It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick flair 30 for 30

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Whooooo!

Wrestler Rick flair will be featured on the ESPN show 30 for 30 tonight.
This is probably the only time in over a year that I will be missing my satellite service.

I grew up watching the styling, profiling, rolex wearing son of a gun.
To be the man , ya gotta beat the man....whooo!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Well, that explains it....it all makes sense now.

Wrestling is male soap-operas...just saying!

ETA:

On a serious note I saw him live in Perry, GA during the late 80s or early 90s...

I had a crappy view though from my bad seat.
edit on 7-11-2017 by WhereAmEYE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Whooooo!

Wrestler Rick flair will be featured on the ESPN show 30 for 30 tonight.
This is probably the only time in over a year that I will be missing my satellite service.

I have no idea what that is but Flair is a legend.

He knew how to be a good guy but he was far better as a heel and I will never get tired of his prat falls.

Did you know that he takes a back body drop wrong and always lands on one side because he survived a plane crash? Most people would take it easy after an accident like that but carried on wrestling into his 60's

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhereAmEYE

Well, that explains it....it all makes sense now.

Wrestling is male soap-operas...just saying!

Yep a soap opera with cool fights and sexy ladies sometimes wrestling in ice cream.

What's your point?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I wrestle with the idea of ice cream every day, its effin cold that ice cream and why can't cones come with sprinkles in the middle and outside, sprinkles on the outside only disappear fast wtf????

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
For all you wrestling fans

Great song. Awesome album.

Heel Turn 2

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Don't forget "Limousine Ridin'"! Woooooooo

and the Elbow drops to the mat when he gets fired up, and nobody is even there.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Go ruin somebody else's childhood.....

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Got to shake his hand when WWE came to Perth a few years ago...might be 10 years now.

Think it was when he was teamed up with Randy Orton and HHH, so hugely popular and the city was ringing out with “Wooooooo’s”all night

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
dude, i was about to go post this!
i saw him wrestle in albany new york, 1 hour time limit. you would think it would be boring, it was awesome.

then i met the nature boy at the licensing show in nyc!

cant wait.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I was a little sad to read some of the transcript from the show. I have good memories of watching him as a kid, but man his demons run pretty damn deep. Alcoholism, absentee father, crappy husband, womanizer, broke, hell Shawn Michaels was quoted as saying he doesn't think Ric Flair knows who "Richard Fliehr" is or how to be "Richard Fliehr." He's lived his life as the character so deeply that it's pretty much all he has and all he knows how to do. That's sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
I was a little sad to read some of the transcript from the show. I have good memories of watching him as a kid, but man his demons run pretty damn deep. Alcoholism, absentee father, crappy husband, womanizer, broke, hell Shawn Michaels was quoted as saying he doesn't think Ric Flair knows who "Richard Fliehr" is or how to be "Richard Fliehr." He's lived his life as the character so deeply that it's pretty much all he has and all he knows how to do. That's sad.

The same can be said for a lot of the great pro wrestlers. Jake the snake in particular but guys like Terry Funk Shaun Michals and lots more had issues seperating the life and real life at some points.

Ultimate warrior changed his name to the ultimate warrior and went bonkers.

Then look at all the premature deaths the industry has had due to substance abuse and suicide.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Not so sad.

Think about all the people whos job is integral to their identity. "I'm a major in the army." That's nice, but you've spent a lot of your life being what someone else wanted you to be. "I'm Dr. Smith." Cool, it took a lot of hard work to get where you are and you should be proud of that. "I'm John Jones, executive VP of Mega Corp Inc." Great, sounds like you've really got it made in life.

But I'll bet no woman has ever asked Ric Flair, "So, what do you do for a living?" His living was being who he was. As Sinatra would say, he did it his way. Even though some of his demons got the better of him, there are worse ways to spend your life.

new topics

top topics

join