It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hell is Here' for burning elephants in award-winning photo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well I posted a video above that shows how US forces set up civilians for death in IRAQ. I don't wish any karma on them. Just that they should be held accountable in a court of law as per the "Laws of Conduct in War"

Maybe that is a form of Karma, for those that have no belief in it?.. you do wrong and you will suffer for it.

So much wrong in this world..I'm so tired of it, many beautiful things too..hard to think about those thing's right now though.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Cheaper than ammo, licenses, maintenance, firearms, gear and gas. Point being, I provided a source more than half as expensive as yours.

Ammo 20
License 31
Maint 5 (every few years)
Firearm 400 ( could be cheaper)
Gear (hunters orange) 100 (lets go big!)
Gas Lets say 100 every season.
$656 vs $800 for a side of beef.

Getting my point?

Wow. Didn't know firearms or bows emitted heat to keep one warm while sitting in a stand at -10 degrees. They must be some new nuclear technology that I've never heard about.

Assuming you're hunting in the state you live, having the warm clothing shouldn't be an issue.

It is. You've even conceded on major points that bring the cost well beyond what could be achieved through the supermarket. Especially considering that even hunters have to go to the supermarket.

It's not as I've shown and that's just for the beef. Hunting for your own meat can be cheaper than buying beef. Regardless of the "ifs."

However, this was never the point of the thread and we are way off topic. You don't have to hunt, you don't have to like hunters. Fact is they aren't even in the same vein as those who commit animal cruelty.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2017 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Ammo 20 License 31 Maint 5 (every few years) Firearm 400 ( could be cheaper) Gear (hunters orange) 100 (lets go big!) Gas Lets say 100 every season. $656 vs $800 for a side of beef. Getting my point?

Ya. You're wasting your time and money.

A side of beef usually weighs about 300 lbs.

What does half a deer weigh?

Assuming you're hunting in the state you live, having the warm clothing shouldn't be an issue.

Still a cost worth consideration.

However, this was never the point of the thread and we are way off topic. You don't have to hunt, you don't have to like hunters. Fact is they aren't even in the same vein as those who commit animal cruelty.

True.

Those that commit animal cruelty are sick #ers that do it for fun, without any logical justification.

Those that hunt animals for food are sick #ers that do it for fun...without any logical justification...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Ammo 20 License 31 Maint 5 (every few years) Firearm 400 ( could be cheaper) Gear (hunters orange) 100 (lets go big!) Gas Lets say 100 every season. $656 vs $800 for a side of beef. Getting my point?

Ya. You're wasting your time and money.

A side of beef usually weighs about 300 lbs.

What does half a deer weigh?

Still a cost worth consideration.

True.

Those that commit animal cruelty are sick #ers that do it for fun, without any logical justification.

Those that hunt animals for food are sick #ers that do it for fun...without any logical justification...

How does hunting for ones food make them a "sick effer" enlighten me. Starving to death versus hunting or shopping for your meat in a grocery store where someone killed and processed and packaged you nice little package for you to take home makes you more civilized how????

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Because it lets him draw a moral equivalence.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Oh, I see. You made the hunting argument to justify a hatred. More of this and it is a problem.

I've proven you wrong but by all means. Feel free to keep up your unabashed hatred for things that don't make logical sense.

That's too bad, seriously. I see more and more people on ATS whom I've come to respect completely fall off the logic wagon in exchange for some universally accepted hatred.

Good day Introvert.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
GOD ALMIGHTY!! You can see the little one's mouth open and I can just hear it SCREAMING in the pain it has to be suffering as it's following what i would think is its mother! I've seen it written that you can judge people by how they treat animals...and in this case I can see how accurate the disgust that borders on sheer HATRED I read about almost daily...the so-called "honor killings", rape and impregnation of 10 year old girls by their uncles, blatant refusal to use the THOUSANDS of toilets available to them in lieu of using any spot in full view of others, the open acknowledgement of women who admit on camera to having murdered (in one case) 7 of her babies because they were UNWANTED NOTHINGS...only females and only stopped when she popped out a WONDERFUL, WANTED son...and the list goes on and on and on, seemingly NEVER ENDING!

What the hell does this picture say about those people...I hesitate to answer, because I will be BANNED!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Not much difference between what these idiots are doing and what the hunters do everyday here in the US.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't continue to hijack my thread.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the behavior of the Chimpanzee's closest living relative.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

So much wrong in this world..I'm so tired of it, many beautiful things too..hard to think about those thing's right now though.

