It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hell is Here' for burning elephants in award-winning photo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: bphi1908
a reply to: introvert

Self reliance doesn't make much sense? Weird.

How self-reliant are you when you have to buy a licence to hunt from the state?

More so than the guy who is deciding between 80% or 90% lean ground beef out of the frozen food bin at Costco.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Then you've no idea what it's like to hunt. If were talking about deer, then we're talking about a herd animal, mostly, that keeps around the same areas. Knowing where it's going because of where it's been, trying to piece together its habits based upon different changes in the environment. If you know the area, you know what its eating.

It's not just about what they have access to naturally in their local area. You also have to take in to account what hunters bring in to feed them. Unless you know them, you have no idea what they are being fed.

And feeding them is very common.

Yea, and that doesn't bother you? I mean I'm not judging but I try not to feed that to my family. I prefer meat that has been made naturally.

What?

Deer love to eat corn, berries, fruit, etc.

Around here, the deer are known for munching on the corn fields...which are GMO varieties, as are the local orchards.

It's not natural meat. It's getting the same nonsense the animals on the ranches are.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

a reply to: Sheye

Those animals were killed as well... sometimes in more inhuman ways than your average hunter. Unless we all want to go vegan , we need to acknowledge that animals will be killed and slaughtered.

I fully acknowledge that animals will be killed.

What I do not understand is the illogical stance many hunters when they are excusing their actions.

Most hunters, the vast majority, do not do it out of necessity of food. They do it for sport.

Which makes them just a level lower than these people throwing molotovs at elephants, in an attempt to scare them off.

I have to agree... hunting just for sport is very coldhearted... but there are also animals that make sport of attacking humans so self defense against predators is acceptable.

Self-defense is another matter and is completely justified.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Self reliance doesn't make much sense? Weird.

How self-reliant are you when you have to buy a licence to hunt from the state?

More so than the guy who is deciding between 80% or 90% lean ground beef out of the frozen food bin at Costco.

So you admit that the guy going to costco has a bit more freedom? Not only do they get to choose what they want, they get to choose where they get it and they do not have to ask the state for a licence to get it.

Not to mention the guy going to costco gets a lot more value out of their money because they do not have to take the added expense of getting a licence, buying the appropriate gear, getting permission to hunt on lands they do not own, and on and on.

In the end, it does not appears they are more self-reliant at all.

They are wasting their money and asking a few people for permission.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's not just about what they have access to naturally in their local area. You also have to take in to account what hunters bring in to feed them. Unless you know them, you have no idea what they are being fed. And feeding them is very common.

That, to me, is part of hunting. For example where I hunt, the herds would have to go a good 20 miles in any direction to find the closest farm. Hunter activity is very low there as well and only one baits and that is with corn that is still on the cob.

Can you walk into costco and buy venison?

The meat is very natural and the animals are wild. This isn't a GMO argument either.

There's also the quality of life the animal has before slaughter as well.

So you admit that the guy going to costco has a bit more freedom? Not only do they get to choose what they want, they get to choose where they get it and they do not have to ask the state for a licence to get it.

That's not choice. It's limited selection.
edit on 7-11-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Been to India. It smells and sucks. I don't say it very often but this "inhumanity" from a supposedly higher species of animal is why there has been racism in existence. Sometimes it's just ignorance of the other race but in this case it's justified.
I have horrible memories of my visit there; they even treat their own people, especially, little girls and women horrible. They even burn their own people. They are cruel and vicious.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That, to me, is part of hunting. For example where I hunt, the herds would have to go a good 20 miles in any direction to find the closest farm. Hunter activity is very low there as well and only one baits and that is with corn that is still on the cob.

Where did they get the corn?

Can you walk into costco and buy venison?

In some, yes. You can even get buffalo.

The meat is very natural and the animals are wild. This isn't a GMO argument either.

It is if you are going to use the term "natural".

Odds are they are eating the same stuff they feed the animals at the big ranches.

There's also the quality of life the animal has before slaughter as well.

Which has nothing to do with my argument on hunting.

That's not choice. It's limited selection.

I can buy damn near anything I want at the store.

Hunters can only buy a tag and hope they can fill it with the one specific animal they are allowed to kill. You only have one option. What it says on your tag.

If they are that fortunate to get that kill, they then go to the store to buy everything else they need to go with their meal.
edit on 7-11-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Where did they get the corn?

Their farms.

In some, yes. You can even get buffalo.

That is news to me. I still wouldn't buy it!

It is if you are going to use the term "natural". Odds are they are eating the same stuff they feed the animals at the big ranches.

If we are talking about venison, then I would have to see. If we are comparing beef or pork to wild venison that I would highly disagree.

Which has nothing to do with my argument on hunting.

It has quite abit to do with folks who do hunt for meat.

I can by damn near anything I want at the store. Hunters can only buy a tag and hope they can fill it with the one specific animal they are allowed to kill. You only have one option. What it says on your tag. If they are that fortunate to get that kill, they then go to the store to buy everything else they need to go with their meal.

I can hunt for exactly what I want. Everything else is subjective, from the license to the equipment.

I'm not here to change your mind but to claim that this topic is akin to hunting in the states is flat wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Do they hunt because they are not near any grocery stores?

