It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hell is Here' for burning elephants in award-winning photo

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And the grocery aspect was to show how illogical hunting can be in the first place.

Also its not illogical to hunt if you don't have the luxuries of a grocery store. You think everyone that lives in the US has a Vons, Albertsons, Stater bros in their backyard? Come on seriously just stop with your nonsense.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

I would like to point out as well, have seen way too many examples of cruelty at dairy farms, or chicken farms/processing facilities..etc, to suggest it's less cruel for the animals in an industrial meat situation is pretty laughable..live life in a cage and then get in line to be slaughtered, seeing whats about to happen.

Trophy hunters can suck it hard though..no excuse for those a'holes.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

The OP was not about hunters or the US to begin with, you brought up hunters and the US. It simply shows a mob of people throwing objects that cause bodily harm, and running in the opposite direction. So already the first page you tried to drift the subject matter at hand to something more grand.

And you failed.

Yes, I brought up hunters to highlight the hypocrisy in this selective outrage.

Some seem to have gotten the point.

Others have not. Perhaps they are one of the hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

And the grocery aspect was to show how illogical hunting can be in the first place.

Also its not illogical to hunt if you don't have the luxuries of a grocery store. You think everyone that lives in the US has a Vons, Albertsons, Stater bros in their backyard? Come on seriously just stop with your nonsense.

The majority do have a store in their back yard.

For the few that do not, I can see why they would hunt.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

But why is it less cruel in an industrialised situation? it may be more cruel in my opinion, it may be sanitised but don't think for a minute that industrialised have a less cruel life.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hunting tends to be way more humane than supporting factory farms.

I, like most people, shop for my food at the store, but it would certainly be better for both the environment and for the general suffering of wildlife if I consumed animals that lived and died free.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

But why is it less cruel in an industrialised situation? it may be more cruel in my opinion, it may be sanitised but don't think for a minute that industrialised have a less cruel life.

The conditions you speak of have been exposed many times over and the industry as a whole is changing it's practices.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The OP isn't about farm animals raised in mass quantities held in captivity then butchered. The OP isn't about the US. The OP is showing a depiction of 2 elephants being hurt by a huge mob, and running in the opposite direction. Meaning they are showing that they have no intentions on getting on with the kill quickly but instead brutally torturing them. You and introvert could make a new thread that deals with the cruelty toward animals in the US.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

No it's not changed that much, every month or so I see a new incident, but I guess it makes you feel better to think so.
I'm not a hunter either btw..just trying to understand where the hell you're coming from..I understand you think it's acceptable because the consumer is insulated from it but I don't think a lot has changed.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I have made several comment on the elephant

Anyway what's your problem? you responded to Introverts post just the same.
I'm out anyway.
edit on 8-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
It just depends on your perspective, I guess. I think kangaroos are cute animals with all their hopping and carrying their cute little babies around in a pouch. If I was an Australian farmer, though, and had these things stomping and eating my crops like large, cute locusts, blasting them with a shotgun might be the only thing I could see they'd be good for.

A wild animal the size of a house? I might think they're fun in circuses, but I sure wouldn't want one stomping around in my back yard.

But go ahead and feel free to judge other cultures as more backward and primitive than your own. It's basic human behavior since forever.

What burning animals/people alive? I guess you're right, but it doesn't make it right, and thankfully most people aren't guilty of these outrages. So I wouldn't say it was basic human behaviour either. More like psychopathic behaviour.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Those that hunt animals for food are sick #ers that do it for fun...without any logical justification...

What hatred? Would you not agree that those that hunt for fun are sick in the head?

Out of curiosity, do you eat meat?

There are plenty of logical justifications for hunting your own game. I've listed but a few here in this thread. If they are hunting for food, there is nothing sick about it. I get it, it's your opinion.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I have made several comment on the elephant

Anyway what's your problem? you responded to Introverts post just the same.
I'm out anyway.

My apologies for being snarly..this thread is heartbreaking, and we were straying off topic.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Wow plenty of disturbing, depressing threads on ats right now.
That's enough internet for me tonight.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Wow...are you actually allowed to bait your hunt area?

I'm so mean spirited since I loved it when my ex was caught baiting a field one elk season for a couple of hunters he was guiding, got caught and fined $150,000! Alas...he didn't live long enough after that to either pay the fine or go to jail for it...just the thought of a fine that huge probably contributed heavily to the stroke or heart attack that took God's Gift To Women out! Karma....

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

these wicked people should be identified and rounded up then thrown in jail and made to clean up elephant poo for the rest of their miserable lives

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join