True, but it all comes back to what one focus';s upon. Stay strong and see there is still much beauty out there and many examples of love and kindness.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Its on page 1 - what hunters do in India compared to hunting for sport/food in the USA; seeing this an US site and quite a few posters have stated how sickening this is.

I think Introvert brings up valid point of hunting down animals when the cost benefit doesn't add up and we are left to conclude that a lot of the times hunting becomes a sport.

I think the word hijack is an exaggeration as to the topic at hand, namely hunting animals.

I noticed you have not called out posters who have called for mutilation and death of the Indians involved.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

How does hunting for ones food make them a "sick effer" enlighten me. Starving to death versus hunting or shopping for your meat in a grocery store where someone killed and processed and packaged you nice little package for you to take home makes you more civilized how????

If it does not make financial sense to hunt, they must be doing it for fun.

That's sick.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Oh, I see. You made the hunting argument to justify a hatred. More of this and it is a problem.

What hatred? Would you not agree that those that hunt for fun are sick in the head?

I've proven you wrong but by all means. Feel free to keep up your unabashed hatred for things that don't make logical sense.

You've proven nothing.

That's too bad, seriously. I see more and more people on ATS whom I've come to respect completely fall off the logic wagon in exchange for some universally accepted hatred.

What's with this hatred nonsense?

That seems to have become a trigger word used to shut down a debate.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Not much difference between what these idiots are doing and what the hunters do everyday here in the US.

I would appreciate it if you wouldn't continue to hijack my thread.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.

How did I hijack it?

Would you not agree that hunting animals for fun is sick and twisted, as it is for those people to do what they did to this elephant?

Isn't it interesting how hypocritical people can be and how they can feign outrage in one instance, yet justify the cruelty in another?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can see where this is definitely going. Hunting animals is cruel period, to hunt animals we use weaponry whether it be bows, rifles, or even fishing poles now because apparently fishing is a sport, and its cruel to fish. Let's just get rid of our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, and do what these guys are doing by throwing hot tar molotovs at animals. Introvert are you a supporter of the 2nd Amendment?
edit on 8-11-2017 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

I can see where this is definitely going. Hunting animals is cruel period

That is not what I said.

I said hunting animals for fun is sick and twisted. I also said it does not make sense to hunt for your food, as it seems more cost effective to purchase your meat in bulk.

Let's just get rid of our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, and do what these guys are doing by throwing hot tar molotovs at animals.

The 2nd amendment says nothing about hunting. It something about the security of a free state.

Introvert are you a supporter of the 2nd Amendment?

Very much so.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That is not what I said.

Yes you basically did with that first page remark. You did forget that the OP was showing a cruel photo showing two elephants possibly both females being burned, and then you brought up the hunters in the US for some reason, now you're bringing up grocery shopping for meats? I don't see what you're trying to argue here, but you are flip flopping trying to make your point valid. Most hunters that I know go hunting because it is a thrill or fun why? Because its just the fact of being outdoors, and facing the elements, but they also eat or keep what they kill. Ever had venison? Pretty darn good, and if I had the option to hunt everyday I would, but living in a city doesn't allow me to conveniently do it.

The 2nd amendment says nothing about hunting. It something about the security of a free state.

So I can simply say that hunting and self-defense are the same, and should be equally wrong because it inflicts pain to something or someone physically and emotionally, and you being a supporter of it can be just as sick and twisted.

Want to continue?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KonquestAbySS

Yes you basically did with that first page remark.

No. I did not. I've seen the cruelty hunters can do.

I did not say all or every single one.

You did forget that the OP was showing a cruel photo showing two elephants possibly both females being burned, and then you brought up the hunters in the US for some reason, now you're bringing up grocery shopping for meats?

Yes, some hunters can be cruel. And the grocery aspect was to show how illogical hunting can be in the first place.

I don't see what you're trying to argue here, but you are flip flopping trying to make your point valid. Most hunters that I know go hunting because it is a thrill or fun why? Because its just the fact of being outdoors, and facing the elements, but they also eat or keep what they kill.

No need to flip flop. In fact, you just proved my point.

Hunting for fun or thrills is sick, much like those that would set elephants on fire.

Ever had venison?

Of course.

So I can simply say that hunting and self-defense are the same, and should be equally wrong because it inflicts pain to something or someone physically and emotionally, and you being a supporter of it can be just as sick and twisted.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Want to continue?

Not if that horrible logic is what I have to deal with.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The OP was not about hunters or the US to begin with, you brought up hunters and the US. It simply shows a mob of people throwing objects that cause bodily harm, and running in the opposite direction. So already the first page you tried to drift the subject matter at hand to something more grand.

And you failed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join