It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero Who Stopped Texas Gunman: I Couldn’t Have Stopped Him Without My AR-15

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

“If I had run out of the house with a pistol and faced a bulletproof vest and kevlar and helmets, it might have been futile,” Willeford said. “I ran out with an AR-15 and that’s what he was shooting the place up with.”

Hero Who Stopped Texas Gunman: I Couldn’t Have Stopped Him Without My AR-15

The Liberal media is fairly silent, except for that idiot, Chris Cuomo on CNN, who stated:

Tuesday on CNN’s “New Day,” host Chris Cuomo opined about how guns are used in the United States and argued there was a case to be made that guns are not the self-defense mechanism their advocates make them out to be.

www.breitbart.com...

However, there are many cases of LEGALLY armed citizens protecting themselves, family and property each and every week, that mainstream media DOES NOT cover. WHY? Well, obviously it would go against their agenda on limiting certain firearms that the general public can own. Stephen Willeford, the man that fired upon and chased down the suspect responsible for the deadly Texas church shooting, was armed with an AR-15 rifle.

The former National Rifle Association instructor was home Sunday morning when his daughter told Willeford she had heard gunshots from the nearby Baptist church, prompting him to get his AR-15 rifle from his safe and load a magazine. He ran to the church and confronted the alleged shooter, Devin Patrick Kelley, who fired shots at Willeford. While taking cover behind a pickup truck, Willeford fired several shots at the gunman, who sped away in his car.

“If I had run out of the house with a pistol and faced a bulletproof vest and kevlar and helmets, it might have been futile,” Willeford said. “I ran out with an AR-15 and that’s what he was shooting the place up with.”

thefederalist.com...

Back in June of 2016, a former Navy SEAL made a video (now with over a half million views), in which he stated that "the AR-15, the most popular rifle in the country, gives Americans the best chance of surviving in an age of terror."

“The only way for us to stay free was by having whatever guns the bad guys have,” he said. “This firearm gives average people the advantage they so desperately need and deserve to protect their life, liberty, and happiness.”

Choosing to defend one’s home with an AR-15 is a commonsense choice, as it is powerful, accurate, and easy to shoot, Raso said.

“Why would you want to ban the gun you pray for police to show up with?” Raso asked.

Raso said Hillary Clinton’s desire to ban rifles like the AR-15 is hypocritical since she herself relies on guards armed with them for her protection.

“Thank God we have the Second Amendment.”

thefederalist.com...

edit on 11/7/2017 by shawmanfromny because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
So gun advocates should raise their arms and cheer for the few times guns have been used for good compared to the 1000 times they have been used for horrible things?

Those church goers must be so happy he was there...oh wait.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa
So gun advocates should raise their arms and cheer for the few times guns have been used for good compared to the 1000 times they have been used for horrible things?

Any link to support that data?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Umm read the news much? How many days does America go without someone being killed by a gun used by another? In fact how many gun deaths happen daily?

edit on 7-11-2017 by jacquesdarippa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Guns have killed more Americans in last 50 years than all US wars put together

More than 1.5 million US citizens have died as a result of guns in the last 49 years, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

WRONG....more than a "few" times. So let the "bad" guys and "terrorists" use them for "horrible" things and American citizens can wait for the police. Yep..makes PERFECT sense. NOT

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

However, there are many cases of LEGALLY armed citizens protecting themselves, family and property each and every week, that mainstream media DOES NOT cover.

Case in point. The media will have a tough time spinning that to their agenda:

A good guy with a gun saves the day.

Further: it will be even harder spinning more gun control legislation out of this because this murderer shouldn't have been able to purchase firearms anyway. So much for legislation requiring background checks, waiting periods, forms, permits licenses and fees.

Which only reflects back on their vain attempts to prevent such incidences from occurring. Where there is evil intent there is always a way. Except where there are law abiding citizens also armed.

Finally, he grabbed his rifle because unlike planned excursions to the range or hunting, the one arm you should always geo to in these kinds of scenarios is your rifle. Not a sidearm or shotgun, the rifle...

edit on 7-11-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeah, and by WHOM? Gang bangers, criminals and people with mental issues. Properly trained gun owners, with no mental defects DO NOT perpetuate mass shootings!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Not once did I say take your guns. I was just pointing out that this is the only tool that is not heavily regulated when it is more trouble than it is worth.

Keep your guns. I don't understand why you assume anyone wants your guns when all they are asking for is that they be better regulated so that people like this idiot don't get guns. Something has to be done to limit this and that does not mean take your guns.

Cars, hammer, knives...etc heavy regulations but not guns.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Yeah, and by WHOM? Gang bangers, criminals and people with mental issues. Properly trained gun owners, with no mental defects DO NOT perpetuate mass shootings!

Well duh. It just seems that Gang bangers, criminals and people with mental issues are still getting guns. So the gun laws in place right now are obviously not working.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Choosing to defend one’s home with an AR-15 is a commonsense choice, as it is powerful, accurate, and easy to shoot, Raso said.

Actually in residential neighborhoods, inside your home, a twelve gauge is preferable. Over penetration of rifle rounds could be a problem, while rifle accuracy isn't as necessary in a darkened hallway, half asleep, firing 'blind' at point blank range.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The guy who shot the church people should not have been able to buy those guns or own them because of past criminal activity. The guy who shot him had the legal right to own his gun. Now, if you stop people who legally own guns from buying them then the only ones who will have them are the ones who get them illegally and they will enjoy the fact that they have guns while others don't.

In the case of the Vegas shootings, someone should have noticed a change in this guys attitude in the months leading up to the event. I can't understand why nobody thought it was going to happen, he took all those guns there, probably knowing what he was going to do.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Properly trained gun owners, with no mental defects DO NOT perpetuate mass shootings!

Except in war time maybe.

But I get you, only armed citizens are able to intervene quickly. Police are not usually 'first' responders, they 'respond' to 'shots fired', typically showing up after its over.

And the killers know too that the targets they preselect are most likely to be filled with innocent, unarmed victims. Thats why they attack churches , schools and movie theaters, not police stations.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Stop me if I'm wrong though, but the guy didn't 'stop' the attack?

The attacker had left the church and was leaving when the guy engaged him with his rifle?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I love that some Americans dream of a country where everyone has an AR-15, and is shooting at each other.

By that I mean, I love living in Canada.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well actually, unless your conceding the 2nd amendment got it wrong and needs to be, well you know, amended... then this guy was well within he's right to own as much firearms as he desired, according to the 2nd.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Doesn't say anything about losing your right to bear arms, if your mentally unstable or have a criminal record.

edit on 7-11-2017 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Texas guy done good there....proud of him.....

in Missouri they're required to have guns.....as a head of household

.223 is the best overall, but I like a 45.70 with Garrett 530 grain hardened cast....they're just neat to shoot the dirt or pine cones....or if a giant hog ever shows up being disrespectful....why....why I'd be the one to ....

now let me tell ya about those 44 mags...say 6 inch barrel......
edit on 7-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacquesdarippa

People who commit crimes with guns don't care whether or not they're allowed to have guns. You know what else is illegal? Murder. Did making murder illegal stop people from doing it? No. Making guns illegal will only take guns away from law-abiding citizens. If you make guns illegal, criminals will have free reign to rob, rape and pillage every household they see. There's a reason gun crime is lowest where legal gun ownership is highest.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Guy couldn't have shot the suspect without his gun, the suspect couldn't have got 50 people without his.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Meh, he could have stopped him with any similar rifle. Not a gun rights argument, but an AR-15 is just a cool looking rifle that shoots, what? a .223? So any other rifle shooting a .223 would have accomplished the same job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join