It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood's hypocrisy is mind-blowing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I heard George Clooney's latest film, 'Suburbicon' being discussed on a radio show this morning. A brief (thankfully) interview with Clooney was played. I think the interview was recorded before the movie hit the theaters, and bombed horribly.

Clooney blathered about white people and black people. He used the word "dignity" a couple times. His message was:
All black people have dignity. White people don't have dignity. Seriously, that was the message.
He then briefly lectured about some quasi-moral nonsense. He was attempting to educate the dummies. The commoners.

I was actually laughing out loud (almost hysterically) while driving. Clueless Clooney's bit was funnier than the best comedy routine I've heard in a while. Truly, it falls under the "you can't make this up" heading. Here's a guy who is good buddies with Harvey Weinstein, lecturing on morality. Clooney and his buddy Matt Damon are denouncing Weinstein NOW, after he was caught. They both claim they didn't know what Weinstein was doing. At least Quentin Tarentino had the balls to say he wishes he would have come forward and blew the whistle on Weinstein.

Back to the OP topic:
Clooney is the perfect ambassador for Hollywood. The perfect spokesman for the culture. A culture that looks the other way, that enables pedophilia, serial rapists and all manner of depravity by night, then lectures us on morality by day.

People like Clooney and Damon remind me of a question once posed by Dennis Miller. "How is it even humanly possible for a person to become this f' d up?"

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
"How is it even humanly possible for a person to become this f' d up?"

Dunno. Maybe we should ask Donald Sutherland...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

No matter how guilt-ridden they claim to be, they're never ashamed enough to give all their money away.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I grew up in hollywood. Both sides of family worked in the industry in varying levels.

I can say you are correct for the most part about your view on hollywood.

Hypocrites. Self serving. Narcissistic. Fake. Coddled. Entitled. Delusional. Pathological wouod all be words that equally describe hollywood. From the lowest PAs and assistants to the producers and everyone in between. Obviously there are exceptions to the rules but those words accurately describe about 85 percent of them.

When asked by my perplexed extended family in that industry why i vehemently dont want anything to do with hollywood i reply (and of course it goes over their heads) 'i choose not to participate in the Bread and Circus, its an opiate for the masses' besides i have standards and i chose not to associate with self absorbed koolaid drinking unethical (generally) scum. Even if its wrapped in a shiny package.

Its hard to be around people who act like pariahs because they only got paid 450 dollars for 12 hours of work. Even though they were standing around 80 percent of the time doing nothing complaining theyre bored while being largely superfluous. Being pampered and coddled eating 35 bucks worth of gourmet food each for breakfast alone. Then getting the same for lunch. And dinner. Then standing around having one sided conversations about themselves and some 'amazing' project they just worked on while your thinking who gives a S.

The producers are generally snakes. The poor production managers have to abide by nepotinistic 'must hires' to appease some scummy producer.

The only cool ones seem to be the guys in the art department. The rest all seem self aggrandizing twits.

As a guy who used to do PR for actors i can honestly say for me its hard to respect professional posers and well paid wannabes. Their pathology is profound.

Hollywood is rotten to the core to its very foundations. Same goes with nearly every aspect of the music business. Also an industry i worked fairly deep in and still have family work in the upper levels of.

I just find the entire industry intellectually baren and waste of ones time and soul.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Yes and please return to Canada you has been weirdo!!a reply to: loam

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Maybe Obama has really rub off on Clooney.

Clooney and Obama are good friends, and we all know Obama's past/upbrining

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My dad used to be one of the top 1st ADs in the industry for 35 years. Retires briefly before a financial situation forced him to work again 6 months later.

Makes some calls and people he consisered friends. That he worked with for 35 years. Most who he groomed into the business when they were trying to get in. That he had over for christmas every year. All of them acted like they never heard of him before. Wouldnt even have the decency to return calls. Mainly because there's nothing in it for them.

It was hard for my dad to realize like he did that his entire professional life all the friendships and relationships he had were scams.

He understands now why i never looked up to his friends and called them what they were. And why i shun them as ass hats in general.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Just a few months ago i walked off a set because i couldnt take the director lying to everybody all day and night. Especially to the naive gullible young actress's on set. He just told lies all day to encourage peopke to work with him. I found it dispicable yet all too common.

The last straw that day was when i overheard him and the producer trying to not pay half his crew. Then they went on to talk agreeably about how great it is to work with chinese clients and production because money laundering was so easy. Scummy people them folks were. I walked off set. And i was the 1st AD on that project.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I don't even remember the last good movie Clooney was in. Dusk til dawn maybe?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Please keep in mind most people involved in acting in Hollywood are extreme narcissists.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Ever been on set and watched all the crazy extras clamoring for attention, talking incessantly about them selves and veing catty behind each others back.

A yale grad student going for a phd could write his entire senior thesis in one day by just observing the rampant pathology on a film set.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Also intellectual theivery is huuuge in both hollywood and the music industry.

Theres a distinct lack of integrity in those industries.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I don't even remember the last good movie Clooney was in. Dusk til dawn maybe?

Syriana was pretty good....He gets his finger nails ripped off in a torture chamber..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Please keep in mind most people involved in acting in Hollywood are extreme narcissists.

I don't think "narcissist" covers it. These people like Clooney believe they're some sort of divine beings. It's just bizarre.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
For a person who claims they refused to work in industry, you have claimed a lot of working in the industry. I've been in a few, and in music. Music seems far more snakey to me. Clooney and the liberal group he associates with are delusional.
a reply to: BASSPLYR

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth

Hey i grew up in that industry on both sides of my family. Seen it from the bottom up the top down the inside looking out and the outside looking in.

In my 20s i worked in that industry cause it ran in the family. By my mid 30s i was grown enough to see it for what it was. And shuned it for the pathological ceespool it actually is.

No discrepancies in any of that.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hollywood is just like Washington.

Good people go there.
They get their butts kissed by everyone.
They lose touch with the common folk.
They do anything to maintain their perch.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Here in LA, many of the Hollywood types (I'm looking at you Beverly Hills and many other rich white neighborhoods) called all Trump supporters and Conservatives racist yet when a minority walked into their neighborhoods, they see them in a "weird way".

That's why a lot of us in LA hated Hollyweird.
edit on 11/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Thats true. For people supposedly championing human rights its sure hypocritical to force their 'help' to walk from sunset blvd 2 miles up hill to their employers compounds in bel aire instead of having the decency to actually drive down and pick them up. Ten minutes out of their day is too much to ask i guess. Sort of dehumanizing. But thats hollywood.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

originally posted by: ColeYounger
"How is it even humanly possible for a person to become this f' d up?"

Dunno. Maybe we should ask Donald Sutherland...

Wow, what a pussy. I think little donny needs his pacifier.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join