It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Fired After Giving Trump's Motorcade the Finger.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Employment contracts and unions are another matter entirely.

Not anymore.

Union clout went out in the early 80's with Reaganomics.

Voodoo economics.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Speaking of consequences....

My advice to her would be to file a PI suit against her supervisor and Akima with a mad dog attorney and wait till they settle out of court. Low hanging fruit, easy pickins....the complaint petition papers have probably already been filed.

I'm okay with that.

Yes there are consequences when you start f***in with the first Amendment.

Again, there is no first Amendment issue here. Akima is not the government. They are a private company that fired a private employee.

The First Amendment only applies when Congress or "the government" attempts to prevent free speech.

I guarantee you any lawsuit she files will be related to wrongful termination, not violation of Civil Rights.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Blaine91555
It's prevented me from hiring a pedophile, a wife beater and a man with a long list of burglaries and violence, just to name a few.

I'll have you know that DB, TAT and I never applied at your place of employment. I blame the recruiter for this false rumor.

You I believe, but DB never.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What's the alternative though? I don't want more government restrictions on individual freedoms preventing private employers from running their business as they see fit. Do you?

It's just a tough situation. People need to grow thicker skins, but there's no way to force that to happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

We're doing a great job of censoring ourselves.

Our society has become anti-free speech.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Our society doesn't want free speech any more.

Sure it's fine to say "FU Trump", but say a prayer in a public school, hold a Nazi rally and see the censoring jump!

Hell, look at all the book-burning statue haters!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It's prevented me from hiring a pedophile, a wife beater and a man with a long list of burglaries and violence, just to name a few.

I'll have you know that DB, TAT and I never applied at your place of employment. I blame the recruiter for this false rumor.

I stole a pen and 3 paper clips.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's it. It says nothing about private property or employment.

They didn't have to specify, they knew what "all" means.

All means all, within the confines of the country.

The founding fathers are going "Duh".

People that want to change that to mean I can run my employees or family the way I want are damn control freaks. The bill of rights especially applies to them.

You can't say "this is my house, I set the rules" or "I'm the boss, I say what goes".

Petty tyrants do that s***.

Are you a petty tyrant?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I read your names in the same order with the list of offenses. That makes you 'the pedophile.' You really got the sh*t end of the stick on that, in my mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No way....the Founders would not have given us freedom of association if they intended for people to have to associate with those they don't agree with or think might be a liability to their place of business.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I read your names in the same order with the list of offenses. That makes you 'the pedophile.' You really got the sh*t end of the stick on that, in my mind.

Not too worried.

At my age, anyone in their 40's is a child.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And all this time I though it was your crack pipe left in the bathroom. My bad.

More to the topic, bringing the issue of free speech into something like this just shows a misunderstanding of what Rights a person actually has.

I won't even allow political or religious discussions in my office and will fire those who disrupt work with that sort of thing. Without fail, everyone I've ever had who did that has ended up being disruptive and constantly caused trouble. An employer fails their own people when they allow that to happen.

There could be and likely is a lot more to this story.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

One; I'm on the Crack Patch.

Two; we're seeing too many instances of a complete disregard to free expression in our society.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: SprocketUK

And she can do it again...just not while she works for Akima.

Which is the bit that offends me, I hope they go bust.
Whats the point in trying to have a free society if you are gonna let companies become the black shirted opressors of the people?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: SprocketUK
a reply to: intrepid

This gets on my nerves. She has every right to flip the finger at the president if she wants.

And she did it. No one prevented her from doing it -- she was not incarcerated or deprived of government benefits or had to pay income tax penalties....or anything like that.

One time GWB came to my city and his motorcade was scheduled to drive right in front of my house. My husband and I hung up some protest signs we made AND we flipped the bird as he drove by.

However, neither of us went to our HR departments to tell them we did that.

That last bit smacks of stupidity, yes, though there was no reason to compound it by firing her.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

That a company that does business with the government would have to be politically neutral and separate itself from activists is a no brainer. A company that is politically active and takes sides is not only incompetently managed, it's telling half of it's potential customers to # off, we don't want your business and screwing over it's investors.

Odd anyone would think otherwise. It's lose, lose for a company to be partisan in any way. It was right for them to fire someone so immature as to flip off the President and then advertise it. I doubt it even needed to be in the employment agreement. Only fools mix business and politics.

But would the company actually be in danger of losing a contract over something like this?

Would the government really cancel a multi million or even billion dollar contract because a random low level employee flipped Trump a bird?

I am pretty sure the media would have a field day if such a petty action were taken.

cancel the contract or not cancel.... this employee is a high risk to sabotage work scheduled for the current government.

her employer has to protect the company and the people who rely on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Did Mr Trump give her her finger back?

I’ll show myself out...

Warmest

Lags

If he did I think it only fair that he also lose his job.

After publically admitting to sexual assault and still getting the top job, I doubt flipping the bird would put him in hot water.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They didn't have to specify, they knew what "all" means. All means all, within the confines of the country. The founding fathers are going "Duh". People that want to change that to mean I can run my employees or family the way I want are damn control freaks. The bill of rights especially applies to them.You can't say "this is my house, I set the rules" or "I'm the boss, I say what goes". Petty tyrants do that s***. Are you a petty tyrant?

They did not say "all." They said, "Congress cannot." I wouldn't have expected you to be so ignorant. And your last sentence is just stupid. But here's the deal, one more time, just for you. The First Amendment enjoins Congress, and ONLY Congress, from passing any laws restricting your speech in public, i.e.: In a public forum. AND THAT IS ALL IT DOES, PERIOD. You can say what you want on public property. Clap, clap, clap. Bully for you. Get on that soapbox in the public park and speechify away to you heart's content. This principle is well-established in case law all over the country. It doesn't take much research to figure this out.

We've been over this dozens of times on ATS alone over the years. What usually happens is some dumbo claims his free speech rights have been violated when some mod removes a post or thread and the author has a hissy fit. But ATS is privately owned and can set any damn rules it wants and you have no recourse in the matter. And even free speech practiced in a public forum does not absolve you of consequences from what you have said. The First Amendment does NOT protect you from being fired. Here this bright star brought disrespect on the company she worked for and endangered the company's ability to continue in business. They chose to fire her, and guess what? They have every right to do so. If this bozo tries to sue based on her free speech rights being violated she will be laughed out of court--absolutely guaranteed. This is so very basic that it is amazing it even has to be repeated so often. This has been addressed tens of thousands of times. There is no argument here. It's over. Stick a fork in it; it's done.

And yeah. I'm a "petty tyrant." That makes complete sense. How very insightful of you.

edit on 11/7/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So USA is now just like China or north korea?
say or do some thing Against the Leader
and you get punish't.

um? look at all the other stuff??
this is over the top.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

They didn't have to specify, they knew what "all" means.

All means all, within the confines of the country.

The founding fathers are going "Duh".

People that want to change that to mean I can run my employees or family the way I want are damn control freaks. The bill of rights especially applies to them.

You can't say "this is my house, I set the rules" or "I'm the boss, I say what goes".

Petty tyrants do that s***.

Are you a petty tyrant?

I read this post over and over again...seriously, trying to find your sarcasm icon. You really should fix that if it was neglected. If you are serious in this rant...I can only assume you just recently were grounded by your petty tyrant parents or booted out of their basement?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join