They hunt because they want to know where their meat came from. They hunt because it gives them a little more control over how their food gets to their tables. They also hunt for conservative means. Overpopulation is a problem when it comes to deer, rabbits, squirrel and such.

This is worth pointing out again. My husband works with a couple of people who flat refuse to purchase grocery store meats because of factory farming practices. Granted, Jin & I do have many alternatives around here in our area for mom & pop/independent stores buying direct from mom & pop farms, some people still don't trust that industry enough to even throw a bone to the small guys.

Trophy hunters SUCK. That's all but a given anywhere, in any circle. A hunter who hunts their food themselves knowing it didn't come from some decrepit Big Box Farm rife with animal abuse or inhumane cages, or a small one they're not comfortable with for whatever reason, is not the bad guy. People who burn animals alive ARE.
edit on 11/7/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

It's not up to me how other people prefer their food or live their life.

I simply thought the comparison to US hunters to what happened in this thread to the elephants was a little out of line. Trophy hunters could certainly almost be put into the same category, however I've never known one and that's saying something considering where we live!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Their farms.

Ok. Are they organic farmers?

If not, your point is moot.

That is news to me. I still wouldn't buy it!

Ok.

If we are talking about venison, then I would have to see. If we are comparing beef or pork to wild venison that I would highly disagree.

Beef, for example, are fed corn for the most part. In fact, it was the corn market a few years back that drastically-affected the price of beef, because of the price of corn feed.

It has quite abit to do with folks who do hunt for meat.

I highly doubt it.

I can hunt for exactly what I want. Everything else is subjective, from the license to the equipment.

You can only hunt for the animals you have permission to hunt. That depends on the season the state has set-up. And that is limited in a variety of ways.

I'm not here to change your mind but to claim that this topic is akin to hunting in the states is flat wrong.

It's not akin to one another. Hunters in the US a just a step below.

They hunt for sport and make illogical excuses, and then point fingers at the "cruel" things people in other countries do to animals.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
These elephants can mean the difference between starving and not starving. They can destroy entire fields in a few short hours. The methods used are deplorable so maybe we should help them out and develop safe methods to deter the elephants.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
God dammit ..I want off this sh@thole planet..I feel sick to my very soul

edit on 7-11-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

It's not a big deal to me what someone eats, either, but a high horse for how one fills their gut isn't needed. Factory farmed meat has been under the microscope for a long time, but if you want to eat it, you're the one eating it, knock yourself out.
Since we've been up here, we've been sticking to the mom & pop places, we seldom buy anything at a Family Fare or even Meijer to eat unless the little guys don't have what we need or any close substitute for it. I do trust the farms up here & am very willing to purchase their meat where available (I could rave about quality, but this isn't the thread for it) But I wouldn't refuse the option of hunting/fishing my meals, either.

And I agree, comparing legit hunters to the elephant abusers is out of line. To the point where it's in such far-opposite corners that even "apples & oranges" doesn't work to describe how off-base it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

They hunt for sport and make illogical excuses, and then point fingers at the "cruel" things people in other countries do to animals.

Clearly we aren't speaking on the same hunters. I don't know any trophy hunters, perhaps you do.

The type of hunter I am and know are not anything you describe.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: nightbringr

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Metallicus

That picture wouldn't bother me near as much if it was only the people on fire.

Humans suck

Can't agree more.

By all means then, prove it. Light yourself on fire.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Are you done? Or do you need nap time?

Honestly, I could use one.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS

If you're comparing this to hunting game here in the U.S. you are wrong. People in the states don't throw Molotovs at Deer or Antelope.

You don't have to set them on fire to be cruel.

I've seen first hand the cruelty hunters can bring on animals.

So now you are talking about poachers? If so then yes you are right they are very cruel to animals.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Clearly we aren't speaking on the same hunters. I don't know any trophy hunters, perhaps you do.

The type of hunter I am and know are not anything you describe.

Trophy hunters usually admit they are hunting for the trophies.

Most hunters claim to hunt to feed their families, yet fail to see how it is cost prohibitive and hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Perhaps you should have put a clearer warning on the graphical nature of your thread, something like this perhaps;

"WARNING GRAPHIC PICS 'Hell is Here' for burning elephants in award-winning photo"

There is always some evil going down in the world in one place or another whether it is mans cruelty to other men or cruelty to animals.

The mind cannot unsee what it has seen, I think it would have been more appropriate if you had clearly warned the reader so we could skip this thread.

You are a caring person as evidenced by some of your threads; a little more thought is all I suggest.

To the topic in itself; I have not learn't anything new today as to the nature of the world we live in. I see earthquake damage or mud landslide pictures with bodies being excavated knowing those people suffocated and endured horrific pain.

I rarely watch TV msm news for the very reason that like you they take a particular image and spread hopelessness and fear to entice a known response.

You may not agree with anything I have said but thats ok, just a "warning" would have gone a long way and I mean that sincerely. Thank you.

PS maybe there will be justice for all those that inflict such cruelty; as per your thread: "So I firmly believe in karma" in your Reincarnation thread

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If you're comparing this to hunting game here in the U.S. you are wrong. People in the states don't throw Molotovs at Deer or Antelope.

You don't have to set them on fire to be cruel.

I've seen first hand the cruelty hunters can bring on animals.

So now you are talking about poachers? If so then yes you are right they are very cruel to animals.

Poaching is nothing more than hunting without the proper licences.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join