It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hecho en Mexico? Ayudame!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is not anti-Mexico, not anti-Coca Cola, or anti anything really. It's not a rant but we don't have a "get this off my chest" forum so this will suffice.

A man who works hard needs a nice glass of rum and coke sometimes. So I go to the grocery store and look for Captain's first mate. I got cola in cans, cola in plastic bottles, and then the old skool glass bottles.

Otherwise I would go for cans, but I only want a small pack for the weekend. So I find the Hecho en Mexico packs. Perfect six-pack size of glass bottles. The non-Hecho pack bottles are smaller and it throws off my rum to cola ratios.

Ok so I've only ever bought 3 cases of the Hecho ever. But the kicker is--each time there has been broken glass in at least one of the bottles.

First time, it got in my mouth and was a big "wtf" moment. I just wrote it off as one of those 1:1,000,000 flukes. No big deal, I'm not a wimp.

Second case, same thing happened. Broken class in bottom of my drink by the end of the night. Ok I decided never to buy Hechos again. But as drinkers do, they ignore the past and drink on.

Got a pack last night and ended up with a big king-size chunk of sharp glass in a bottle. How do I know it came from the Coke and not the Captain? Because I literally poured the last third of a warm bottle into the sink and heard the clink.

What are the freaking odds??!! Is this intentional sabotage? Is this some kind of protest? Are people seriously trying to injure cola drinkers? Or is 'quality control' just not a phrase translatable into Spanish?

Who knows how much glass I've swallowed and not even noticed.

I want this to get back to Coca-Cola, not as a complaint, nor a litigation, but as a plea to STOP PUTTING GLASS IN MY BOTTLES YOU STUPID JERKS!

edit on 7-11-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha Bwahhh This is funny actually
I am sorry for that luck though. Good luck mate

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Never had it..... now I guess I never will. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha Hahahaha I had to pause my show I am crylaughing
LMAO

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Damn shame that you can't enjoy anything nowadays without having to be on the lookout. This has been an issue with Corona beers, but damn I must have been lucky so far to not come across anything like this and I tend to drink Coronas a lot. This thread kind of reminded me to be careful, and to think twice before chugging something Hecho En Mexico...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Worked in a liquor store when Red Stripe actually came from Jamaica. I hated stocking it and advised friends against drinking it for the same reason. Cases full of broken glass, rusty nails, glass shards in the full bottles. I guess they make it in Latrobe, PA now.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha Since I thought your thread was so darn funny I will share a story of a moment of despair I had long ago. Back when I live in Oklahoma a few friends and I where about to take a midnight shot for the new year. Well one of my friends dips tobacco ALOT. When I reached for the plastic bottle of Coke-Cola to use as the chaser. Well I think you can piece together what happened next.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I want this to get back to Coca-Cola, not as a complaint, nor a litigation, but as a plea to STOP PUTTING GLASS IN MY BOTTLES YOU STUPID JERKS!

A direct complaint might be more effective, even as a plea.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I tried to search for similar incidents. Google is probably just hiding them all.

Anyway what are they going to do really? Send me a free six-pack to choke on?

If they cared about a single, individual customer there wouldn't even be glass in these bottles.

If I called a service number or something, do you really think a complaint like this will ever get to anyone who cares?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Broken glass aside, if you like Coca~Cola, the Mexican-produced drinks have better ingredients and, IMO, taste better.

As far as sabotage goes, I wouldn't assume so, but I WOULD bet that quality control and government oversight of production is far lower than what goes on across Mexico's northern border--you may just be looking at a product where glass gets broken in the factory on a regular basis, and instead of shutting down production of the bottles and checking them, they just roll ahead with production with crossed fingers.

Hopefully I'm not being too optimistic here...the odds do seem to be against this, though.

Better start pouring that cola through sieve.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Can’t say I’ve had a problem with them. If i ever buy soda it’s Mexican cause they’re made with cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup. Try buying them from a different location.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hallowpinyo

Can’t say I’ve had a problem with them. If i ever buy soda it’s Mexican cause they’re made with cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup. Try buying them from a different location.

This is why I said it's not anti Mexico. Never had a problem with my Sangria bottles regardless of where I get them.

I will never buy Mexico Coke again. It's a shame because as you say, they do taste fantastic.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

😂😂😂

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Three times is either deliberate, or criminally negligent. I do hope you reported this to the company? They need to know, and consumers do as well. I'd even inform the grocery stores, so they can recall all of those bottles. That's seriously unsafe! Glad you weren't injured, and hope you take time to report the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I tried to search for similar incidents. Google is probably just hiding them all.

If they cared about a single, individual customer there wouldn't even be glass in these bottles.

If I called a service number or something, do you really think a complaint like this will ever get to anyone who cares?

Hence the suggestion to notify the grocery stores as well. A dangerous product will be removed from shelves, and that means they don't sell, and then the company has no choice but to do something about it.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Gross fact, in Nicaragua when you but a coke from the "pulperia" you have to return the bottle they then are re-used. pretty gross

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Its like an expert level of worms in tequila.

Only real machos drink hecho en mexico cocacola.

"We know our safety standards are low, we let the weak die!" LoL

It probably has something to do with the specifics of WHERE that made in Mex crap is coming from.

It could be recalled orders by the factory in MX that some douche is selling cheap to the gringos across the border instead of disposing of them.

Someone is probably side dealing the factory rejects after charging cocacola to dispose of them.

edit on 11 8 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join