It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Fired After Giving Trump's Motorcade the Finger.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: intrptr

Thoughts on the idiots from Charlottesville who lost their jobs after being doxxed?

whosis whatsis link...?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yah well friggin Nazis. in Charlottesville, at the hate fest, that resulted in the deaths of ...how many , again?

“On Saturday, August 12, it came to our attention that one of our employees was involved in the recent ‘alt-right’ rally in Charlottesville, North Carolina [sic]. Later that day we spoke with Cole White. During that conversation Cole chose to voluntarily resign his employment with top dog and we accepted his resignation,” the company said.

Further: Piss poor comparison, belonging to self proclaimed Nazis and some girl giving the finger.

You don't have the right to yell fire in a crowded theatre either.
edit on 10-11-2017 by intrptr because: Further:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I didn't like BO and said a lot of bad things about him, I still do. But I never would have flipped him off.
Very poor judgment on this liberal POSs part. Not to mention disrespectful to the office he holds and the millions he represents. She let her "EMOTIONS", "Feelings" get the best of her. I hope future liberals will learn from this and use reason, logic, wisdom, education, civility, lol!....Nah!! Who am I kidding?!?! She got what she deserved.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So...you are basically saying that every time a person is fired it should be weighed in a court of law to ensure that it was *just* and not a violation of any protected Constitutional or civil rights?

Who the heII would ever want to run a business? It sounds like you think even the most self-serving, undedicated employee should have the say over the business owner that employs them and cares for the business.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

BO is one of the worst, but I would never flip him off either. I would write "F- you!" on each buttcheek and then moon him.

ETA: AND I wouldn't go to my employer and tell them about it.
edit on 11/10/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Yah well friggin Nazis. in Charlottesville, at the hate fest, that resulted in the deaths of ...how many , again?

So people have freedom of speech only if it's non-controversial speech you agree with? Where is that written?

Have any of the men who were fired been charged as accomplices or implicated in the incident in Charlottesville? Has it been shown that any of them directly caused injury?

Or is it only okay to fire them for their extremist views?

You seem to think the business owners were justified in firing the outed Nazis. This is very close to the scenario I gave that you never addressed. Would it be safe to assume that you as the owner would fire the employee for their association with extremists? How does that square with the "Everybody always has free speech at work" argument?

Until speech crosses the line into directly causing harm, it is protected by the 1A, no matter how disgusting or offensive it is.

NOTE: To go ahead and nip it in the bud, I am not a Nazi or white supremacist. I personally think they're bigoted morons and should just be ignored and not given any attention when they hold rallies.

You don't have the right to yell fire in a crowded theatre either.

Because yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre has the very high probability of directly causing harm ( if there's not actually a fire ) People will panic, stampede each other, and the theatre owner will suffer monetary damages. The one who yelled "Fire!" will be liable for all damages suffered.

Now, if there is *actually* a fire in the crowded theatre, it would be protected speech, correct? You could actually save lives by yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre in the event of a fire. See the difference?

I've always felt that the "Yelling 'Fire!' in a theatre" example is a poor one. It's not what you yell that makes it non-protected speech, it's the direct results of that speech.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
"You don't have the right to yell fire in a crowded theatre either."

Because yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre has the very high probability of directly causing harm ( if there's not actually a fire ) People will panic, stampede each other, and the theatre owner will suffer monetary damages. The one who yelled "Fire!" will be liable for all damages suffered.

Now, if there is *actually* a fire in the crowded theatre, it would be protected speech, correct? You could actually save lives by yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theatre in the event of a fire. See the difference?

I've always felt that the "Yelling 'Fire!' in a theatre" example is a poor one. It's not what you yell that makes it non-protected speech, it's the direct results of that speech.

Just to add another layer...it is protected speech to yell "FIre!" in a crowded theater when there is no fire as long as you do not intend to cause harm. Like, if you genuinely believe there is a fire even though you are wrong.

Or that's how I understand it.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: burdman30ott6

She wasn't arrested for flipping off Trump, either. She was fired.

Thats a violation of the first amendment.

Edit: She wasn't even at work. But I get the whole political agenda stab in the back violation of her right to express herself. For...

...she was fired from her job at a company that does work with the government.

Once again, you are making the wrong argument. She violated her contract of employment by posting a picture of her actions on social media that she had linked to her company. Had she posted nudies, she would have also violated her contract and could be terminated. If you sign a contract that says you will do a job for compensation and you don't do the job, you have breached the contract.
This has nothing to do with freedom of anything or the Constitution. Ask Mothermayeye about contract law and you will be enlightened.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join