It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Who Stopped Texas Gunman: I Couldn’t Have Stopped Him Without My AR-15

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The Liberal media is fairly silent, except for that idiot, Chris Cuomo on CNN, who stated:

Obviously you are not paying attention, interviews with Stephen Willeford and Johnnie Langendorff hailing them as heroes are all over the news.
The CNN headline is "Strangers who banded together to stop the Texas church shooter reunite as heroes" but don't let the truth stop you.
edit on 7-11-2017 by Regnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
A "magic BB" can take out a C130.

I DOUBT he needed an AR15.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Stop me if I'm wrong though, but the guy didn't 'stop' the attack?

The attacker had left the church and was leaving when the guy engaged him with his rifle?

He had lots more guns and Ammo, no telling where his next stop was going to be.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's a very misunderstood gun, thanks to the media. In their defense, most of the pundits are simply uninformed and don't know what they're talking about, they're not intentionally lying to you (some do). There's no logical reason why the general public can't own one. Every reason you hear the pundits give is based in ignorance.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
a reply to: shawmanfromny

The Liberal media is fairly silent, except for that idiot, Chris Cuomo on CNN, who stated:

Obviously you are not paying attention, interviews with Stephen Willeford and Johnnie Langendorff hailing them as heroes are all over the news.
The CNN headline is "Strangers who banded together to stop the Texas church shooter reunite as heroes" but don't let the truth stop you.

They are talking about them, but they're staying away from the fact that he used an evil AR-15 to stop the guy. Most of the headlines don't even mention that the citizen-hero had a gun. They don't want to focus on that part.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: rickymouse

Well actually, unless your conceding the 2nd amendment got it wrong and needs to be, well you know, amended... then this guy was well within he's right to own as much firearms as he desired, according to the 2nd.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Doesn't say anything about losing your right to bear arms, if your mentally unstable or have a criminal record.

We have other laws that takes away the right to bear arms if you have been in certain violent crimes or are convicted of a Felony. The 2nd Amendment was not intended to allow criminals to have weapons. That is how the law disallowing felons to have guns was passed.
edit on 7-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

The attacker had left the church and was leaving when the guy engaged him with his rifle?

He had two guns and an ar-15 which he dropped at the church. One of the side arms he had, he used on his own brain.

Also, he was not ineligible to purchase guns, the reason he was discharged from the military was not enough to prevent him purchasing weapons. Also, he purchased his weapons between 2013 and 2016.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So what is the point of even having the 2nd amendment, if they can just simply pass laws which contradicts it?

"Shall not be infringed"

Seems pretty clear cut to me...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: rickymouse

Also, he was not ineligible to purchase guns, the reason he was discharged from the military was not enough to prevent him purchasing weapons.

This is incorrect. The discharge himself wouldn't have disqualified him, but the felony conviction would have. The Air Force has already stated they failed to submit that information to the NICS database. It would have flagged him to get declined to purchase, had it been in the system. However, he may have been able to get a gun another way, or just used another method to kill. I highly doubt this guy would have just changed his mind on his decision to commit mass murder because he couldn't get a gun.

Edit: To back this up, here is the max penalty under article 128 of the UCMJ for assaulting a child:

(7) Assault consummated by a battery upon a child under 16 years. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 2 years.

And here is what disqualifies you:

According to the FBI, you cannot purchase a gun if you... Were convicted of a crime that carried a sentence of more than one year, or a misdemeanor that carried a sentence of over two years

Assault of a child is not a misdemeanor, so the maximum sentence of 2 years would fit the 1st disqualifier.
edit on 7 11 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

I have many options, but I like .454 casull super redhawk 6" and .45-70 as well...great minds

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I have a Ruger .44 Mag that kicks my ass. I can run hundreds of rounds through my 9mm XDM, but after about 3 or 4 wheels of that .44 I'm done haha

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Lol yeah I hear ar ya...not to derail, but those casull rounds put a pretty good sting on your grip hand, even after 1 wheel.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It will be even harder spinning more gun control legislation out of this because this murderer shouldn't have been able to purchase firearms anyway.

Yep, you're right but because guns are so ingrained on American culture he managed to go ahead and get one anyway.

Lets look at the title of this discussion another way "Killer who shot up Taxes Chuech: I Couldn’t Have Done it Without My AR-15"

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: BlueJacket

I have a Ruger .44 Mag that kicks my ass. I can run hundreds of rounds through my 9mm XDM, but after about 3 or 4 wheels of that .44 I'm done haha

I managed, with a bit of hassle, to have my automatic rifle, my slide action and my pistol all use the same ammo.

Aren't nerf guns great?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: intrptr

It will be even harder spinning more gun control legislation out of this because this murderer shouldn't have been able to purchase firearms anyway.

Lets look at the title of this discussion another way "Killer who shot up Taxes Chuech: I Couldn’t Have Done it Without My AR-15"

Except that's not true. He could've done it with handguns. Ever heard of Virginia Tech? He could've done it with a truck, a bomb, or a giant poisonous cactus.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The AR 15 is iconic Americana, Trump should announce a program to help get one in every law abiding home across the nation.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Again, intent...

the kid that shot worshippers in a church in Virginia did it with a pistol. Same with Virginia Tech massacre (two handguns) the recent 'terror' attack in NY was with a truck.

Murderous intent will find a way.

edit on 7-11-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2017 by jacquesdarippa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

So what is the point of even having the 2nd amendment, if they can just simply pass laws which contradicts it?

"Shall not be infringed"

Seems pretty clear cut to me...

They never wrote the second amendment with intent that criminals were allowed to use guns to kill people. Criminals had their weapons taken away. I suppose you think that people in prison have the right to bear arms. Because that is the direction you seem to be going in. There was no provision in the second amendment that excluded prisoners, they used common sense back then.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa
Could we please not derail this thread about a hero by the same, tired gun control arguments. There are a multitude of places those arguments are appropriate, please find them and contribute. This thread is about a man who was trained to use firearms and has trained many others to do so. We need more people like him in our world. He and his driver should be given a parade to recognize them as the heroes they are.

As I was watching the interview I was trying to imagine what kind of courage it took to confront such a scene. I'm trained in firearms, relatively proficient on the range, but I've never been in a situation where the bullets weren't flying downrange. I honestly don't think I could do what that guy did---go out and face the bullets.

Same for the driver of the pursuit truck. May the Creator bless them both and their friends, family and neighbors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join