It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Fired After Giving Trump's Motorcade the Finger.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
So she was fired for flipping Trump the bird in her own time.

Doesn't seem like she should be fired to me.

Am I missing something with this?

I don't see why she was fired.

She posted it in social media that linked her company who happens to be a government contractor. That falls squarely within the bounds of embarrassing your employer, especially after she went viral.

It's never a good idea to be connected with insulting your clients.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: intrepid
Trump is not the issue here. No matter who the prez is they still would have sacked her. Government contractor remember.
If it happened during working hours, then sure. She is reflecting badly on her employer. If she was in off hours, it's nobody's #ing business unless she is actively identifying as an employee of that company. It's not like she's indentured or something.

That's why you read the policy book that the company gives you, if you don't understand it then ask HR and they will tell you.

No, that's why I like unions. If the employer wants to infringe upon my private time, then he can pay me for the privilege. If not, it's none of his business...especially if I'm not breaking any laws.

Had she not:

1.) Posted on social media in a way that linked her employer

2.) Gone viral

3.) Tipped her employer off

She likely would be fine today. You need to do your level best to keep your personal and your work life as separate as you can these days.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I hope she's able to collect unemployment. I work in a work at will state and it's god awful how you essentially have no job security legally.

Was it immature, sure, but hey, shes a person, just like the Donald.

I would have flipped him off too tbh. *shrug*

-Alee

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: intrepid
Trump is not the issue here. No matter who the prez is they still would have sacked her. Government contractor remember.
If it happened during working hours, then sure. She is reflecting badly on her employer. If she was in off hours, it's nobody's #ing business unless she is actively identifying as an employee of that company. It's not like she's indentured or something.

That's why you read the policy book that the company gives you, if you don't understand it then ask HR and they will tell you.

No, that's why I like unions. If the employer wants to infringe upon my private time, then he can pay me for the privilege. If not, it's none of his business...especially if I'm not breaking any laws.

Had she not:

1.) Posted on social media in a way that linked her employer

2.) Gone viral

3.) Tipped her employer off

She likely would be fine today. You need to do your level best to keep your personal and your work life as separate as you can these days.

Very good points.

I agree. This is why my social media has fake names, and listed as self employed. I don't want my employer to face any backlash for any of my opinions or photos.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Neither my husband or I have our employers linked to any of our social media. It's just stupid.

The ones I feel most for are the kids who are growing up doing stupid crap on their facebook, twitter, etc., and can't be bothered to think ahead and are laying the groundwork for silent blacklisting already.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Woman Fired After Giving Trump's Motorcade the Finger.

I don't think she will have a problem getting another job. Trump's not the most popular DC denizen now.

In fact.....

news.gallup.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
She had links to her employer in her social media. In this case, the employer was a Government contractor and had no choice.

She did this to herself.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
She had links to her employer in her social media. In this case, the employer was a Government contractor and had no choice.

She did this to herself.

Yes, now she is a social media celebrity, will more than likely get a better job. Apparently she did what a majority of Americans would have done as well if they had the guts.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

As whiny as she is, plus her contacting the ACLU over her termination, I'd be surprised if any prospective employer would touch this troublemaking ticking time bomb.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So you basically have no employment rights and protection.

Well that sucks.

surly she can sue them though now for unfair dismissal?

Lets say she calls up one Monday morning and says I quit out of the blue.... Can I sue her for unfair departure....

edit on 7-11-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: olaru12

As whiny as she is, plus her contacting the ACLU over her termination, I'd be surprised if any prospective employer would touch this troublemaking ticking time bomb.

I don't like high maintenance employees...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The days of free speech are over !!!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We have bigger issues then this that no one will deal with. I am betting those contracts are making someone rich and probably involve corruption or pork.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobw927

How is this a free speech issue?

This is an issue between a private employer and private employee, nothing more.

I'll say again, you are free to say/do/express what you wish. You are not free to choose the consequences.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

you are free to say/do/express what you wish. You are not free to choose the consequences.

Yes, that is true.

It's also a bit overboard but that the PC world we live in now.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

I'll say again, you are free to say/do/express what you wish. You are not free to choose the consequences.

Speaking of consequences....

My advice to her would be to file a PI suit against her supervisor and Akima with a mad dog attorney and wait till they settle out of court. Low hanging fruit, easy pickins....the complaint petition papers have probably already been filed.

Corps have slush funds to handle this sort of thing to avoid bad publicity. Akima just looks vindictive and small, this won't help their brand at all.
Akima will fold like a cheap suit.

Yes there are consequences when you start f***in with the first Amendment.
edit on 7-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: cynicalheathen

Speaking of consequences....

My advice to her would be to file a PI suit against her supervisor and Akima with a mad dog attorney and wait till they settle out of court. Low hanging fruit, easy pickins....the complaint petition papers have probably already been filed.

Corps have slush funds to handle this sort of thing to avoid bad publicity. Akima just looks vindictive and small, this won't help their brand at all.
Akima will fold like a cheap suit.

No attorney would even take the case because they couldn't even compose a Complaint citing any laws that were broken by her supervisor or employer. (BTW, she went to HR with her admission. You better believe they know their legal rights & obligations as employers.)

And, I am sure Akima has attorneys on retainer and would force her to take it to trial (but it would be tossed out immediately for failure to state a claim)...then they would make her pay court costs and legal expenses when she loses (but, again, it would be tossed out immediately).

edit on 11/7/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Compaines scour your social media all the time while applying and once in. It is cool to see the reports that they kick out also. It finds profanity, drug references, movies, political, etc and shows if they are a good fit. I do this for clients.

Should she be fired. No, I would not have fired her. However, is it ironic she was? Yes. If you want to make a stand be prepared for backlash. A bad call.

Don't forget, an 'old white guy' who called a few basketball players some names because his side hottie was sleeping with them had to 'sell a basketball team' because he was deemed racist.

It is the world we live in and if it has to be one way, well, the pendulum will swing back.
edit on Novpm30pmf0000002017-11-07T16:08:26-06:000426 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

And, I am sure Akima has attorneys on retainer and would force her to take it to trial (but it would be tossed out immediately)...then they would make her pay court costs and legal expenses when she loses.

Perhaps, but Akima would look mean spirited taking on a mother of 3 and the press would have a field day and Akima could kiss those sweet govt. contracts good by.

imo...Akima is the one up against a rock and a hard place, not Juli.
edit on 7-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Given another person who "broke" the policy didn't get fired, I'd say she has a chance for a payout.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join