

I would also wager that when the new indictments are unsealed it will contain Democrat names in it and there are people who may wish to distance themselves from that train wreck. Brazile may be doing this as well.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Meghan McCain probably knew as much about it as Brazile did.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I wouldn't trust either of them. And I highly doubt that suddenly Brazile has picked up morals and is telling all. Clearly she's doing it to get lenience or forgiveness for who knows what. She had plenty of opportunity to grow a backbone and walk away from the corruption when she was in the middle of it. She and Hillary are both corrupt and law-breaking people.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
From what I gather from people inside the party, the DNC was millions in the hole and ripe for Hillary to sweep in, offer to bankroll them in exchange for having some say in the party direction.

This didn't mean that Bernie couldn't have won the primary. It certainly didn't make it easier for Bernie, but if he had won, they would have supported him.

That said, my sources say there was some shady stuff that went down the morning of the primary vote. Apparently not all of Hillary's people showed up on time for the vote, which meant she wasn't going to have enough votes to win. Magically, the vote got postponed until all the Hillary delegates could show up.

*shrug* it is what it is, and the party is moving forward. Democrats are more united now on just taking back seats and winning elections more than arguing over Hillary and the stuff within the DNC. I've never seen Democrats more united, and setting aside petty differences than ever...OK well, maybe during Obama's first run for the White House, that was pretty epic too.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I wouldn't trust either of them. And I highly doubt that suddenly Brazile has picked up morals and is telling all. Clearly she's doing it to get lenience or forgiveness for who knows what. She had plenty of opportunity to grow a backbone and walk away from the corruption when she was in the middle of it. She and Hillary are both corrupt and law-breaking people.

Her conversation with Sanders makes sense in a political way though. "I found the cancer but im not willing to kill the patient" (paraphrasing).

Which is worse if you were in Braziles position?
* - Outing Clinton and her corruption before the election which would have not only led to trumps victory but could have had massive negative impact on other democrats running who would get tagged with guilt by association. We need to remember that Democrats believed they had won the 2016 election from day 1. If Brazile released that info she would have been blamed for the loss.

* - Keep quiet knowing Clinton would win and try and deal with it internally without media poking around?

When clinton lost there was really nothing Brazile could do but defend herself from Clintons attack. Clinton has no future in Democratic politics so now would be the ideal time to kill the cancer. 1 year before the midterms and 3 years from the next Presidential election. A large block of time to get their house in order.

I dont think she expected the push back though from Democrats loyal to Clinton. A lot of Democrats are where they are because of the Clinton's and their money / political connections. Turning on the Clintons can still be fatal for those who want to keep their seats.

Brazile got caught giving debate questions to clinton. Again the mindset was she would win and no one would find out. So the other possibility is what most of us think - the rats are jumping ship and dont want to be the last person holding the goods.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Trump happened and nobody knows why and nobody knows what happened.

Most of us on ATS know exactly what happened and why.

The fact you still don't means you can't empathize with his voters.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes. Somehow a reality TV show personality managed to get the rural voters of America to stage a coup.

That is essentially what happened.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Until this month, I thought the official DNC/HRC position was they knew nothing about it's origins.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Yes. Somehow a reality TV show personality managed to get the rural voters of America to stage a coup.

So when 'rural voters' have the audacity to actually vote, it's staging a coup? But when democratic voters are bused to the polls its exercising their American franchise?

Spooky how you can make such a flippant remark and not even realize how ridiculous and offensive it sounds.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Do you realize that we have never seen so many people like you be so depressed a criminal was beaten in an election? Only a child like mind could not understand the fact the Clinton's and a lot of others in their circle are pure haters and are pointing fingers at others for their crimes while three of their five fingers point at themselves. Sure the R's nd Trump are not perfect but Nixon's Watergate pales in compassion to the Clinton scandals.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Until this month, I thought the official DNC/HRC position was they knew nothing about it's origins.

Yup - in the real world we would call that a lie.

In Democrat / Clinton land its called the amnesia denial defense.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You make good points; Brazile was in a bad spot.

It's also making excuses for her. I think I must have less compassion than you do because even with the crappy position she was in, I think she was wrong and corrupt right along with Clinton.

new topics

top topics

join