It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you had a UFO Experience? What Type?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ok, I know this is in the wrong forum, but I can't set up a poll in the 'Aliens & UFOs' forum for some reason. So, if the Mods are mad about this I hope they will move it where it belongs...

Anyways, I just wanted to get a sense of how many of you guys have seen or interacted with a UFO or Extraterrestrial. So, have had a close encounter, and of what type?

Some definitions for the answers:

Nocturnal lights: You saw some lights in the sky that seemed to act differently than an aircraft or helicopter. You can't identify their origin, and you also did not see any 'details'.

CE1:You saw a craft of some sort that you cannot identify, but your observations were good enough to know that it was there. For instance, if you saw a saucer hovering over your neighbors house at close range, then it sped off without leaving any traces, and you could see its 'form' (it wasn't just a distant light), then you've had a CE1

CE2:You saw a UFO that left behind some sort of trace/evidence. For instance, if it burned the grass near your house or broke some tree branches... then yoiu had a CE2.

CE3:'Beings' or creatures of some sort emerged from the craft/object, and you observed them. They don't have to be the classic 'greys', but can be any type of UFO occupant.

CE4:You either interacted with these beings or were abducted (either from your home, car...) by them. You do not necessarily have to have seen the craft they were using.

OK, so, after you take the poll, feel free to comment.

PS Also, if you are pretty sure that you were abducted, but can't prove it beyond all doubt, feel free to mark 'CE4'. Again, I'm interested in what you think happened. I'm using a variation of the modernized Hynek formula here, so please comment if there's a category I haven't thought of.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My brother and I both saw them one night while sitting on the front porch in Florida. We both looked at eachother and said "What the?" The reason we think they were so odd is because how low they were. Obviously it couldn't have been a plane of any sort because it was just above the trees in the neighbors yard. Of course we went to investigate, to see if anyone was lighting fireworks or anything and there was nothing and noone around, not a sound...as it was around 3AM. We blew it off and haven't seen anything like that before.

I've seen other out of this world things, but not real sure if it is 'ufo' or 'alien' conneceted...

As for your last paragraph...How can anyone ever really *know* for certain?
Magestica

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I can't say that I have had any experience with UFOs, but it doesn't stop me from thinking that they do exist. Well I've got many more years to experience one.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My mother saw (along with her colleague) flying saucer standing still and making no noise in the air..around few hundred meters away, near enough to describe it.
I don't believe its aliens, I would say its likely some kind of US prototype flyer.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Heh....Well it was night-time. My family were up at my Grandma's and grandpa's down in Camperdown, Victoria, Australia just visiting them and staying the night.

Well at about 11:30pm my Grandpa went out the back door for a cigerette and then called us all out the back. 3 bright balls of orange light we're coming up from some paddocks about 1k away, no sounds, heading up at a steady, constant speed, heading up tot he sky at about a 45 degree angle heading away from us heading (as we are looking at them from the back yard) North East at a 45 degree angle. They were too slow to be rockets, not a plane and not a helicoptor, there was absolutely no noise.

I kept an eye on them until they went so high that i couldn't see them any more. They just kept going. And i have pretty good eye-sight and it was a clear sky with no clouds.

My grandpa went to the airfield and military to see if anything was flying around at that time and they said nope, nothing was reported and nothing was on radar.

So my guesses....UFOs...Unidentified Flying Objects

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thought I saw one once but upon retreiving my trusty Bushnell Insta-Vision binocs, I realized it was my first weather baloon spotting. Not a UFO but interesting anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
South Central Kentucky, right on the KY/TN border. My wife and I where driving to a family get together a when she told me to pull over and look at the lights. I did and I believe they were UFO in origin as they would stop then dart around at incredible angles and at high high speed. They then went straight up and disappeared. Now my wife is a total skeptic on everything and even she thinks we saw a UFO.

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I took a photograph of the sky on a summer's evening just as the stars were appearing. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary at the time, but when the photo was developed I noticed that high in the sky, to the top right hand corner of the photo, there were several streaking lights moving in the same general direction. They looked a little like shooting stars, but I'm sure I would have noticed them when I took the picture.

I've heard of a photography technique where if the sun's light is blocked out properly, then UFOs in the stratosphere are sometimes shown up. In the photo, the setting sun was blocked out by bushes in my garden...

Now that I think about it, these objects were moving west-south-west, which is the direction from where I live ( to the North of Glasgow, in central Scotland ) towards Machrihanish AFB. The Aurora is rumoured to have landed at this base, along with other top secret aircraft

[Edited on 1-7-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I don't know if i'm allowed to comment in this category because I'm substituting in a ET debate in the tournament, but I'd love to hear more about the one (so far) CE2 experience that someone had. What type of physical evidence was left behind? Burn marks, physiological effects, electronic recordings???

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
oops,
I must've missed what was written right above me...

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I`m surprised that there are not more under the CE4 option, I know there is more than one person on the board who claims to have had an abduction experience. No need for you to put your experience down if you feel uncomfortable with it but nothing to stop you voting.....

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by observer
South Central Kentucky, right on the KY/TN border. My wife and I where driving to a family get together a when she told me to pull over and look at the lights. I did and I believe they were UFO in origin as they would stop then dart around at incredible angles and at high high speed. They then went straight up and disappeared. Now my wife is a total skeptic on everything and even she thinks we saw a UFO.

Where were you crossing the state line. I-75?, US 27?
or somewhere else?

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

or somewhere else?

Yikes Astro I am not sure the name of the road. To get where we were going you get off 65 at Glasgow and take windy backroads through Burksville near (Dale Hollow State park). We were just over the KY/TN border near the Cordell Hull Dam (dunno if you are familiar with this area or not). We weren't anywhere near a mil base.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What I find most interesting is that no one has had a CE3 experience... which would, from a practical standpoint, entail seeing some 'little grey men' while in full command of your senses (no, that isn't necessitated by the definition, but it can be assumed that, if you're abducted, that you are in an altered state of some sort).

This makes the poll seem that much more authentic, as you would expect the CE3 response to be lowest.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

or somewhere else?

Yikes Astro I am not sure the name of the road. To get where we were going you get off 65 at Glasgow and take windy backroads through Burksville near (Dale Hollow State park). We were just over the KY/TN border near the Cordell Hull Dam (dunno if you are familiar with this area or not). We weren't anywhere near a mil base.

I think I located where you crossed into TN. I think its on route 53 which runs to the West of dale Hollow Lake. Yeah, you were far from any militay bases. I guess the closest would be Fort Campbell but thats over 100 miles away from there.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
for my encounter....

(Introductions Forum)

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I took a picture once of some trees on a hill that were across a river and when I got the pictures fomr the developers in the top of the picture there is a small grey tirangler object. I do not know what is if. It is not a plane. The craft had a shape loke a triangle but with rounded corners. I did not see it when I took the picture.

new topics

top topics

join