It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bump stocks used by Las Vegas gunman are for sale again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
This is insane and disgusting and really upsets me. Instead of outlawing these murder devices, which have no legitimate user whatsoever, our country is letting the company sell them again so any other gun nut that wants to kill a bunch of people can easily do it. These should be outlawed first of all, and anyone who supports the continued sale and ownership of these death tools is an immoral degenerate who doesn't deserve to live in my opinion, and they definitely don't deserve to ever utter the lie "pro life" again.

Bump stocks used by Las Vegas gunman are for sale again

www.nydailynews.com...

Communist agree. Exterminate these people who won't get with the program!

The Soviet Union appears the greatest mega-murderer of all, apparently killing near 61,000,000 people.

edit on 7-11-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: TheLead

Also the better 3D printing gets, the less of an issue gun control will be as people will just print guns

That sounds like a good reason to insure all 3D printing should be controlled by the squeaky clean hands of the government.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: xuenchen
Time to stock up before the price bumps up.

Can I get one at Farm and Fleet?

Probably can !!

They sell "hunting" supplies.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: CB328

If every gun rampage from now on used bump stocks lives would be saved.

They're not the problem they're made out to be.

If anything we should encourage add ons that reduce accuracy.

"Add ons that reduce accuracy" You nailed that one to the wall and experienced shooters would agree!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

We must continue to fight for common sense rental truck regulations. Mandatory waiting periods and background checks before rental truck purchases. We need 'rental truck free zones'. We need to ban automatic, assault rental trucks. No one ‘needs’ an automatic rental truck or a high capacity box truck with bumpers. We must close the “truck show loophole” and establish a universal background check system for truck rentals. We have technology that can limit the speed of rental trucks to minimize danger to the public. The right to keep and rent trucks only refers to organized well regulated fleets, not individual truck rentals. Civilians should not have access to the same fleet grade rental trucks that professionals use

Do you see how ridiculous the gun control argument is when you replace with another mass killing machine that is the choice of terrorists?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A rifle can be used for good, bad, or indifferent, I got my first one, a 22 Remington, for my 7th birthday. I have owned dozens and I have never harmed anyone. So don't blame the rifle.

I have tested a bump stock and I find it to be a pos as compared to a high quality select fire AR. I have also listen to the digital recordings of the LV shooting, I am not convinced it was a AR -15 at all. To me it sounded more like the slower AK-47 or perhaps a AR-10. Both of those are 7.62 mm as opposed to the 15's 5.56mm. It's a distantly different sound, with a different rate of fire.
Perhaps it's just me, but the story gets harder to believe everyday.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I hear bump stocks cant be fired from a bipod. Meaning their accuracy is for shizzle. Not to mention varied fire rates from start to finish of each mag, and from mag to mag iteration.

the firing from prone using a bipod is not true, the varying rate is.

here are two videos, more out there.

seem like he's on target to me

and another rpk,

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Then there is this-----

dailycaller.com...

Joe Biden says “And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”

So we don't have the time or resources to enforce existing gun laws, but we need new ones?

Also heard today Sen. Flake and a Democrat Senator are proposing a bill that would make it illegal for anyone convicted of domestic abuse to own a fire arm, only problem with that is that law already exists and is called the Lautenberg amendment. Honestly the level of ignorance in our politicians is astounding. And some want to give them total power and our guns.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

Then there is this-----

dailycaller.com...

Joe Biden says “And to your point, Mr. Baker, regarding the lack of prosecutions on lying on Form 4473s, we simply don’t have the time or manpower to prosecute everybody who lies on a form, that checks a wrong box, that answers a question inaccurately.”

So we don't have the time or resources to enforce existing gun laws, but we need new ones?

Also heard today Sen. Flake and a Democrat Senator are proposing a bill that would make it illegal for anyone convicted of domestic abuse to own a fire arm, only problem with that is that law already exists and is called the Lautenberg amendment. Honestly the level of ignorance in our politicians is astounding. And some want to give them total power and our guns.

No Doubt.

That is insane. They want arrest numbers... here ya go.... go get them ATF!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

I feel the same way, from the 1st I heard it I was thinking .30 cal. IE..308, .762 etc...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

You can’t talk common sense to people who have none, besides the fact we have no proof that’s what he used, infact we don’t have anymore answers than we did the week it happened. To me that’s the most disturbing

As to the OP. ....Don’t mind him, the op has a history of hit and run posting in threads, and making inflamitory posts a accusations , then either leaving the thread completely, or not responding to posts when engaged...

He’s been a troll on here for years, I don’t think he believes anything he says, just check his history

He probably won’t post again in his own thread

edit on 11/7/2017 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

REALLY? So bump stocks are going out on their own killing people? You all focus on the wrong thing. 600 homicides in Chicago this year and amazingly not 1 bump stock used. Last week when nut job killed 26 people in the church 29 people were shot in Chicago but you only want to talk about that and bump stocks because Chicago does not further your narrative you are trying to push.

And you rail on about violence and killing then say people that don't think like you should be killed. Nice way to be a hypocrite.

How many people are actually being killed..is that what you are saying?

The FBI has the stats that they have, it might not be comprehensive since all states don't volunteer the figures.
The NRA pushes gun criminals as the evil, and that guns prevent crime, but you might be surprised just how many people are killed by those known to them, by accident or suicide...probably much higher than most people think, bump stock or no bump stock.
The NRA promotes gun owning for those companies that make them, those companies promote the NRA to fund lobbyists...a $ for each gun sold I believe...that is sick.
Adam Lansing and his mother had NRA membership cards...the NRA said they didn't issue membership cards when talking to the press on that incident, and criticised authorities for leaking info then...their website says they do.
It seems like some people think that an NRA member never killed anybody..ever, that's not true either.
There's a lot of stuff people don't like to talk about, or even think about it really.
In a way, even your comparison of victims shows that the near same number of people were killed by one shooter, as were killed by an unknown number of shooters, without giving the circumstances at all, that only muddies the waters.
Let's be truthful about things, even if it hurts.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Oh I am 100% truthful about things

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Funny thing about the extreme left wingers is they are the ones screaming our President is an authoritarian, fascist, tyrant, yet they want to hand all the guns in to the very same government.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Were they ever not for sale?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh I am 100% truthful about things

I don't think so, you made a bad comparison, how could that be accidental.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think that the OP should have went so far in what he/she said, but the main thrust is something for people to think about, and don't forget that the NRA is a propaganda machine now that is far removed from it's original intentions.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I made a valid comparison

And I never brought up the NRA you are trying to move the goalposts to this being about the NRA now? Ask yourself this, if someone is willing to break the law against murdering people, do you think they will follow ANY gun control law we pass? Why don't you guys on the left say what you really want and that is a complete ban on guns?
edit on 7-11-2017 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Funny thing about the extreme left wingers is they are the ones screaming our President is an authoritarian, fascist, tyrant, yet they want to hand all the guns in to the very same government.

And to be enforced in an authoritarian manner...

It’s not that they don’t see it, it’s that it’s ok as long is it’s in line with what THEY want.

What they seem to forget (how could they now Trump is president) that the pendulum always swings the other direction

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What propaganda are they promoting? I’m generally interested because I have not seen this yet

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Oh look another unhinged leftist moron telling us all that disagree with him that we shouldn’t be allowed to live.

You’re the reason we have a second amendment. Dude like you ever gets into power our lives would be on the line.

You don’t want anyone to have guns because you think everyone is as nuts as you are.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join